Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Upcoming Shows

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Damon Blake

Oh that sounds interesting, I love Accents, very nice place. So are you guys doing Harold's and the like? I'm away this weekend but wouldn't mind seeing the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭steve_r

Oh that sounds interesting, I love Accents, very nice place. So are you guys doing Harold's and the like? I'm away this weekend but wouldn't mind seeing the next one.

We don't do Harold's but we do a somewhat similar long-form format called "The Monologist" where the audience provides a suggestions, which inspires a monologue, and the monologue inspires the scenes.

Pity you can't make it, but we'll hopefully be doing annother show soon enough.

Thanks for the support! :)

Oh like ASSSSSSCAT, awesome. Best of luck with the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 shangralia

Tommy Tiernan will be coming to Gorey Comedy Club in The Ashdown Park Hotel Gorey on Sept 16th....tickets are on sale now, and for more details please see http://www.comedyclubs.ie

Tommy_2012.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I'm taking part in the recording of a new internet stand-up show tomorrow (Wed 15th) at the Capital Comedy Club in the Ha'Penny Inn.

It's for aertv.ie - loads of great comedians on.

Doors at 9. Show starts at 9.30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭antoanto

So close!... Just a few hours to go!... Count down starts now!!.... Comedy Thur Aug 16th 9.30pm Paul Crowley,Adam Burke,Tiny James, Marcus Olaoire, Therese Sandin, Will Lynch, Laura Flynn, Cieran McMahon +loads BattleoftheAxe HaPenny Temple Bar

www.battleoftheaxe.com

only €5 when you mention boards.ie at the door!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 tiernan

:)Tonight, Tuesday 28 August, at 8pm. Six rising stars of comedy circuit and surprise guests. Every fortnight. €5. Students €3. Cheap beer. Sea view.
    Wicked Wolf, 2 Main Street, Blackrock, Co Dublin. Upstairs.:pac:

:DSept Thur 6th 9.30pm-A host of GOLDEN DAFS!BattleoftheAxe COMEDY - Hickey,Brennan,Meehan,Walsh,Po​rter,Moore,O' Connor ++HaPennyInnTemple Bar

www.battleoftheaxe.com
    only €5 when you mention boards .ie at the door

Hi Folks,

Our improv group "A Pile of Rocks" has another show this Sunday in Accents Cafe on Stephen's Street. Details the same as my earlier post on the thread - didn't want to be spamming by repeating myself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 buster69

Hi All,
    Myself and a few friends are performing at the Workman's club on the 16th of October. Headline slot from Fr Damo himself Mr Joe Rooney. Support acts include Harry Smith, Therese Cahill and Gary Woods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭whelanslive

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Whelanslive & Lisa Richards present

DOD_2012.jpg

DAVID O'DOHERTY
    + special guest
    TONY LAW
    Dec 12,13,14,15 &16 (+ All ages matinee show Saturday 15th December)
    Whelan's Of Wexford St
    Doors 8pm (Matinee 3pm)
    Tickets €16.50 including booking fee available to buy online from www.wavtickets.ie or call the WAV Box Office [Lo-call 1890 200 078. Matinee tickets priced €13.50 including booking fee. [/FONT]

Buy_now_button_master2.png

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Seize The David O’Doherty (Carpe D.O'Diem)

Life is a marathon, not a sprint. But it’s a sort of marathon that you have to sprint. And there are hurdles and weights to lift . And cycling and archery. Life is basically The Olympics, but at the end you don’t get a medal, you die.

It got a bit bleak there, last winter. Oh you know, things happen and you get stuck in a bit of a hole. So this is a show about trying to cheer yourself up. To figure out the things that make you smile and laugh, and now everything is grand.

It has songs and talking and bicycle repair, and some actual sex tips from an actual book.

RECENT BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION

David O’Doherty was the recipient of the 2008 Edinburgh Comedy Award (formerly The Perrier Award) at The Edinburgh Fringe. His latest book, 100 Facts About Sharks, co-written with Claudia O’Doherty and Mike Ahern was recently published by Random House, and a new album We Are Not The Champions was released in May. In February 2012 he became the first Irish comedian to record a Comedy Central TV Special in America. He regularly appears on TV shows such as QI, Nevermind The Buzzcocks and Have I Got News For You. [/FONT]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

An Improv Show with a difference....

Cause & Effect

Running for 2 nights on 5th/6th October in the Mill Theatre Studio, Dundrum, this evening of improvised theatre and comedy brings something new to the Irish scene.

The first half of the show is entitled "Me & You", starring Neil Curran and a random stranger plucked from the audience!

