Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Will they compress the files to under 500mb?I uploaded a file yesterday and it was 536mb and my connection went from 18mb to 2 :eek:

Use avidemux or handbrake to encode video with x264. Encode the audio to low bit rate mp3 or aac. Use mkv as the container.

Should allow you nearly half xvid file size in some scenarios.

Lower resolution allows lower bit rates which means smaller file. Decide if you want to upload 720p videos or SD ones

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

hehehe, I actually didnt use the flamethrower for that mission, opted for fire arrows & molotovs instead to keep myself hidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭klose

Picked it up for 40 quid on wednesday and cant stop playing it, how is it possible for a solo play be that brilliant!! Best game ive played in a long while.

Just did the mission where
    you have to burn the weed crops, its brilliant and the music is great that goes along with it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just finished it
    how comically evil would you have to be to kill your friends and side with citra. i watched that ending video on youtube and it's actually a fitting ending for the kind of **** that would do that. the "good" ending is pretty **** though.

loved hoyt, excellent character and voiced really really well. when he stabbed sam and shouted "do you think i'm an idiot" I burst out laughing, was absolutely fantastic.

overall very good game, far too much quick time bull**** and stupid drug enduced max payne-esque dream sequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Soby wrote: »

You all need your hourly fix :D:D

Never been an fan before but methinks I'm on the way to being converted. What a fantastic choice for a thouroghly enjoyable mission :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Just onto the second Island last night. I havn't been this sleep deprived in a long time!

What a game! the immersion is really surprising for such a large map! Love the characters, Vaas, Citra, Buck, and the Doctor - very well done!!!

These trippy halucinations are freekin awesome aswell!!!! Just did the battle against the big black thing in Citra's temple yesterday - wow!

There are a few things that bug me though;
    the big "I SEE YOUUUUU!!!" lasers on enemy snipers.
    I dont like the tagging either. It makes it way to easy. I'd rather not have it at all.

.... and that's a bout it.

Awesome, thoroughly enjoyable game! I feel really bad killing the tigers though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hey lads, quick question. I am currently doing the Buck missions but before that I was in the cave under the Docs house. There was the 'Eat Me' sign and I ate the berries. A flashback started but I had to head out so turned off the PS3. When I loaded up again, I couldn't click on the sign or food so I just went on my way doing missions.

Was that sign just to show you a flashback and did I miss anything?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You can do the 'Eat me' in the cave 3 times (iirc), and you get a few flashbacks in the club before the island. Gives a bit of backstory to how you got there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

How far am I in the main stroy?

I've just finished
    finding the knife for Buck then killing him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

How far am I in the main stroy?

I've just finished
    finding the knife for Buck then killing him

Not too far away I'm afraid, about another 3 hours worth or so I think.

I wish I had of left the story alone for a bit, I have no interest in going and upgrading and doing all the side missions now that I've completed the game.

Can anyone tell me how to unlock that class Signature Sniper I've seen in some vids?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Not too far away I'm afraid, about another 3 hours worth or so I think.

I wish I had of left the story alone for a bit, I have no interest in going and upgrading and doing all the side missions now that I've completed the game.

I did all outposts and towers soon as i hit the 2nd island, had a feeling there wasnt much left.
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how to unlock that class Signature Sniper I've seen in some vids?

Collect 20 relics, Z93 is perfect dont really need the special version.

I trying to get the lads in Gaztown and Compound by using various methods, none to seem to work. So the island remains unpurged :p

C4 on car and jump the fence doesnt work. C4 on handglider doesnt work. Sniping doenst work they dont spawn until your inside, throwing grenades over doesnt work.

Anyone any ideas? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Has anyone get the private co-op to work on PC? Four of us with different ISPs and routers have tried everything we can think of, opening ports, disabling windows firewall/ antivirus etc but none of us can join the host.

it doesnt help that the port list on uBisoft's website has changed twice

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I hate that the signature sniper isn't silenced. Silenced rifle is just cooler. Love the SMG and assault rifle though. Pistol is also pretty cool.

As much as i love the game, i'm getting a little bored with just doing the towers and base captures. Think i'll just finish the main quest tonight, and than mess around with the map editor for a while. Also, base jumping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Kiith wrote: »
    I hate that the signature sniper isn't silenced. Silenced rifle is just cooler. Love the SMG and assault rifle though. Pistol is also pretty cool.

