Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mareliada

Mimbo wrote: »
    Does anybody every go into therapy feeling bad and come out feeling worse?
    Its my husb thats unwell, he nearly always feels worse and at the mo is really sick and cant face therpy. He gets the Same sense of being judged and that he has nothing to b depressed abt!
    I dont know what to do at all most days

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

frulewis wrote: »
    just a quick question for anyone on Lexapro or similar, i've been taking it since last September with a few months break this Summer now i'm back on the 5mg. I was just wondering if anyone else experienced quite a lot of weight gain on this drug I've gained nearly two stone since I started on it, it happened quite slowly at first - a lb here a lb there and then one day I woke up and hey presto there's a stone on, am considering coming off it if that's the case because my body can't handle this extra weight at the moment I feel like an aul wan going around!

I had no weight gain on Lexapro. Talk to your doctor about it.

Mimbo wrote: »
    Does anybody every go into therapy feeling bad and come out feeling worse?

Usually I feel the same. Though I did go in once in the middle of a mixed episode and go from depressed to manic during the session which was interesting. :P I've heard a lot of people say they find therapy very hard in this regard though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

These endless cycles are so wearing. Couldn't bring myself to leave the house today, but yesterday i was the life and soul of the party, Monday i was unusually calm and almost positive, therapy in the morning and i'm tired even thinking about it.. And my phone/mail/facebook/forums have all been very quiet. It shall be a long night. Serequel not knocking me out anymore. How's everyone else doing as it approaches night?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I had severe weight loss on Lexapro. Talk to your doctor, everyone is so different with any medication :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi. I've just come across this and read througth some peoples experiences. I hvae been struggling a lot recently, and am thinking it might be good to just put something out there. not really looking for advice or anything..

I have pretty severe problems with anxiety and depression. I don't get out much. Most of my days I just look for something to dostract me, watch ****ty tv shows I don't even like then go back to bed. I have good spells where I will go out for a walk but thats the extent of my social life. I dont talk to anyone for days at a time. Even then its just please and thank you to random people in shops.

I take 20mg lexapro daily, sometimes more during darker than usual weeks. I don't know if thats good or not, old doctor said to take more if I needed it but newer guy said I shouldn't take more than 20mg daily. I don't even know if it helps but if I miss a couple days then I'm all over the place, feel like complete **** and get weird tingly shocks and shakes.

I try to meet people every once in a while but anxiety gets me crazy, physically feeling sick, shaking, feeling like I need to get out of there immediately and I bail. Go home and back to bed.

Mostly I don't know what to do. I'm jobless and cannot afford my rent anymore so its been backing up.. will likely be homeless in the not too distant future. I want to snap out of it and get my **** in order so bad but just cant. I bounce between anger, depression and complete apathy.

This is just making me feel even worse..don't know why I thought it would help

Less than 4 hours sleep and good form, am I switching into a manic phase? Bleh. I hate not being on a therapeutic dose of a mood stabiliser, it's just round and round in circles we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

stolensoul wrote: »
    Hi. I've just come across this and read througth some peoples experiences. I hvae been struggling a lot recently, and am thinking it might be good to just put something out there. not really looking for advice or anything..

I have pretty severe problems with anxiety and depression. I don't get out much. Most of my days I just look for something to dostract me, watch ****ty tv shows I don't even like then go back to bed. I have good spells where I will go out for a walk but thats the extent of my social life. I dont talk to anyone for days at a time. Even then its just please and thank you to random people in shops.

I take 20mg lexapro daily, sometimes more during darker than usual weeks. I don't know if thats good or not, old doctor said to take more if I needed it but newer guy said I shouldn't take more than 20mg daily. I don't even know if it helps but if I miss a couple days then I'm all over the place, feel like complete **** and get weird tingly shocks and shakes.

I try to meet people every once in a while but anxiety gets me crazy, physically feeling sick, shaking, feeling like I need to get out of there immediately and I bail. Go home and back to bed.