The second half of the show is where a Trio of Improvisers, Órla McGovern, Erin Hug and Neil Curran present "Secrets & Lies". Where the audience tells us the secrets and confessions, and the improvisers use this to inspires scenes, stories and characters on stage through a blend of improv and music!

For tickets:
    http://www.milltheatre.ie/shows/cause-and-effect

Cause.jpg

I'm doing a spot tonight at the International.

Karl Spain, Michael Mee and Christ Kent are the real acts on - so come along for them anyways cause they're brilliant.

Doors at 8.30 - show starts at 9.15

I'm on in the Pav in Trinity College tonight at 7.30pm.

I'm also on at Rebel's Comedy Club in Cork on Friday at 9.30pm.

There's money involved to get into both. 2 euro tonight and 5 euro on Friday I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭whelanslive

Whelanslive proudly present a live podcast recording with the hilarious

Proops.jpg

GREG PROOPS (live recording of his critically acclaimed 'Smartest Man In The World' podcast)
    Thursday 29th November
    Upstairs At Whelan's
    Doors 8pm

Tickets €14 including booking fee available to buy online at www.wavtickets.ie or call the WAV Box Office [Lo-call 1890 200 078]

Buy_now_button_master2.png

Greg Proops is The Smartest Man In The World

It’s just Proops and you. There’s no fanfare. Proops takes center stage at a small table and chair setup with a single microphone. Then he’s off. An hour of great conversation that flies by at break-neck speed where Greg crams the feeling of a great two-way conversation into the lecture-style format of a one-way conversation. Quite the feat!

Part professorial, part crazed comedian, Proops forms the show around his talent and passions. The show flows like a love letter to tangents. The Proopcast has been to Australia, New Zealand, Montreal, London, Edinburgh, Austin, Cleveland, San Francisco and off the coast of St. Martin in the Caribbean all in one year and last June he was in Whelan's, Dublin. Now you must fall. Again!

Greg Proops is a very, very funny man. The star of Whose Line Is It Anyway, Mock the Week and The Bigger Picture with Graham Norton arrives in Dublin for a live podcast recording on Thursday November 29th. Greg is widely regarded as a master comic who's performed improv, sketch and stand-up with the very best of them.

I went to the last one and it was a fantastic show, very excited to see this.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Friday March 22nd in The Stables Bar, Mullingar. The Real Comedy Central take over with:

Headliner Neil Hickey (Bulmers Nothing But Funny Comedy Competition.)
    FJ Murray (Savage Eye & Tedfest winner.)
    Brian James Moss (Midlands Radio 2 & Dublin City FM.)
    Donal Vaughan (Capital Comedy Club Competition finalist.)
    MC Gary Lynch (The good, the bad and the Irish.)

Show 9.00 pm. Admission 5 euro/Student 3 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Wednesday April 10th at The Twisted Pepper, Abbey St. Dublin,
    The Blah Blah podcast will do a one off special recording.
    Shane Hughes (Battle of The Axe winner.)
    Aideen McQueen (Show me the funny finalist 2013.)
    Al Porter (Capital Club Comedy Competition 2012.) and Jonathan Sheehan (Show me the funny finalist 2012) will bounce off questions from the audience to create a unique experience which you can download after the show.

Start time 9.00 pm. Admission 5 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 shangralia

We're delighted to announce that our friend, Jon Kenny returns on Apr 19th
    Yes Jon Kenny is coming to town for what will be a great night of comedy.
    Gorey Comedy Club. April 19th. Tickets €20.00.
    Jon_Gorey_Poster.jpg

Hi Folks,

I'd like to invite you to the debut show of our new improv comedy group "A Suggestive Biscuit" which is on Friday 6:30pm April 19th @ Brewbakers Cafe Sth Frederick St.

Full details below, along with the (re-sized) poster!

Thanks

Stephen

Date: Friday, 19 April 2013.
    Time: Doors open at 18.00 and show begins at 18.30

Admission: €5

Address:
    Brewbaker's Cafe, 22 South Frederick Street, Dublin, Ireland (around the corner from Reads of Nassau St.)
    Facebook event link:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/170078533146648/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

7kzf4J.jpg

Coastbusters Comedy Improv

Date: Thu 25 April 2013
    Time: 8.30pm
    Price: €8
    Venue: McGrattan's Cafe Bar, Dublin

‘The best reason to stay on the island’

Tired of the same old stuff in the news?
    Nothing on TV?
    Rubbish on in the cinema?

Try something new!

Get yourself to Coastbusters Comedy Improv!
    A unique blend of improvised comedy and song completely audience driven!

We will solve your problems
    We will tend to your woes
    We will tickle your fancy

My show “Neil+1” Comedy Improv takes place on Sunday 7th July at 5pm in Smock Alley Black Box Theatre as part of the “10 Days In Dublin” festival.

