Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobless What Should i do?

Options
  • 31-12-2012 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

So i have been unemployed for the last six weeks, for whatever reason i cant get the dole? i have a wife and two kids living with me and also apart from the bills have to pay support for my 3rd child my 1st born, and am behind again, explaining this to the courts they gave me three days to get 400 up for the ex or go to prison,! i had to borrow the money and now have to pay it back they put me in a bigger hole than i was at first? i really see no end to this and am starting think there is no hope for me now or my kids? the ex is heartless and will jump at the chance of having me taken away from my wife and kids at any chance!

Am i just moaning or is this unfair?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Why is it you cant get the dole?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

After Hours is the last place I'd look for advice OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭RossyG

It's unfair.

If you have dependent children then I don't see why you shouldn't get dole. Try this website: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/irish_social_welfare_system/

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭doyle61

Go to citizens advice OP and find out what they think.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Were you self-employed or did you quit your job? These are the only circumstances that I know of where people don/t get dole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Get a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Is it that your spouse earns too much? Surely you would be entitled to JSB for a while though? Unless of course you were self employed - whole other story there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

OP, you've come to the right place.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Can't understand why some women go on like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Women are the devil in disguise

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

1. Give free air fresheners out with a begging note attached.
    2. ??
    3 -Profit!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭greenheart

Some women love to use their kids as weapons, I don't understand it there only hurting the kids.
    Op is there no way you can explain your situation and get the payment put on hold till your working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Your in messy situation op
    My advice is

1.find out exactly what you are and are not entitled to from social welfare

2.relax with the bambinos till your in a more stable situation

3.never trust anything that bleeds for a week and doesnt die

Try the social welfare forum for advice on your situation as to why you can't claim dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭100200 shih

greenheart wrote: »
    Some women love to use their kids as weapons, I don't understand it there only hurting the kids.
    Op is there no way you can explain your situation and get the payment put on hold till your working?

Why should his child suffer ? not the child fault that he made 2 more children, Too many down people the courts claiming they cannot pay their maintains. Pay up , You made the child, so the women are not using this as a weapon,

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭AnarchistKen

OP keep your chin up. Citizens advice and MABS maybe your first two moves to solving some problems

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Did you not explain to the bloke in fancy dress that you had no income?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

Find a job! Tends to fix the joblessness problem right up.

//Easier said than done, but best of luck to ye

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Why should his child suffer ? not the child fault that he made 2 more children, Too many down people the courts claiming they cannot pay their maintains. Pay up , You made the child, so the women are not using this as a weapon,

So his other two kids suffer instead?
    What's stopping his ex from looking after her their child?

The OP's looking for advice on how to deal with this, hearing another nagger is probably bottom of his list right now.

And FWIW, he's already paid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭100200 shih

CianRyan wrote: »

The OP's looking for advice on how to deal with this, hearing another nagger is probably bottom of his list right now.

& why cant his wife look after the 2 ??? not nagging , just stating a fact as I am entitle to my own opinion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭sophia25

Apply immediately to District Court for a variation on maintenance. They don't expect you to pay what you don't have, so you can get a variation order and comply with court order. It is essential you do this as a matter of priority otherwise you will be back in this situation again. In fairness, you must have been behind with maintenance before you lost your job though as you need to have missed 3 payments before a summons is issued and it can take anywhere between 10-14 weeks to get a court date. I totally think it is wrong that any parent is sent to jail because they have no money but as soon as you lose a job/ get a reduced income you need to apply for a variation order and the courts take new circumstances into account. Ignoring a court order is what angers the judges. Also if you post more details about why you're not entitled to so maybe we could offer more advice. Stay calm and things will work out, but stop playing the blame game at the mother of your child, she no doubt has been badly effected by your job loss too and try to look at ways forward than being bitter. I'm sure you're child was fed, clothed, housed and cared for when you weren't paying, maybe start seeing how this is helping you, rather than getting angry that she expects you comply with a court order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

are you habitually resident in Ireland? Theres no reason why you cant get dole unless you were self employed or your partner earns too much. Have you always lived in ireland? If not and your only here less than a year then you wont get anything. Try for the dole where you grew up if not Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭sophia25

Even if partner earns too much you are entitled to 9mhs JSB based on your own PRSI contributions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Community welfareofficer is what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Can't understand why some women go on like this
    Go on like what??:confused:
    Getting a father to face up to his responsibilities and support his child.

OP, get your ass off the internet and make an appointment with your nearest community welfare officer ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

CianRyan wrote: »

Ugh, nothing grinds my gears like naggers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    Women are the devil in disguise

There are 3.5 billion devils on Earth? Do you include your mother in this evil conspiracy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Confab wrote: »
    There are 3.5 billion devils on Earth? Do you include your mother in this evil conspiracy?
    (she possibly ties his hands behind his back to stop him having self-sexy time, I'd say that's a yes). OP, either start making some money or go see the Judge for a reduction/extension. But mainly, go start making some money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

So i have been unemployed for the last six weeks, for whatever reason i cant get the dole? i have a wife and two kids living with me and also apart from the bills have to pay support for my 3rd child my 1st born, and am behind again, explaining this to the courts they gave me three days to get 400 up for the ex or go to prison,! i had to borrow the money and now have to pay it back they put me in a bigger hole than i was at first? i really see no end to this and am starting think there is no hope for me now or my kids? the ex is heartless and will jump at the chance of having me taken away from my wife and kids at any chance!

Am i just moaning or is this unfair?

Have you gone to your local office health board?
    They can make emergency payments to you for a period when your in crises such as waiting for your dole payments to kick in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

PM Run_to_da_hills

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement