Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Around 9 id say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

9 would be my guess aswel!

I certainly wouldnt love to show up any later than that..

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

They've been on stage around quarter to 9 at most of their shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Just watching their performance at The Roundhouse, some very flat vocals from Matt on Animals, seems like they've been slipping a bit performance-wise?

They seem to like Ireland, should an energetic show, although the recent setlists seem to be pretty wishy-washy bar a few uncommon tracks.

Actually, pretty damn messy in parts, especially Time Is Running Out. Wondering if they're starting to get burned out from live shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Holy fûck. That **** was immense. It was definitely the one I enjoyed the most!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

That gig was amazing.

Was up at the right barrier, Friend shook hands with Matt and Chris threw some plecs my way but they landed on the floor on front of me and my friends and a security guard took them and gave them to people over at the middle barrier... Wanker.

Still, was worth it. ****ing amazing gig.

despiute not being a huge fan of the new album, I really enjoyed the gig! was great fun, stil hold the accolade of best live band I have ever seen! Was very wet and sweaty after it!

Was pretty disapointed with the crowd thou... Muse played Sunburn tonight and I felt like I was the only one going fecking mental!

Then they played HOST!!!!!! Again, everybody around was stood in silence..
    What really sickened my was when they stopped playing host half way through and cut into TiRO and then the place went mental.. I was not impressed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I liked that the crowd wasn't too active tbh. I got to enjoy epic songs without being battered and bruised and at the barrier too! That being said, the crowd was active enough around me, and I heard about a friend who was surrounded by pits and a crazy active crowd.

They've not played Host in entirety at all, they always change into TiRO.

Went mad when they played Sunburn myself though, was surprised that they played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just checked the setlist and one song from each of Origin and Showbiz is disappointing to see.

I'm sure the live experience was still good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

hypermuse wrote: »
    Was pretty disapointed with the crowd thou... Muse played Sunburn tonight and I felt like I was the only one going fecking mental!

Then they played HOST!!!!!! Again, everybody around was stood in silence..
    What really sickened my was when they stopped playing host half way through and cut into TiRO and then the place went mental.. I was not impressed...

My thoughts exactly. Was obvious a lot of people didn't really know the old stuff.

I enjoyed the gig a lot but it was a poor setlist in comparison to what it could have been. They're going to play all their newest stuff at gigs now though, you have to settle for that. Think the only way we're ever going to see the old muse again is by watching hullabaloo on dvd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Excellent gig....my first Muse show and by Jesus I am well impressed. Can't praise it enough. sweated like crazy and I'm hoarse, always a good sign after a gig. Would definitely go to see them again

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭beatrice33

Also my first Muse gig and I have to say it was mindblowing. I didnt think much of the last album, but after seeing them perfome live, I think they are all amazing. Awesome.

I also thoguht strange that people didnt dance to some of the oldest stuff.

Well this is the 2nd Law tour so they are obviously going to play the majority from that album.

But they'll be hear next year at Oxegen or Marlay. The 2nd law tour will be over by then so I hope its more of a Muse tour than another 2nd law tour. thus play some old school hits!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Well this is the 2nd Law tour so they are obviously going to play the majority from that album.

But they'll be hear next year at Oxegen or Marlay. The 2nd law tour will be over by then so I hope its more of a Muse tour than another 2nd law tour. thus play some old school hits!

*cough*Aviva*cough*

Dom mentioned something about playing there next year after Survival

Garseys wrote: »
    *cough*Aviva*cough*

really? 1st I've hear of this.. Sounds great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Garzorico

couldnt afford to go last night....sickening...damn austerity measure in my gaff. I saw them in the point and Marley park a few yrs back.....best live band in the world, they put on great shows. Next time I hope to see them. the O2 is a great venue too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Absolutely fantastic gig. Loved it.

And the best part? :D

Off to see them again in Hamburg in 5 weeks time because of the lateness of announcing this show. Absolutely buzzing for it now!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭iMac Hunt

*cough*Aviva*cough*

Thought he did say something about the Aviva, didn't hear the rest of what he said though! Great gig but not as good as when I saw them years ago at Witnness, will never forget the thunder and lightening and being up at the front in the moshpit. It was so tightly packed that when the crowd jumped you jumped too! Gutted they didn't play Newborn last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

iMac Hunt wrote: »
    Thought he did say something about the Aviva, didn't hear the rest of what he said though! Great gig but not as good as when I saw them years ago at Witnness, will never forget the thunder and lightening and being up at the front in the moshpit. It was so tightly packed that when the crowd jumped you jumped too! Gutted they didn't play Newborn last night.

Yeah it was something along the lines of

"Thank you Dublin, you guys are awesome, we'll be back next year playing the good old aviva, Cheers"

Yeah it was something along the lines of

"Thank you Dublin, you guys are awesome, we'll be back next year playing the good old aviva, Cheers"

Really?? All I heard was see you next year. I prefer your version!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

iMac Hunt wrote: »
    Gutted they didn't play Newborn last night.

Same here, at least we got Hysteria. The amount of people using the new songs for piss and beer breaks was bad. Then Plug in Baby came on and the place went fúckin crazy.:D

Liquid State really blew me away. You could see Dom really enjoys playing that one. The 1st half of Cydonia sounded really really poor I thought but then it all came back with a bang for the Iron Maiden bit.

I thought Animals was the weakest song of the night.

Same here, at least we got Hysteria. The amount of people using the new songs for piss and beer breaks was bad. Then Plug in Baby came on and the place went fúckin crazy.:D

Liquid State really blew me away. You could see Dom really enjoys playing that one. The 1st half of Cydonia sounded really really poor I thought but then it all came back with a bang for the Iron Maiden bit.

I thought Animals was the weakest song of the night.

yea I really hoped we would get newborn as well but knew we wouldn't as they only just played it at their last gig in Manchester.

I love animals but its not exactly a rocking live song is it?

yea I really hoped we would get newborn as well but knew we wouldn't as they only just played it at their last gig in Manchester.

I love animals but its not exactly a rocking live song is it?

The end of the song was great I think. And we got Sunburn, I hadn't seen that live yet! Roll on next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Yep, Animals doesn't really get the party going.:p Epic solo though!

Anyway, whats everyones favourite song from the night? Mine was Uprising. Never really thought it was great live but that was immense last night!

Yep, Animals doesn't really get the party going.:p Epic solo though!

Anyway, whats everyones favourite song from the night? Mine was Uprising. Never really thought it was great live but that was immense last night!

I was really surprised with how good Follow Me & Survival were. Favourite was PiB though...

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭bluugirl

My first muse gig! It was amazing! my favourites were plug in baby and hysteria :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭budgemook

Didn't really enjoy it unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Getronicle

budgemook wrote: »
    Didn't really enjoy it unfortunately

I kinda agree. I could see that Muse themselves were amazing, light show was their best ever but the crowd destroyed it for me. Couldn't enjoy it at all. Thought the obsessive 16 year old Muse fans had gone away!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

The crowd weren't as crazy as I would have liked but it was still a good gig nonetheless! Bit dissapointed with the lights and stuff, they're a lot better in outdoor venues IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Devia wrote: »
    Think the only way we're ever going to see the old muse again is by watching hullabaloo on dvd.

I still stick that on regularly, it's epic. That's when Muse peaked imo.

Advertisement