As much as i love the game, i'm getting a little bored with just doing the towers and base captures. Think i'll just finish the main quest tonight, and than mess around with the map editor for a while. Also, base jumping.

the signature sniper is great from long range. Use it from a good distance away and it may aswell be silenced. Use your recurve bow for closer range silenced encounters. (nice bit of skill involved in mastering drop distance and arrow flight time)

Towers do kinda bore me aswell, there's a few too many of them and they're just time consuming.

That said, I like all the compounds and having to capture them, there are so many different ways of doing it. Silenced knife all the way around. snipe from a distance, go around and pistol or arrow to the head from close quarters, all guns blazing, set stuff on fire with flaming arrows, sneak around placing mines and C4 everywhere, then lure them over with stones, release the animal they have caged up, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Anyone got a solution for me. Appear to be getting late in the game and it keeps crashing on the loading screen after I
    kill Vaas in the dream sequence
    . Happened last night and it happened again just there. Anyone else experience this? On PC, latest NVidia drivers too.

Tried launching from the EXE rather than uplay?

2 exes i have to use the Dx11 to get it to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Tried launching from the EXE rather than uplay?

2 exes i have to use the Dx11 to get it to run.
    I tried loading iut up there and it seems to have saved just after that sequence. Might have fixed itself.
    It was stalling on the loading screen with nothing happening. then it would crash. Hope it has fixed itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Has anyone get the private co-op to work on PC? Four of us with different ISPs and routers have tried everything we can think of, opening ports, disabling windows firewall/ antivirus etc but none of us can join the host.

it doesnt help that the port list on uBisoft's website has changed twice

Can you do it via LAN and use Hamachi ? - assuming there is a LAN option.

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Can you do it via LAN and use Hamachi ? - assuming there is a LAN option.

tunngle reckons it works.

edit doesnt seem to be quite legal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Sake.

Have to wait till Christmas to play this as I'm a super broke student, I have been reading this thread and you are all making the wait so much tougher ;) Although I am pumped to play it, and in particular, I can't wait to play that bloody weed level. I get it, it's unreal. I'm also avoiding listening to that Skrillex song in order to enjoy it to the full.

2 more weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Sake.

Have to wait till Christmas to play this as I'm a super broke student, I have been reading this thread and you are all making the wait so much tougher ;) Although I am pumped to play it, and in particular, I can't wait to play that bloody weed level. I get it, it's unreal. I'm also avoiding listening to that Skrillex song in order to enjoy it to the full.

2 more weeks.
    I could swap with ya if you've any games I wanna play?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Sake.

2 more weeks.

Im itching to play this :eek:

Exactly how I feel about Far Cry 3 and Assassins Creed 3

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/383058/opinion-why-far-cry-3-is-the-best-game-of-2012/

I'm glad Ubi get to see now that people want to have fun in a game. AC 3 had a ton of stuff in it but it never felt fun for me. FC 3 is the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

anyone played the co op? whats it like?

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Not yet but want to.

Hear is about 6 hours long in total.

My Uplay (PC) account name is Stavanger121 if anyone wants to add me for so co-op action.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

is there any way to check how long i played the game for? on steam it tells you the playtime for all your games but I cant see anything like that on uplay

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Exactly how I feel about Far Cry 3 and Assassins Creed 3

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/383058/opinion-why-far-cry-3-is-the-best-game-of-2012/

I'm glad Ubi get to see now that people want to have fun in a game. AC 3 had a ton of stuff in it but it never felt fun for me. FC 3 is the opposite.

Yeah, its like the enemy tagging, seeing them thru walls gimmick etc. Is it realistic? No. Does it enable you to act like the ultimate predator and engineer really cool scenarios which maxmise the fun you're having, yes without doubt.

I can see why people would want options to at least turn these off if they want, but I think they are a crucial factor in why the game is the hit that it is.
    is there any way to check how long i played the game for? on steam it tells you the playtime for all your games but I cant see anything like that on uplay

Dont think so, only seems to show how long you've played in a single session once you quit the game. Another reason why I wish I got this on Steam.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Azza wrote: »
    Not yet but want to.

Hear is about 6 hours long in total.

My Uplay (PC) account name is Stavanger121 if anyone wants to add me for so co-op action.

Is it only two people for co op?

Advertisement