Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter/Spring 2013 (Model Output Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Looking at last forecast see how mild was this times year.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS_PwT3g5uU&feature=plcp

Think looks more up this winter for sure.

There was Big low pressure for second week of November in 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDBvIvyX38k&feature=plcp

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Ya know the winter season has started when I buy the netweather extra subscription

Bring on the red blotches right over my house ! :D

The site doesn't zoom in as far as Rain today, does Rain today provide a service to see snow showers?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Pangea wrote: »
    The site doesn't zoom in as far as Rain today, does Rain today provide a service to see snow showers?

I think it does but I haven't ever signed up to their premium account

They want a paypal account which I don't have and I just can't be bothered ha :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 musical theatre manic

any signs of snow elsewhere?

• Advertisement

any signs of snow elsewhere?

Some parts of wales might get some, I wished it moved a little bit more in land, it freezing here right now in Streetly part of West Midlands

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Pangea wrote: »

Yep it does , I might get the netweather extra myself this year , have a good feeling about this winter!

Yep it does , I might get the netweather extra myself this year , have a good feeling about this winter!

Its basically just a fiver a month, wouldn't even notice it !

They do a 7 day free trial now apparently too

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shamrock841

EICK 011700Z 0118/0218 27015KT 9999 SCT010 BKN030 TEMPO 0118/0120 27017G27KT TEMPO 0118/0203 5000 SHRAGSSN BKN009 BKN015CB BECMG 0200/0202 25010KT BECMG 0210/0212 28013KT TEMPO 0212/0218 SCT018CB BECMG 0215/0217 22008KT

Moderate showers of rain hail and snow forecast for cork between 1800 and 0300 according to the met office :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Seems to be quite a bit of early optimism around for a proper winter. Is it because of the midterm forecast of blocking or another reason(s)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Trotter wrote: »
    Seems to be quite a bit of early optimism around for a proper winter. Is it because of the midterm forecast of blocking or another reason(s)?

I think for the lay people on the thread, it just genuinely feels very cold for this time of year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Surely was cold today. I was out in the yard helping the father in law put 2 shocks into the truck and boy! i had to work fast to keep the cold at bay.

There are positive "things" happening at the moment and I'm positive about us getting a cold one this year.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭maw368

It did indeed snow in parts of South Wales too... I didn't manage to get any pictures but can confirm the snow did stick to the ground for a few hours in Ebbw Vale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

So when's the snow arriving?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭StormGazer.11

Was down in Killarney today and there was some lovely white stuff capping the mountains :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 my favourite rossy

In Donegal here aout 2 inches of snow .... Built a snowball ...............

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

Hi MT,

I know you issued your "initial thoughts" on the upcoming winter for Ireland (mixture of mild and cold with a potentially very cold February 2013), however will you be issuing the usual more detailed forecast over the coming weeks?

D

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭candy19

In Donegal here aout 2 inches of snow .... Built a snowball ...............

Pictures please, this I got to see....

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Guys has mt made a winter forecast yet? Can't find anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Guys has mt made a winter forecast yet? Can't find anything!

Issued in September.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80889527&postcount=509

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

Tindie wrote: »

Superstorm :rolleyes: I am surprised they didn't use a better headline, it really isn't dramatic enough to get over the impending doom, something like below would be much better:

Snowvembercane© to bring the Arctic for Super Storm weekend. :rolleyes:

How anybody uses these rags as a source of credible news is beyond me.

Snowvembercane© a copyrighted word please contact to reproduce :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Sorry if this may have been posted elsewhere....accuweather have issued their 2012-13 winter weather forecast: http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-blogs/Euro/winter-20122013-forecast/972170

Going for below average in Ireland and UK (and western europe in general).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Any one notice this in MT's forecast this morning ?

OUTLOOK ... Windy, mild, but possibly turning sharply colder around the weekend of 10th-11th as flow becomes more northwesterly again. Some remnants of the energy of "Sandy" may be driving this frontal system. Longer range outlook is for very mild weather in second half of November

• Registered Users Posts: 4 musical theatre manic

Heard rumors :confused: of snow in limerick and donegal :D (not just the post here on this forum)

patneve2 wrote: »
    Sorry if this may have been posted elsewhere....accuweather have issued their 2012-13 winter weather forecast: http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-blogs/Euro/winter-20122013-forecast/972170

Going for below average in Ireland and UK (and western europe in general).
    Another story I think may be huge is the correlation with some of the weak El Nino or neutral years Paul Pastelok has narrowed in on. Many of these years tend to have some strong wind events that bring, unfortunately, severe winds and even some major damage to Europe. I think this could be the case this year. 2007 had a storm which caused almost 5 billion Euros of damages; another storm in 1993 caused major damage also. Some of the wind reports during these storms were close to category 3 winds, so winds of over 145 knots, will cause major damage. Look for this to happen over Ireland, the U.K. and northern France and Germany into the Netherlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Any one notice this in MT's forecast this morning ?

OUTLOOK ... Windy, mild, but possibly turning sharply colder around the weekend of 10th-11th as flow becomes more northwesterly again. Some remnants of the energy of "Sandy" may be driving this frontal system. Longer range outlook is for very mild weather in second half of November

You just had to point it out didn't you?! :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Wolfe_IRE

leahyl wrote: »
    It looks average or slightly below to me in terms of temps. Image c/o www.meteociel.fr
    226788.gif

leahyl wrote: »

Don't mind that PP fella at all there leahyl, he is just trying to annoy ya !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭jeltz

Spindle wrote: »
    Superstorm :rolleyes: I am surprised they didn't use a better headline, it really isn't dramatic enough to get over the impending doom, something like below would be much better:

Snowvembercane© to bring the Arctic for Super Storm weekend. :rolleyes:

How anybody uses these rags as a source of credible news is beyond me.

Snowvembercane© a copyrighted word please contact to reproduce :D

It is hard to believe these 'journalists' are not taking a wide range of illegal substances. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement