Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Oldskool Appreciation Party - O.A.P's thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Felix_74

Hi lads,

Jusr read "the greatest book" for the second time in as many years and have to say it is a quality read and a fantastic resource for anybody who was on the scene in the early 90's. Some great nites in Dublin that I doubt could be matched by most cities in Europe at that time. Anyway, a huge thanks to you all for putting your memories in text and to all the guys who took the time and slapped the mixes up on the boards and also creating their own. As a reference point it is amazing and you should all be proud of the contributions you've made etc.
    There is plenty of us out there that like to get some serious tunage on the "cans" and reminisce from time to time ;)

Anyway need help with some tune I'ds.

The first one is a tracklisting from Warrens 93 asylum mix. He made a few at that time but this one contains a couple of roughage tracks including houseplan, kee-mo, robotnico, cj bolland and virtual symmetry's discovered theme near the end. My copy is a bit chopped up also, so if anybody has a good copy could they put it up please?

The second id is one from eye q records i think with a guy saying "As your spaceship enters the atmosphere of the planet, pay attention to where you are landing". If anyone can help with these I would really appreciate it lads.

F.

Gonna be another great night on oos radio tonight, full moon in effect :cool:

http://onlyoldskool.com/Radio.html

moon22nd.jpg

• Advertisement

Howdy boys,

Ah man,livin in the UK now but the best part the night was me and the ipod. on the way home. Daranoid in the mix with all the aul asylum tunes. I think everyone on the train taught i was bonkers, but i wisnae ginvin a toot. If you werent in the asylum/olympic/waterfront nobody could understand. It was another world boys. It was f**kin unparalleled. Im just glad I was an early 90's baby.

I cannae even explain what it meant.... Just great times lads.

Quality tune, was dropped this morning, at about 7am, over on oos radio.
    Brilliant night last night, some serious classic tunage, all night long :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Felix_74 wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Anyway need help with some tune I'ds.

The first one is a tracklisting from Warrens 93 asylum mix. He made a few at that time but this one contains a couple of roughage tracks including houseplan, kee-mo, robotnico, cj bolland and virtual symmetry's discovered theme near the end. My copy is a bit chopped up also, so if anybody has a good copy could they put it up please?

Warren K mix.......

1: Still don't know it
    2: Goahead - Free Beach(Candolyn Mix)
    3: Robotnico - Machina Nera
    4: Roughage-Artificial 303
    5: Keemo - The Mooger
    6: Roughage - La Marquesa (UK-Remix)
    7; Superspy - Sunflower
    8; Roughage - Houseplan
    9: Cj Bolland - Camargue Live at Universe
    10; Superspy - The Fall
    11: Virtual Symmetry - Discovered Theme

Few mixes still active in my Mediafire account and i think that one is in the list.

http://www.mediafire.com/?g4iym0y9ts85q

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭5wreck

derra wrote: »
    Warren K mix.......

7; Superspy - Sunflower
    8; Roughage - Houseplan
    10; Superspy - The Fall

Few mixes still active in my Mediafire account and i think that one is in the list.

http://www.mediafire.com/?g4iym0y9ts85q[/QUOTE]

Thanks for filling in the blanks on that mix derra. I feel like I know you after reading all your posts on the Asylum thread. Have a great xmas bud ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

derra wrote: »
    Warren K mix.......

7; Superspy - Sunflower
    8; Roughage - Houseplan
    10; Superspy - The Fall

http://www.mediafire.com/?g4iym0y9ts85q[/QUOTE]

Thanks for filling in the blanks on that mix derra. I feel like I know you after reading all your posts on the Asylum thread. Have a great xmas bud ;)
    god damn that 1st tune!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

god damn that 1st tune!

mac do you know last track on the house pressure 7 tape? :cool:

Surprised you 2 are even asking for those tunes btw,
    i know it's crimbo, and a time for sharing, but come
    on lads. Those tunes are locked up tight, in a vault,
    not too far from where you both live, more than likely.
    Might hear them on tech radio though, but hear them,
    is all you'll do ;):rolleyes:

Derra's version of the mix is nearly there. Kee mo's sky tracer gets a quick spin and also Visions is in there before carmague..... I think.
    Personally tho' I think the i'd's of these tunes should be shared to allow people who love this stuff to have the opportunity to hear them again.. I'd be willing to bet 99% of the users on the old thread would agree with this as a lot of them got the chance to have long lost tunes id'd on the forum.
    Why withhold the names of tunes. Its a little rediculous IMO :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag3c6I7j4lg

This was on a good Tall Paul mix I used to have. Saw him at The System around 1994. He done the business too :D

Derra's version of the mix is nearly there. Kee mo's sky tracer gets a quick spin and also Visions is in there before carmague..... I think.
    Personally tho' I think the i'd's of these tunes should be shared to allow people who love this stuff to have the opportunity to hear them again.. I'd be willing to bet 99% of the users on the old thread would agree with this as a lot of them got the chance to have long lost tunes id'd on the forum.
    Why withhold the names of tunes. Its a little rediculous IMO :D

It's completely childish, not just a little ridiculous mate. But there are a group of lads, doing there best, to keep the names of those tunes under wraps. Ya's know who ya's are, not going to start mentioning names. They think the tunes will get rinsed out at oldskool gigs etc, if they're ID'd. But let's be serious for a second, no1 gives a shít about those tunes anymore, except the odd few people who used to frequent places like the Asylum, Sides etc, that are still actually into the music today, and the odd oldskool fan from younger generations like myself. So i really can't see how these tunes would get "rinsed out" in all honesty, as like i said, the majority of dance music fans in Ireland today, don't even like them, and brush them off as poorly made rubbish at best. Anyway, bit of a rant there, i didn't intend going into, but couldn't help myself once i started typing this reply. I'm not a huge fan of "Dublin Oldskool" music myself, i've always been more into the UK rave scene, but i'd love all of those tunes from the Dublin scene to get ID'd, for the people who are into it. So when theses DJ's who are keeping the tune names from people, do decide to retire, the scene will still be alive for younger generations to enjoy.

Gotta say I agree with some of what you say es-cee.

Oh.... and come to think of it, I got to see Tall Paul headline at the Temple theatre aswell in the 90's and, from what i can remember, he totally wrecked the gaff!!!!

es-cee wrote: »
    It's completely childish, not just a little ridiculous mate. But there are a group of lads, doing there best, to keep the names of those tunes under wraps. Ya's know who ya's are, not going to start mentioning names. They think the tunes will get rinsed out at oldskool gigs etc, if they're ID'd. But let's be serious for a second, no1 gives a shít about those tunes anymore, except the odd few people who used to frequent places like the Asylum, Sides etc, that are still actually into the music today, and the odd oldskool fan from younger generations like myself. So i really can't see how these tunes would get "rinsed out" in all honesty, as like i said, the majority of dance music fans in Ireland today, don't even like them, and brush them off as poorly made rubbish at best. Anyway, bit of a rant there, i didn't intend going into, but couldn't help myself once i started typing this reply. I'm not a huge fan of "Dublin Oldskool" music myself, i've always been more into the UK rave scene, but i'd love all of those tunes from the Dublin scene to get ID'd, for the people who are into it. So when theses DJ's who are keeping the tune names from people, do decide to retire, the scene will still be alive for younger generations to enjoy.
    thats the reason i have a youtube account... when i find the tune i up it and expose the "rare" tune" a number of people not from boards has mailed me with their disappointed remakes..i ided the sonar is clear and upt it..people werent happy at all with that.. **** them! up everything...

thats the reason i have a youtube account... when i find the tune i up it and expose the "rare" tune" a number of people not from boards has mailed me with their disappointed remakes..i ided the sonar is clear and upt it..people werent happy at all with that.. **** them! up everything...

Yeah i remember ya telling me about that alright, swear they fúckin made the tracks, and own the copyright on them, cheeky cúnts!

ive even bought tracks that i dont particulary like.. but they were kept secret.. i feel its my duty to buy it and up it :)

• Advertisement

ive even bought tracks that i dont particulary like.. but they were kept secret.. i feel its my duty to buy it and up it :)

Good stuff Mac, you're an inspiration to us oldskool fans, and a right pain in the hoop, for those guys who want to keep them tunes locked away. If i come across any tune that need ID'n myself, i'll up them without hesitation as well, for everyone to enjoy..... Gotta love the internet!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Think I might have been at that night, Tall Paul was immense

Quote=Felix_74;82381436]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag3c6I7j4lg

This was on a good Tall Paul mix I used to have. Saw him at The System around 1994. He done the business too :D[/Quote]

Never get tired of this album!!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ROCKY MANGAN

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

anyone fill gaps in please thanks :)

1. Red 5 - Da Beat Goes (club mix)
    4. Committee - Welcome (I Said Shut Up)