It’s a unique improv comedy show featuring myself and a random stranger. Completely unscripted, a random member of the audience is selected to come on stage, and that person becomes the “+1″ in the show. He/she is free to say and do what they wish, and it’s up to me to make it entertaining for the audience!

I have been performing comedy improv for many years both in Ireland and abroad. Aside from ‘Neil+1′, I have has also performed improv with No Drama Theatre; Laughalot Improv; Duty Free and most recently, Coastbusters Comedy Improv. I have taken shows to the Body & Soul Festival; TedFest and Impro Fest UK to name but a few.

10 Days in Dublin is a multidisciplinary, open-format, arts festival. This means that the festival includes all types of art or performance: music, comedy, theatre, film, painting, sculpture, and more.

www.10daysindublin.com
    www.lowerthetone.com

88BfNP.jpg

A few of us are planning to go to this! Some great improv on over the 10 days!

Glass House Stone Throwers is an hour long stand up show I'm doing with another Dublin comedian Colm Tyrrell.

It's running in Doyle's on College St. July 4th-6th at 8pm as part of 10 Days in Dublin - www.10daysindublin.com

1002080_489566504455787_1737250505_n.jpg

BattleoftheAxe.com Comedy Club
    Ha’ Penny Bridge Inn, Wellington Quay, Temple Bar, Dublin 2
    t: 086 815 6987 , e: w: www.battleoftheaxe.com
    SUMMER SUN OF 2013 & AUTUMN CHESTNUTS Adm 7e Students 5e

SUMMER SUN 2013 LINE-UPS Thursday Oct 3rd Jack Kincade + supports Tuesday Oct 1st Mark Doheny MC
    Thurs Sept 26th THE BATTLE OF THE AXE BIRTHDAY Est 1996
    Tue Sept 24th Colm McGlinchey MC Thurs Sept 19th Kevin Goldsmith MC + Supports
    Tue Sept 19th Colm O’ Regan MC Thurs Sept 12th George Fox MC Tue Sept 10th Gerry McBride MC
    Thurs Sept 5th Alison Spittle Tue Sept 3rd Marcus Olaoire MC Thurs Aug 29th The Ha’ Penny Laugh
    Tue Aug 27th Gary Jones MC Thurs Aug 22nd Manchester Guest Visitor Tue Aug 20th Manchester Guest Visitor as MC Thurs Aug 15th Manchester Guest Visitor Tues Aug 13th Manchester Guest Visitor MC
    Thurs Aug 8th The Ha’ Penny Laugh 18th Birthday Tue Aug 6th Ruairi Campbell MC Thurs Aug 1st Ronan Grace MC
    Tue July 30th Eleanor Tiernan MC Thurs July 25th Keith Farnan Ed Preview Darren Maher MC
    Tue July 23rd Trevor Browne MC Thurs July 18th Mondo Bizzaro Edinbugh Preview Tue July 16th Alison Spittle MC
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/battleoftheaxe
    Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/battleoftheaxedublin
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/BattleoftheAxe1

A Suggestive Biscuit are performing this Thursday at 8:30pm in Fixx Café on Dawson Street! Admission €5.

We’ll also be performing as part of a fundraiser for Pieta House the following Thursday (25th) in Dicey’s on Harcourt Street at 8pm. That show will be a variety show for a very worthy cause.

Facebook events are below for people looking for more info:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/178498738993170/?ref=2

https://www.facebook.com/events/353641728097881/?ref=2

We’re also on twitter @suggstivebisc

Thanks
    j4o8nboxf

I'm in the comedy tent at Indiependence Festival on Saturday 3rd August. - http://www.indiependencefestival.com/ -

It's a great lineup of alternative comedy and the music isn't too bad either.

Hi folks,

Our improv Group are doing another show next Friday (details in my sig below and the attached poster.)

Free tickets to the first 5 baordsies to PM me with their favorite biscuit!

30th_August.jpg

Short week & COMEDY TONIGHT Thursday Mar 20th 9.30PM. Students or mention Boards.ie for only 5e @door BattleoftheAxe [ongoing since 1996!] @ The Ha' Penny Bridge Inn, Temple Bar. www.battleoftheaxe.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ThatOneGuy

Hey Guys I'm starting a new webs series called Learning Curve. We are currently crowed funding this project venture and need help with it.
    A little about us We have been doing improve for about 4-5 yrs and are still studying at Second City in Chicago for the past 3, we have done couple of stand up shows and improve shows on our own as well as with Second City. If you guys could help us with our crowd funding that would be Awesome!

indiegogo Dot Com /projects/learning-curve#home Please give us look let us know what you think good bad all comments all welcome!

Have any questions contact us we love to chat or show you some of our stuff!

Advertisement