Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hersheys wrote: »
    Rational me knows what's good for me.

Current me refuses to do it.

I'm always fighting myself on stuff. Logic versus stubborn, i've finally been persuaded to give mindfulness a go and what do ya know, it might be partially helpful. You tried it at all Hersheys?.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Rational me knows what's good for me.

Current me refuses to do it.

I totally understand! Even little things like just going for a walk and eating well are so easy to forget for a day, and they may be all you need to perk up! But staying in bed is always a more attractive option then.

One thing that really gets me down is the Internet oddly. Either I get annoyed with stupid people who really should have no affect on me, or I get upset looking up old fries who I have fallen out with. And spending hours just looking at silly websites does nothing good for my mood, it's just monotonous.

But I find it so hard to stop and think of something else to do :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

I'm always fighting myself on stuff. Logic versus stubborn, i've finally been persuaded to give mindfulness a go and what do ya know, it might be partially helpful. You tried it at all Hersheys?.
    I've read books on mindfulness, I just don't get it some of the time :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I'm in a bad way this weekend. Could not get out of bed for the life of me. Am not looking forward to work tomorrow, my head is in a bad way with nasty thoughts. Have a med check up this week, don't wanna increase the doses but feel I should prob tell the doc I'm feeling lower than ever before really.

Yeah, tell him everything you can and you two can work something out, my last appointment was ages ago and left the next one for 6 months down the line, it's probably soon enough now and there is a shedload of stuff I could talk about really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

lukesmom wrote: »
    :) I'll brave the shower in a little while. Funny that I'm one of the most positive people you could meet. Just when this damn claw grabs a hold of me its tough to break free

Same here, the most outgoing confident person you'll ever meet, but its all gone to **** recently, its just a bad patch sure :) chin up

• Advertisement

I've read books on mindfulness, I just don't get it some of the time :(

I was just advised to give this one a read, just got it on the kindle, Sure i'll give it a shot :D

http://www.amazon.com/Mindfulness-Kindle-Enhanced-Edition-ebook/dp/B004TTHD9O/ref=sr_1_6?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1350906853&sr=1-6&keywords=mindfulness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Its hard alright, im going through the same now. I'm going to one of the John Of Gods centers. NOT AS BAD AS YOU THINK. Not the main nut house :D doctor sent me.

Everyone in the same boat, bit a craic to be honest, kinda gives you something to do for the day.

But really when i feel like that, just get out for a walk early morning, just keep walking. youd be amazed how good you feel after it. also i do some weights and pump the guns :)

once your out of the bed, i think thats that hardest part out of the way.

Oi! Leave us nutters alone! Ah no, always found John of God's a good place to be when life is hard. Something about all being in it together that helped

Totalelf wrote: »
    Spent 7 wks in St Pats over the summer, but no better. Can't lift my mood at all. On 300mg seroquel & Effexor. Started college as a mature student but regretting it now as I don't have the motivation or interest to study. Life was so much easier in hospital, I didn't have to think of anything. Want this feeling to end, so fed up of it .

Welcome back Totalelf - we missed you.
    Always takes a little while to land when you get out of hospital. Be gentle with yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Have had one of the worst days ever today. Sat in college unable to concentrate or engage in any sort of conversation. Going to take tomorrow off and see what happens. I wish they'd hurry up with my medical card application.

I cannot bloody sleep! Head in a dark place. Paranoia rampant.

• Advertisement

Oh God what an awful day

Sup neemish, feeling any better now?

Just a really really bad day. Physically, I'm not well at the moment. And add the low the mood to that and it's a disaster. Only have a short day at work thank God, but even that is hard to take. Don't want to be here the way I'm feeling. Very teary

• Registered Users Posts: 31 want to disappear

Have had a rough day.

I don't understand how some people feel the need to kick a person when they are already down.

Can't stop crying. I hate this I really do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

neemish wrote: »

I hate hate crying, when I started it gets pretty physically draining and can last hours, sometimes days!

But recently I've found it can't cry. I've been teary a lot but just can't cry. And as much as I hate crying I would just love a release. Have some things on my mind and, it might be silly, but maybe I can just cry away problems I want to leave in the past.

