Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In preparation for testing (iOS)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Wossack

the_syco wrote: »
    Nooooooessss :(

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Wossack wrote: »
    :(
    Nooooooessss :(

On a completely unrelated note im selling a 4s :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

My poor Ipad :( Wish I hadn't lost my Galaxy S2 now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,096 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

DeVore wrote: »
    Ok, here's what we believe are the steps to solve this and retry:

1 Delete TestFlight from your home screen on your idevice.
    2 Remove the TestFlight webclip profile (settings>general>profiles)
    3 Clear the cookies and cache and ensure that private browsing is turned off.
    4 Restart Device
    5 Login to https://testflightapp.com/m/login on Mobile Safari.
    6 Touch 'Connect Device', complete the registration process.
    No joy on either device I'm afraid. Looking at their FAQ is says to contact the developer (oh! DeV the dev!) and then send a screenshot to TestFlight is that doesn't work.

Have you any other solutions, or will I contact TF?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Jaysis, I think might be best to contact them.... I'm lost with the iOS stuff, and it has worked ok on other Apple devices so I dunno. Sorry to have you go to all this trouble mate :/

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

Ive followed all instructions, have installed test flight app from email.

Now i just get 'no apps installed' on testflight dashboard. Havent received any other mail.

Im using ipad 1, is this a problem?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yes, sorry... as per what I posted above, we're not building iPad1 versions just yet. It wont perform well and we dont want to disappoint people. Sorry, it was a very late decision because we only had iPad 2+3 to test with in house. We hope a few optimisations in the future will make iPad1 work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,398 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Ive followed all instructions, have installed test flight app from email.

Now i just get 'no apps installed' on testflight dashboard. Havent received any other mail.

Im using ipad 1, is this a problem?

You are not alone :(

Me too :)

Goes to show that later iPads are more than just a camera and a retina screen :)
    Boourns, I'm sure there are still millions of iPad 1 owners out there.

I'll keep checking the thread for updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Its because it has to do something with your DeviceID or else Apple kinda spaz out about external software being loaded outside their precious iTunes.
    Any chance of throwing those of us who have jailbroken phones the link to see if we can load it on with Cydia or Installous?

Actually I dont think we can, we dont get a link as such from TFA, it installs the app from its own servers.

Plus those stores by definition wont talk to AppStore as far as I understand, which leaves us with no way to make our investment back... (in game purchases are done through Apple).

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,096 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Jaysis, I think might be best to contact them.... I'm lost with the iOS stuff, and it has worked ok on other Apple devices so I dunno. Sorry to have you go to all this trouble mate :/

DeV.
    I got on to them. They requested logs from an iPhone Configuration Utility, which I provided, and they just got back to me with the following:
    It looks like there's an issue with the provisioning profile used on the build. If you're in touch with the developer, can you ask them to try regenerating/downloading a new profile from Apple's portal and using that with the build? If they have any questions about this process, we'll be happy to help them if they contact us directly.
    If it's too messy to rectify DeV, it's no problem. I'm sure you've enough iOS testers as it is, and I seem to be the only one with the issue :)

Well, I'll pass that on to the iOS build guy and see what he thinks. Its very kind of you to track this down for us too, obviously it wouldnt be an issue in the final build but still, I hate to leave any tester behind :)

Leave it with me...

T.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Are you still hoping to roll out an iPhone 4 build this week sometime? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I've logged in to testflight and subscribed to the "gonegaming" , but not received a link for the app itself or the option within "testflight" itself.

Ipad / IOS 5.0.1

re: IPhone4 ... yes, the hope is that this week we'll have a build to test on iPhone 4 and iPad1.

Sean: Our iOS guy is needed for builds for each logged device, so its a Monday-Friday thing. I'm sure he'll be on it tomorrow morning.

Any updates for the 3GS folk?

Not yet I'm afraid, a few things have been prioritised ahead of it but I'll keep you up to date with it. We *have* put it a dynamic optimiser to lower the polygon count for older phones to try and improve performance and we are currently taking out dynamic lighting for those models too. So in that regard, yes... we're on the case, but we just havent built it out or tested it for the lower end iOS stuff yet. Sorry :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

Any word re ipad 1, hearing good things?

Still on the list, but its some list at the moment. We're working on Intro, Outro, Leaderboards (omg what trouble they turned out to be... :/) and performance. So iP* are in the latter. We've quite a load coming for UT3 which will be our last test before Release Candidate (which is what we test in the hope of releasing it!).

Still on the list, but its some list at the moment.
    Weekly poke... :pac:

Any chance of a beta/alapha?

• Advertisement

heheh, yes. we have complete rewritten the way we render the 3d scene in order to optimise performance... so this SHOULD support 3gs and ip4. What the performance will be like, I dunno but it should be playable.

Sorry this has taken so long but its really quite a challenge!

Its being compiled right as I type this so now we need to test inhouse (to make sure we dont havea false start with UT3) and then we will release. Just stepping into a meeting to discuss when that will be but it will be this week sometime.

Just stepping into a meeting to discuss when that will be but it will be this week sometime.
    Grand. Hoping to get it before I finish working for the week; this week is quite in work as nothing major has broken :P

Unfortunately, getting it to work on 3gs and ip4 is proving very hard. I dunno what we can do, we've rewritten the whole graphics system and its only passable on ip4, barely. We're giving up for the holidays and will come back to it in the new year.

User Test 3 (which has lots of new stuff, including those new graphics) may get pushed today if we can fix a very late showing bug :/

Poke :P

et-280_1225054a.jpg

Any luck with this? Also, what IOS is the minimum?

it should at least work on 3gs and ip4 and iPad 1.... I'm not sure how well it will work but let us know. I know the dynamic helicopter is a problem so we might have to take that out for those devices...

it should at least work on 3gs and ip4 and iPad 1.... I'm not sure how well it will work but let us know.
    One of these days I'll hopefully get an invite by email for the Beta, one of these days...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

One of these days I'll hopefully get an invite by email for the Beta, one of these days...

Latest news is we're def supporting 3GS and 4 but they need a lower performance version which will hopefully drop at the end of next week for final testing ;)

karlh wrote: »
    Latest news is we're def supporting 3GS and 4 but they need a lower performance version which will hopefully drop at the end of next week for final testing ;)
    Tumbleweed.gif

:P

Aye, it was to drop today but various personal issues have knocked our team sideways along with a few little technical hiccups. This game writing lark, not as easy as advertised. :/
    Thanks for your patience, we're keenly aware we've been promising 3gs and ipad people for a long long time now. I just hope when we deliver it actually works :/

• Advertisement

it was to drop today but various personal issues
    Murphys law: sh|t happens. Go walk the dog :P

Advertisement