Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,149 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

hypermuse wrote: »
    They will probably play Marley Park again if they are not doing a world tour at the time I'd imagine.

I'm saving my pennies to go over and see them at Wembley Stadium again next year (assuming they announce Wembley dates of course).

I think theyll play Olympic Stadium instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Mushy wrote: »

Not a hope. It's not set up for a concert at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

iMuse wrote: »

That was hilarious. Matt went a little off the rails during TiRO and Starlight. Forgot that he had to sing the start of the song and forgot the lyrics to TIRO, & got audience members to sing parts of Starlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Dunno.. Either way will prob go over! Love a nice stadium gig!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

SantryRed wrote: »

Yeah, the sound wasn't up to much at all for the music at the Olympics.

SantryRed wrote: »

An in-the-round setup, stage set up like a ufo, revolving drum riser, various mic points....all the elements of a muse gig right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

An in-the-round setup, stage set up like a ufo, revolving drum riser, various mic points....all the elements of a muse gig right there.

What about acoustics? That stadium was designed for sports, not music. All those elements can be applied anywhere, doesn't change the acoustic suitability as the Olympics showed.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Getronicle

Chris is playing some football tomorrow in Ballybrack, here's his tweet if anyone's interested... https://twitter.com/CTWolstenholme/status/264065055681810432

flyswatter wrote: »
    What about acoustics? That stadium was designed for sports, not music. All those elements can be applied anywhere, doesn't change the acoustic suitability as the Olympics showed.

How good is any major stadium for acoustics? Wembley would just be boring by now.

• Advertisement

So... anyone else heading up to the gig on Saturday?

Getronicle wrote: »
    Chris is playing some football tomorrow in Ballybrack, here's his tweet if anyone's interested... https://twitter.com/CTWolstenholme/status/264065055681810432

Someone go and tell him to play more OoS and Showbiz on saturday please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭emo72

got some tickets for the o2 club before the concert. does anyone know if that place has age restrictions? i will be bringing my teenage bin lids.

miralize wrote: »
    So... anyone else heading up to the gig on Saturday?

Defo!

emo72 wrote: »
    got some tickets for the o2 club before the concert. does anyone know if that place has age restrictions? i will be bringing my teenage bin lids.

I'd imagine it would be along the lines of over 16's only unless accompanied by an adult.. Just look it up or give a ring if your very concerned bout it.

Getronicle wrote: »

he better not break his wrist again! I will disprove! Can break it after Sat night if he likes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭budgemook

Looking forward to gig now. Don't mind the album anymore really. About as good as resistance. 11th time to see them but girlfriends first so fairly excited for her.

budgemook wrote: »
    Looking forward to gig now. Don't mind the album anymore really. About as good as resistance. 11th time to see them but girlfriends first so fairly excited for her.

I brought my ex gf to a Muse gig once, Didn't get to enjoy it half as much as I normally would! Got a bit too rough for her so had to go to the back of the crowd.. I couldnt go mental moshing like I usually do!

Just saying... :D

Was still a great gig thou.. Remember it well.. Opened with MotP and they played dead star and space dementia!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I'll be there.....with the wife:p. She should be ok with the new stuff it being all radio friendly. Still cant stand 80% of it. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

iMuse wrote: »
    Someone go and tell him to play more OoS and Showbiz on saturday please :D

While they're at it, tell him to play Dead Star :P

Feck that... Tell him to turn Osaka Jam into a song!

• Advertisement

I brought my ex gf to a Muse gig once, Didn't get to enjoy it half as much as I normally would! Got a bit too rough for her so had to go to the back of the crowd.. I couldnt go mental moshing like I usually do!

Just saying... :D

Was still a great gig thou.. Remember it well.. Opened with MotP and they played dead star and space dementia!
    I'm gone a bit auld for the moshing tbh! Was at korn earlier in the year and I couldn't help myself. Fooking owned the mosh pit. Wasn't able to stand up straight for about a week!

One more day of work, then off for a week. Starting it with muse, its gonna be awesome. I think the new songs will sound epic live, even though they arent the greatest on cd.

have to say that the new album has grown on me but the 2nd half of the album imo is very weak.

Either way, its Muse, they always put on a great live performance!

I just wish they'd bring this back

have to say that the new album has grown on me but the 2nd half of the album imo is very weak.

Either way, its Muse, they always put on a great live performance!

For me it's a 9 song EP with a few bonus tracks at the end.

It's not tooo bad but not great. 2 not great albums in a row is a shame. Hard to come back from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭recyclops

Muse are playing a charity match at my local football club tonight around 7.30 in Ballybrack boys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Full band or just Chris? I know Chris said he'd be there but he didn't mention the rest!

http://f0110w.me/

Wing126 wrote: »
    Full band or just Chris? I know Chris said he'd be there but he didn't mention the rest!

http://f0110w.me/

Just Chris. Anyone know what time Everything Everything will be on stage?

Don't forget your tickets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Anyone any idea what time muse will take the stage? I'll be late.

Advertisement