That said if I do manage to cry I will probably regret saying that.

Take a warm shower and make a hot drink if you can, I find that helps stop the tears a little. Maybe not the feeling but at least calm you down.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

I miss Jammstar :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

neemish wrote: »
    :( hope you feel a bit better soon neemish xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

I hate hate crying, when I started it gets pretty physically draining and can last hours, sometimes days!

Talking about crying, I am going to my daughters graduation at the weekend.

Anyway, my young friends, some advice. Should I suprise my daughter and wear a mortor-board and gown. Bet your laughting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Lately my sister has been suffering from very severe anxiety. It seems to be a very physical experience as well as emotional. She doesn't know what she is afraid of,mostly she seems afraid of being afraid, of being overwhelmed by the constant anxiety. Watching how severely it's affecting her I can understand that. It's dominating all day everyday for her despite medication.So far that's helped her eat and sleep again but the days are hard. I love her so much, it's so hard to see her go through such absolute torment. I don't know much about these things or how to help. I wondered if anyone here who had experience of this kind of anxiety might know what I could do that might help or if you've any suggestions for the small things that get you through bad days that I could recommend? What do you wish other people knew or wish they'd do to help you through this?

Maybe a thread of "What helps you" might be useful here too to give sufferers little ideas of the normal everyday things that people do that help them and people who would like to help could get ideas as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Haven't been having a good few weeks since last post. Really struggling o be honest.

Survived the night. Took half a sleeper which didn't kick in until midnight. Great sleep after that, although I feel a bit zonked today. At least the crying has stopped for the moment. It was like a flood last night

Glad to hear you're feeling a little better neemish :)

We're here if you wanna talk cloud.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

So up and down, nearly seasick, i felt almost cheerful monday morning. I was afraid to wonder why in case i frightened it away, everything is so damn fragile

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mimbo

Does anybody every go into therapy feeling bad and come out feeling worse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Mimbo wrote: »

The one and only time I went, I didn't like it at all. I just didn't feel comfortable opening up to a stranger and any time I did mention anything that was bothering me, I just felt like she was judging me (even though I know she probably wasn't). I just came out feeling like nothing had been resolved and that she thought I had nothing to really be sad about and that I was just a time-waster. I know I should probably give it a better chance, but it just makes me uncomfortable for some reason.

Yeah that can happen (in my so far limited experience) after some rough days my balance even feels off. However i find it's a bit like a snow globe, after a while it settles and is easier to digest and think about things..

I seem to always feel worse with one to one therapy, But ive been doing some group therapy at the moment.

You get to meet a few folk who are going through the same, always kinda seems to be quite funny too cause everyone can relate and make jokes :D

Much better for me anyway and find it really helpfull.

First day is a mare i must admit, so nervous and all that but on day 2 it gets better.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭frulewis

just a quick question for anyone on Lexapro or similar, i've been taking it since last September with a few months break this Summer now i'm back on the 5mg. I was just wondering if anyone else experienced quite a lot of weight gain on this drug I've gained nearly two stone since I started on it, it happened quite slowly at first - a lb here a lb there and then one day I woke up and hey presto there's a stone on, am considering coming off it if that's the case because my body can't handle this extra weight at the moment I feel like an aul wan going around!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

frulewis wrote: »
    just a quick question for anyone on Lexapro or similar, i've been taking it since last September with a few months break this Summer now i'm back on the 5mg. I was just wondering if anyone else experienced quite a lot of weight gain on this drug I've gained nearly two stone since I started on it, it happened quite slowly at first - a lb here a lb there and then one day I woke up and hey presto there's a stone on, am considering coming off it if that's the case because my body can't handle this extra weight at the moment I feel like an aul wan going around!

I was on 4x (20mg) the dose you're on now a few years back and I put on 4.5 stone when on it. However I was also on a 20mg dose of Zyprexa though and that's notorious for weight gain.

I'd say it was mostly the Zyprexa that put the weight on to be honest, but it's impossible for me to tell how much Lexapro contributed towards the weight gain given I was on a few drugs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement