Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Oldskool Appreciation Party - O.A.P's thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Great night in the Button Factory last night. Both lads smashed it!! Big ups to both Francois & MK, brilliant gig, thoroughly enjoyed it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭francois

es-cee wrote: »
    Great night in the Button Factory last night. Both lads smashed it!! Big ups to both Francois & MK, brilliant gig, thoroughly enjoyed it :)

Glad you did, bit of laugh playing some of the old stuff-great atmosphere in the place as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Maysa07

francois wrote: »
    Glad you did, bit of laugh playing some of the old stuff-great atmosphere in the place as well

Was it recorded?

Maysa07 wrote: »
    Was it recorded?

Don't think so, could be wrong, I filmed some of it, but the sound is terrible, I'll upload it later to youtube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

pulled this out from the bottom of the box last night

this chap has a few nice Skanna tunes uploaded,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Don't think so, could be wrong, I filmed some of it, but the sound is terrible, I'll upload it later to youtube

Alright francois,is there any of your mixes floating around the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

There's a void, where there should be ecstasy!!

Had that track on tape years ago, havnt heard it in years, can you give a youtube link? Whats the name of it?

Had that track on tape years ago, havnt heard it in years, can you give a youtube link? Whats the name of it?

http://www.discogs.com/Exoterix-Void/release/86379

• Advertisement

tdv123 wrote: »
    Alright francois,is there any of your mixes floating around the place?

Nothing at the moment, both my decks need a service as they only play out of one channel

Your a gent, i havnt heard that track in over 15 years, brings me right back.

Thank you.

It's a different track, to the one Francois just ID'd for you, with same sample. It's on Moving Shadow, 'Hyper On Experience - Lord Of The Null Lines', is the one i posted.

It's a different track, to the one Francois just ID'd for you, with same sample. It's on Moving Shadow, 'Hyper On Experience - Lord Of The Null Lines', is the one i posted.

Sorry sean, didnt explain myself correctly, i only quoted the text from your post, the one francois posted was the one i was after, had it years ago on tape & hadnt heard it in over 15 at least, when i read the lines of text in your post it reminded me of it.

Felix_74 wrote: »
    Personally tho' I think the i'd's of these tunes should be shared to allow people who love this stuff to have the opportunity to hear them again.. I'd be willing to bet 99% of the users on the old thread would agree with this as a lot of them got the chance to have long lost tunes id'd on the forum.
    Why withhold the names of tunes. Its a little rediculous IMO :D

Its a mental disorder,

NPD (narcissistic personality disorder)
    It's completely childish, not just a little ridiculous mate. But there are a group of lads, doing there best, to keep the names of those tunes under wraps. Ya's know who ya's are, not going to start mentioning names. .

All the lads that run & frequent tech radio.
    thats the reason i have a youtube account... when i find the tune i up it and expose the "rare" tune" a number of people not from boards has mailed me with their disappointed remakes..i ided the sonar is clear and upt it..people werent happy at all with that.. **** them! up everything...

I second that.

When i use to upload tracks on youtube ( back in the day :pac: ) I never had one person complain about oh you should keep that track under wraps and don't tell any one. Everyone loved the fact that they could here tracks they forgot about. Even DJ's and Producers use to thank me for uploading there tracks.

But i have to agree with you all that there are some you just want to keep names of tracks to them self's for some strange reason? Even some well known Dublin DJ's would not id a tune for you.

..i ided the sonar is clear and upt it....

Will you fire it up here please holy, not sure what tuine your on about but i am sure i will be glad to have it.

All the lads that run & frequent tech radio.

I see that tech radio on facebook some times but never listen to it, actually i never listen to any oldskool radio. I take it they never post a tracklist after the show?

I see that tech radio on facebook some times but never listen to it, actually i never listen to any oldskool radio. I take it they never post a tracklist after the show?

You got it, they would be definitely tune hoarders, if tune hoarders was to be explained by definition in the dictionary it would have 'tech radio' underneath it.

We should KLF their ass:D

brits1992.jpg

• Advertisement

Will you fire it up here please holy, not sure what tuine your on about but i am sure i will be glad to have it.

Here it is here Key ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BwjldAx-_g

Was listening these last night:

6,000,000 ways to die (uncle 22 final remix) Strictly Underground 44, Hype did a mix on RAM, but I think this Dub Technicians rmx is pretty good, B side but label wrong way round on my 12'.

Skanna 8 all you wanted John Graham, just lovely

Aladdin rmxs 2-r we enter (heavenly remix) Aphrodite, just splendid

I've heard them, point blank refuse an ID request, when asked by a member of their chatroom. On a number of occasions too, not just once or twice. Which is the main reason, i couldn't be arsed with it now, even though i like the music.

It reminds me of a kid (or kids), who want to show off what they have, in order to make other kids jealous. Look what i have, and you don't, mentality. Quite pathetic really, when you take into account, these are adults well into their 30's.

Tracklists should also be mandatory, when posting sets/mixes of your own, on sites like this, and others like it too btw. Different story, if you're posting someone else's mix, like this one here (which is killer btw!!), but no excuse for posting your own with none.

You can hardly be expected to know every tune, in that case. Bit of team work, in those situations, goes along way though ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 slim

lmfao

lovely link, got to burn cd and get it into the stereo asap, cant hear it properly unless its at a rather loud volume in a residential area :D
    Darkness did I ever offend thee........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

anyone fill gaps in please thanks :)

1. Red 5 - Da Beat Goes (club mix)
    4. Committee - Welcome (I Said Shut Up)
    5. Control - Dream
    6. TDV – I Don't care
    7. M. Experience III, The* - Rock Your Body
    8. Paragliders – Paraglide

Side B

1.Underworld – Born Slippy.
    2.Lucky Monkeys - Bjango
    3.Grooveyard - Watch Me Now
    5.TUSOM-FLAMENCOTRIP
    7.FUTURE RAINFOREST E.P. RAINFOREST - RAINDANCE

1. Red 5 - Da Beat Goes (club mix)
    2. Benedict Brothers - 4 Those That Can Dance (Klubbed Up Mix)
    3. The Monti Experience - Break You Down
    4. Committee - Welcome (I Said Shut Up)
    5. Control - Dream
    6. TDV – I Don't care
    7. M. Experience III, The* - Rock Your Body
    8. Paragliders – Paraglide

Side B

1.Underworld – Born Slippy.
    2.Lucky Monkeys - Bjango
    3.Grooveyard - Watch Me Now
    5.TUSOM-FLAMENCOTRIP
    6.Trigger & Auburn - Do It
    7.FUTURE RAINFOREST E.P. Project X - Hardhouse

Last tune sounds very familiar

• Advertisement

Oldtree wrote: »
    lovely link, got to burn cd and get it into the stereo asap, cant hear it properly unless its at a rather loud volume in a residential area :D
    Darkness did I ever offend thee........

I pm'd the bloke over on youtube, for a tracklist, hopefully he gets back to me with one :) Great mix!!!

Advertisement