Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Muse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Jesus Christ, just found this.

Anyone here ever get to hear this version of Assassin live in 2005 before they changed it and if there is a soundboard version?

yea I had some form of copy of it on my old mp3 player back in the day, wasnt that cut there but similar obviously. Think I musta gotten it from microcuts.net back in the day when it was up and running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Jesus Christ, just found this.

Anyone here ever get to hear this version of Assassin live in 2005 before they changed it and if there is a soundboard version?

Look up the Grand Omega Bosses edit. Although this one has the MOTP drums and that sounds that bit rawer. I thought the studio version was a bit too polished up myself.
    Devia wrote: »
    Hard to believe I was obsessed with this band 10 years ago. The new ablum is cringeworthy... I honestly can't even listen to it right through.
    To be fair, 10 years ago they actually knew how to write a decent track without absolutely slaughtering it with conspiracy theories, overblown strings, and some godawful lyrics...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Muse play Falling down tonight in France, Showbiz lives! Also played Unsustainable, liquid state and explorers for the first time (I think)

iMuse wrote: »
    Muse play Falling down tonight in France, Showbiz lives! Also played Unsustainable, liquid state and explorers for the first time (I think)

Falling down!! Wow!! Would love to hear that.. Such a random track to pick from showbiz, A plesant surprise if you were there!

Just checked out the playlist myself there..

Liquid state instead of Save me.... Jackpot!!!

I know I'll regret it but I'm getting my hopes up fot the O2 now!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Hopefully the rotate the Showbiz songs. What I would give to hear Showbiz (the song) live.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

hypermuse wrote: »
    Just checked out the playlist myself there..

Liquid state instead of Save me.... Jackpot!!!

I know I'll regret it but I'm getting my hopes up fot the O2 now!! :D

Just seen from that link that its the first time since 00 they have played falling down. There should be atleast 1 song from showbiz at each gig. Hope they play Showbiz or Sunburn at the O2 :)

I'd be delighted to hear Falling down, never heard it live before.

Heard all the other major tracks like sunburn, showbiz, MM, uninteneded!

Never got to hear the Piano version of Cave thou.. would love to hear that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

OK, I can live with that. I was getting worried looking at the recent last 2 biggish gigs.

This sounds pretty epic to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Did Matt do the vocals in that? I couldn't hear them :S

I dont think he did.

That's unfortunate. Hope he's not dropping the vocals out of it for the live shows. Rest of the song was awesome though.

Interstesting opening act.. Bit different I suppose!! Will prob work well live, will find out soon I guess! Opening and closing tracks tend to rarely change over a tour.

Had a quick look on YT. He's walking around the stage singing into a mic for a few songs. UD, Newborn intro(did he stop playing the keyboard on the intro before this?) and one of the new songs:p. Looked weird.

Must have stopped recently, he played the intro at the itunes festival!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eim641

So so disappointed was supposed to be going and have just realised I have to work that weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Wing126 wrote: »
    Must have stopped recently, he played the intro at the itunes festival!
    Had a quick look on YT. He's walking around the stage singing into a mic for a few songs. UD, Newborn intro(did he stop playing the keyboard on the intro before this?) and one of the new songs:p. Looked weird.

He stopped doing the piano intro on the resistance tour, then did it for the pre-tour gigs and then stopped again.

Love this
    The stage becomes a roulette wheel to pick between new born and stockholm syndrome

and the even bigger thing than playing falling down was playing part of host.
    I'd say the showbiz rotation could be Sunburn/Falling Down/Cave (anything that has been played on piano in the last 2 years)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Garseys wrote: »
    Love this
    The stage becomes a roulette wheel to pick between new born and stockholm syndrome
    That is an awesome idea!

Garseys wrote: »
    He stopped doing the piano intro on the resistance tour, then did it for the pre-tour gigs and then stopped again.

Love this

and the even bigger thing than playing falling down was playing part of host.
    I'd say the showbiz rotation could be Sunburn/Falling Down/Cave (anything that has been played on piano in the last 2 years)

Yeah, a friend told me about that, didn't know about that cause the only time I've seen them live was at Oxegen and they didn't play it at all.

Any videos of that spoiler?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Wing126 wrote: »
    Yeah, a friend told me about that, didn't know about that cause the only time I've seen them live was at Oxegen and they didn't play it at all.

Any videos of that spoiler?

at 3.17
    it looks as if the band actually don't know which song it is, reminds me of the dealers choice on the 2005 american tour (the winner of the previous nights poker got to pick the encore song the next night)

That is class!!! I hope they have that at the O2!

Looks deadly.. Begs the question thou... NB or SS??

I'd have to pick New Born. SS, while epic, is just the weaker of the two songs. I dont say that lightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Have to say Id prefer New Born, live it is incredibly epic! I wouldn't be disappointed with SS though, its a great song too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I actually think Save Me is one of the best tracks on the album.

Anyway, I've listened to it a good few times, but I really don't think it's all that great. There's nothing on it that makes me want to go back to it.

New Born every time.

My favourite track on the new album is Liquid State. It's probably the only track that doesn't have "Pop" elements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Did anyone think both of Chris' tracks were reminiscent of Porcupine Tree? Save Me in particular but Liquid State has a chorus that wouldn't be too out of place on an album like Fear of a Blank Planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just been looking over the setlists from the recent gigs and they really are very dull and uninspiring, apart from Falling Down.

It's been that way for a few years though I guess.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Just been looking over the setlists from the recent gigs and they really are very dull and uninspiring, apart from Falling Down.

It's been that way for a few years though I guess.

Yep, this is like a greatest hits tour plus most of the new album minus the 1st. Would it be fair to say that most of the folk going to concerts are actual fans of the band and not the folk that put the radio friendly hits into the charts....or am I talking complete bóllocks!:p

Advertisement