Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borgen [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭brian_t

Borgen - series 2.

According to Wikipedia BBC4 will air the second series in January 2013.

They base that on the Guardian article quoted below and probably the fact that the first series started in January this year.
    BBC4 has also bought the second series of the show, which it will air next winter.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2012/feb/05/lilyhammer-series-borgen-bbc4-zandt
    Yes, more episodes are in the pipeline but sadly not until next year.
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-04-17/the-bridge,-the-killing-iii-and-more-scandinavian-dramas-coming-soon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

brian_t wrote: »
    Borgen series one is been repeated from next Wednesday (June 13) at 11.00pm on BBC4.

One episode per week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b019ch5q

Any idea if episode one will be repeated,missed it!!!:mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

It should be on the BBC player for the next month!

It should be on the BBC player for the next month!

Not a month, only a week. So 5 days left.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b019c0dy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

How do you view the BBC iplayer?VPN,proxy network,installshield?Any links to a decent stream?:confused:

• Advertisement

It's embedded in the site and legally free for anyone in the uk and ireland :) You may need flash but that's it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Afraid not.
    Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only, but all BBC iPlayer Radio programmes are available to you. Why?

If you are in the UK and see this message please read this advice.

Go to the BBC iPlayer Radio homepage

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

seligehgit wrote: »
    How do you view the BBC iplayer?VPN,proxy network,installshield?Any links to a decent stream?:confused:

Install a program called Expatshield and you'll be able to access it no problem!

Borgen Series 2 starts on BBC4 on Saturday 5th January at 9.00pm

Ooh, can't wait to see it! Thanks for the heads up :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I'd like to check this out due to good word of mouth, but haven't seen the first season. Would I be clueless on season 2 without catching up?

Yeah, probably. It's excellent television anyway, well worth watching!

Tak :pac:

Right, I've jumped in with the first episode of season 1.

So, sex, a death, and underhand tactics, yes, it's politics. Messy and dirty stuff. Thought it zipped along pretty well.

Nice speech by Birgitte,
    landslide was maybe a little sweeping, but it's TVland.

Shout outs to Meyer and Strange from Forbrydelsen (The Killing), and yes, the blonde news anchor is rather lovely.

That bearded spin doctor bloke looks scarily like Peter from Fringe.

Up to episode 5 now.

The Greenland stuff was pretty moving, though depressing. It almost never registers on any political or media radar.

Think the show is pretty good at putting all the key players in very difficult situations. Kasper's a bloody ninja on the media side of things, though Katrine was right with that line 'your world starts and ends with Kasper', or whatever it was, and Birgitte ain't half bad at the political stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

This is really top notch stuff - I'm on to season 2 episode 6 - (that's the best episode I've seen so far)

I loved The West Wing and this is just as good.

Season 2 is better - much darker.

I love how they've developed Birgitte's character.

They haven't aired Season 2 here yet

They haven't aired Season 2 here yet
    Where's here?

Season 3 started on Danish TV yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Anywhere you can receive BBC 4, so no spoilers please. :)

born2bwild wrote: »
    Where's here?

Season 3 started on Danish TV yesterday.

This is an Irish website, and my location says Dublin. I think "here" is implied. :P

• Advertisement

This is an Irish website, and my location says Dublin. I think "here" is implied. :P
    Of course, no spoilers --- considering the last few years' rate of emigration 'here' could be anywhere - whatever you've written as your boards location.

I'm on to episode 7 Season 2 - no spoilers except to say
    that it gets better!

Still on season one, up to episode 7. Can't wait to finish it.

The scenes in English (mostly episode 6) were fun, Birgitte seemed to drop straight into a British accent! I do think some of the translations are a little loose to accommodate a British audience, e.g., 'the dog's bollocks'. :pac:

Between this, and the other Danish/Scandinavian imports, let no one tell you there are no good (credible) female characters on TV.
    what was it 'I consider you a dead man in my government',
    what a ballsy line.

That former Labour party guy who now runs a tabloid is an awful sleaze altogether, but the sh!tstorms that occur in the government's own house are the meat of the show. OK, so some of the decisions and manoeuvre's a bit clean (in the story telling sense), and there's a little wish fulfillment vibe, but who cares? It's good TV.

OK, where do I go for support group meeting? :pac:

The current Danish PM is a chick, too.

Even hotter than Brigitte.

We get Inda....

Finished now.

Episode 9 was bloody brilliant. These shows really put their female characters through the wringer.
    Katrine wised up a bit and her BS detector is obviously a little more honed now. Great scene when she walked into the room only to meet the military brass. Shout to Theis Larsen from the Killing who's the Defence minister. I still think her colleague Ulrik is pretty useless and gives very soft interviews. Kasper's had a heavy past - difficult flashbacks, he might need to watch his drinking habits.

Episode 10 - nice speech, think she's been taking hints from Obama. The show in general has a few nods to US politics.

Interview with Katrine here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

So excited for tonight, I've been anticipating this all week :D

After reading that interview my favourite line is
    It also had the best furniture.

I'd forgotten all about that part, I'm gonna spend the whole episode admiring Brigitte's interior design!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Been reading through this to try and refresh my memory of series 1. Totally forgot the whole thing started with Katrine sexing that guy to death a la Downton Abbey :D

Very excited for tonight :D

Well, those 2 opening episodes certainly packed a punch, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

It's a bit sad I know but I dashed home from the pub to watch Borgen! Missed the first 10 mins but I think they repeat it some night during the week. Realised I must have missed some of series 1 because I didnt know
    Birgitte and Philip were getting a divorce and that she had fallen out with Bent
    (not sure if those are spoilers but just in case)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

hollypink wrote: »
    It's a bit sad I know but I dashed home from the pub to watch Borgen! Missed the first 10 mins but I think they repeat it some night during the week.

Tuesday 11pm on BBC4 - brilliant first 2 episodes of series 2 - thats my Saturday night sorted for the next 4 weeks !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Great first two episodes, certainly one of the best shows on TV. So much drama contained within both episodes, they both flew by. Loved the way
    she got rid of creepy looking Kruse. I am glad Bent survived, Brigitte really needs his guidance.
    Should be another great season if they continue at this pace.

Advertisement