Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I just unlocked the Untouchable and Touch of Death syringes. Anybody used them yet? Just from reading the descriptions (invincibility or one shot kills) I can't help but feel it would be like cheating using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Gave this game a swing there last week. TBH I thought it was just more of the same old crap from we got from the last Farcry.

Pumped in a good 3hr session this morning, really grinded the herb and crafting and generally just went about discovering the Islands

If you would allow me to
    Miley wrote: »
    Well holy god

this game is quality!!!! Im only scratching the surface at the moment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think that by the time you get them (which i never did), you've pretty much done all there is to be done anyway, so it's more of a 'go a bit nuts' mode.

How do you get them btw? Guessing it's a ton of relics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Kiith wrote: »
    I think that by the time you get them (which i never did), you've pretty much done all there is to be done anyway, so it's more of a 'go a bit nuts' mode.

How do you get them btw? Guessing it's a ton of relics?

I've just started Bucks missions and have them already. Had to find 30 relics for Untouchable and 40 for Touch of Death. I have one camp left to clear on the north island so might just try them out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭KilOit

Was gonna pass this game up but seems to be something special by reading comments here.
    Anyone know the cheapest place to buy it?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

KilOit wrote: »
    Was gonna pass this game up but seems to be something special by reading comments here.
    Anyone know the cheapest place to buy it?

http://www.dlcompare.com/games/cd-key-download-far-cry-3-312

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Anyone got any tips for starting out? I got it at the weekend and am enjoying it so far. Have done 3 radio towers, and have explored a bit of the island. I haven't played a 1st person shooter in a while, I am enjoying stealthy take downs, but find it hard to clear a whole outpost this way, usually I can stealth kill 1 or 2 guys, then I get spotted.

Great game so far, thoroughly enjoying it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Only a week till I get to play it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,494 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thor, equip the sniper rifle that has a silencer that you can buy and equip. Do that asap. Then approach an enemy camp from a near by hill looking down over the camp. Get out the camera and tag as many enemies as you can. Now use the sniper to take out any enemy sniper guys in towers. Hold breath and headshot. As they are in towers, their bodies shouldnt be found. If you miss your shot, just let yourself get killed and you will restart out side the camp with no alert. You can shoot each alarm box but I find this nearly akways alerts someone. Now crouch and move towards the back of the camp, always a back entrance. Look for one alarm box and square to disable it. This will disable all alarms.

Now sneak around knifing people. If a certain guy is hard to approach, throw a rock behind a shed or something, make him investigate and take him out when hes on his own.

Try and unlock the following skills fast, drag enemy after takedown -hide them out of view. Takedown from above. Combo takedown. Move faster while crouching. Goodluck!!

I just got the last tower last night so gonna finish up the ladt of the story missions and take out the rest of the outposts on the 2nd island. What a game!!!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Thor, equip the sniper rifle that has a silencer that you can buy and equip. Do that asap. Then approach an enemy camp from a near by hill looking down over the camp. Get out the camera and tag as many enemies as you can. Now use the sniper to take out any enemy sniper guys in towers. Hold breath and headshot. As they are in towers, their bodies shouldnt be found. If you miss your shot, just let yourself get killed and you will restart out side the camp with no alert. You can shoot each alarm box but I find this nearly akways alerts someone. Now crouch and move towards the back of the camp, always a back entrance. Look for one alarm box and square to disable it. This will disable all alarms.

Now sneak around knifing people. If a certain guy is hard to approach, throw a rock behind a shed or something, make him investigate and take him out when hes on his own.

Try and unlock the following skills fast, drag enemy after takedown -hide them out of view. Takedown from above. Combo takedown. Move faster while crouching. Goodluck!!

I just got the last tower last night so gonna finish up the ladt of the story missions and take out the rest of the outposts on the 2nd island. What a game!!!

Extremely helpful post. There is just so much in the game that i didnt think of these things, silencer on the sniper rifle is a good one, throwing rocks!! i should be doing that more. I'll be a pro now ;)

I love the sense of fear that the game give you. Like, when you are walking along a road or in the forest and you hear the pirates driving around in the car, trying to hide. Anyone planted C4 on a road and wait for a car to drive by?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I use to do that all the time in fc2 was so much fun to do :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

thorbarry wrote: »
    I love the sense of fear that the game give you. Like, when you are walking along a road or in the forest and you hear the pirates driving around in the car, trying to hide. Anyone planted C4 on a road and wait for a car to drive by?

A mine on the road is even better. Not a bad one to leave one a bit down the road from an outpost where you know pirates are driving. Will get everyone in the outpost going "wtf!" which can be fun and while it puts them on alert it will distract them.

Anyway I finished the game last night and thoroughly enjoyed it spending 41 hours on it according to steam. There are areas that could be improved imo like too much cash around the place (I got all the letters and relics but gave up going after all the loot because I simply didn't need it). It was a pity though to
    complete the game and still go to thurston and see the privateers mistreating the inhabitants as if nothing had changed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

thorbarry wrote: »
    Anyone got any tips for starting out? I got it at the weekend and am enjoying it so far. Have done 3 radio towers, and have explored a bit of the island. I haven't played a 1st person shooter in a while, I am enjoying stealthy take downs, but find it hard to clear a whole outpost this way, usually I can stealth kill 1 or 2 guys, then I get spotted.

Great game so far, thoroughly enjoying it

Do some more story missions so you can get the skill that lets you drag the body away after a stealth kill. No more awkward alarms being raised.

Also throw rocks at tigers and komodo dragons to lead them towards an outpost. Clear the whole place out without setting foot inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Molotov cocktail into a house, then sit and wait.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

This is the best game of the year in my opinion.

Tip for the guy above...don't forget to shoot out the alarm panel when attacking a pirate camp. :cool:

But yeah, jumped out of my seat when I first got attacked by a croc and a shark. The storyline is cool and you can tell they really wanted to come back with a bang after FC2 and every last second of development time they put into this is on show. I had it on the PC mind so I can't draw conclusions for consoles....but on PC, it looked unbelievable. I've a good rig so everything was on Ultra...looked fantastic.

Jet ski's, gliders, Hawaiian music, pirates, tropical island, sexy native girls after your mojo...this game has it all. Game of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Or check to see if there is a caged predator in the outpost that you can free.

One outpost I came across had a bear caged up. After tagging all of the guards, I shot the cage and released the bear, then sat back as the bullet-sponge bear killed them all. After the brief 'raising the blue flag' scene, I took out the bear easily and skinned him.

Awesome game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭KilOit

Sunk about 2 hours into this yesterday.

Game is fantastic! sorta reminds me of 2 games i love, going back years! Project IGI and Delta Force.

I loved project IGI

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Just got onto the south island now. The new tougher enemies and plethora of new heavy hitting weapons is wonderful. I was flagging slightly but this has pulled me back in again.

Am i right in thinking
    that once Ive unlocked the south island and am wearing the privateer outfit I have a wingsuit fitted now. Can I base jump off something without dieing?... and if so, where is good!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Agricola wrote: »
    Just got onto the south island now. The new tougher enemies and plethora of new heavy hitting weapons is wonderful. I was flagging slightly but this has pulled me back in again.

Am i right in thinking
    that once Ive unlocked the south island and am wearing the privateer outfit I have a wingsuit fitted now. Can I base jump off something without dieing?... and if so, where is good!

Anywhere i jumped of cars ffs :D

Some maps made in the editor.

http://kotaku.com/5969506/nuketown-wake-island-dedust2-and-other-awesome-maps-recreated-in-far-cry-3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I loved project IGI

Delta Force on the other hand.... *shudder*

Well the 2nd one was a complete pile of poo anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

If I get the PC version box can I add it as a Steam game or will I need this uPlay thing instead, or both?
    From reading here Steam seems the better option?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

BopNiblets wrote: »
    If I get the PC version box can I add it as a Steam game or will I need this uPlay thing instead, or both?
    From reading here Steam seems the better option?

Steam launches uplay so unavoidable I'm afraid.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Just when I think I can't love this game anymore than I already do.

There I was was just minding my own business, slaughtering pirates from the mounted gun of a boat then one of my AI allies hops in and starts driving me even closer to the action :D

mewso wrote: »
    A mine on the road is even better. Not a bad one to leave one a bit down the road from an outpost where you know pirates are driving. Will get everyone in the outpost going "wtf!" which can be fun and while it puts them on alert it will distract them.

Anyway I finished the game last night and thoroughly enjoyed it spending 41 hours on it according to steam. There are areas that could be improved imo like too much cash around the place (I got all the letters and relics but gave up going after all the loot because I simply didn't need it). It was a pity though to
    complete the game and still go to thurston and see the privateers mistreating the inhabitants as if nothing had changed

That is awesome...............roll on Monday :D

Thanks for the tips guys. As sheehy83 said, I got the sniper rifle after doing a few more radio towers. Equiped the silencer and ability to zoom more. Using it I was able to capture my first outpost without being spotted. Got the guy in the tower, and another guy with the sniper, and took down a few other guys close range :D

This game is great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

game are selling far cry 3 for 22.49 pound far cry 3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I didn't craft/use or upgrade any Syringes except the health one, there was no need at all in the game.

Also didn't need half the unlocks/skills either.

Still enjoyed the game thoroughly though, apart from the ending.

Far Cry Experience is brilliant too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Loving this game. Low on health being chased by an alligator.
    It chases me into a group of pirates, I panic and instead of shooting, pull out the repair tool and set a tree on fire. Fire kills the alligator and the pirates and I have to sprint to stay ahead of it. :D

After it went out I made a nice bit of cash from looting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,494 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone else find the Hollywood star? It's
    McLovin
    !!!

Keep an eye out for a head buried in the sand.

Advertisement