Mostly I don't know what to do. I'm jobless and cannot afford my rent anymore so its been backing up.. will likely be homeless in the not too distant future. I want to snap out of it and get my **** in order so bad but just cant. I bounce between anger, depression and complete apathy.

This is just making me feel even worse..don't know why I thought it would help

Im kinda new to this forum, but do any of you guys ever meet up and do stuff like they do on other boards forums???

Could be an idea, even if its not a night out but just a group of people even for walks or anything just to get you outta the house and have a bit of social life, cause it seems most of us the social part is a big problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Welcome to the newbies - what I love most about the thread is not feeling quite so alone in whatever I'm going through. There's always someone around who has been through something similar.

Not sure about the meeting up thing. Would be great, but at the same time would we be a help or a hindrance to each other in "real" life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Yeah I kind of like the anominity. Or however that's spelt.

• Advertisement

ah here, its not the grammer thread

neemish wrote: »
    ah here, its not the grammer thread
    :D

So wrecked. Cannot wait to sleep. Bad day.

Hi all

The latest incarnation of my anxiety is now health anxiety/hypochondria ..

Left side chest and shoulder and back pain and tightness etc ....Been to 2 doctors who both said I was fine and the problem was anxiety - so went back on Lexapro and took XANAX for 30 days ...

Here's the problem - Now the XANAX is gone I am again convinced something is really wrong with my heart and I am going to die of a heart attack even though 2 doctors said my heart was fine ...

A living nightmare at the moment - horrible feeling thinking that you are about to die :(

Anyone ever have experiences like this?

Hersheys wrote: »
    :D

So wrecked. Cannot wait to sleep. Bad day.

I was having a so so day til i went to therapt. Big dive- want to leave therapy. Well, not really but i want it to be just slightly easier :-(

Sleep well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Im kinda new to this forum, but do any of you guys ever meet up and do stuff like they do on other boards forums???

Could be an idea, even if its not a night out but just a group of people even for walks or anything just to get you outta the house and have a bit of social life, cause it seems most of us the social part is a big problem.

I'd say the problem with a meet up would be most of us would be too terrified to go.

I was having a so so day til i went to therapt. Big dive- want to leave therapy. Well, not really but i want it to be just slightly easier :-(

Sleep well

I've to see a psych now too :( knew I should have kept my dark thoughts hidden.

How you feeling now neemish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Another bad night. Put my sister to bed at half 8, been alone with my thoughts since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Was supposed to go out with my 'friends' and they never did text me so this is turning out to be a shitty night. Why do little things always have to bring you so far down?

They're must be something in the air with so many of us miserable. Hope you guys don't mind me saying- im glad theres a few of us like this. Helps me feel less alone.

Hersheys how was the apt? Im ok, waiting for meds to kick in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Hey everyone, I've been reading the past few pages and its weirdly comforting to hear so many people describing the same feelings.
    I'm in that awful pit of knowing that I have a problem but feeling too frozen to do anything about it.

I'd say I felt sad except that implies that there is a familiar other state to compare it to; there isn't, it's just a vacant sensation of nothing at all for most of the time. I only tend to notice it strongly when it turns into weird physical symptoms, like arms/head feeling too heavy to lift off the table, and feeling like a zombie walking around the town - sort of, if I stopped moving forward at any time, I'd never be able to generate the forward momentum to start up again. Depression runs in my family and I have been medicated for it before (seroxat, it was actually pretty good), I really don't want to go on medication again, but honestly I don't know if that is an actual rational thought or a weird depressive " I don't want to do anything about anything" thought.

Shíte.

• Advertisement

They're must be something in the air with so many of us miserable. Hope you guys don't mind me saying- im glad theres a few of us like this. Helps me feel less alone.

Hersheys how was the apt? Im ok, waiting for meds to kick in

Haven't had the appt, just got the referral there so it's a waiting game :( I'm STILL awake, toying with the idea of just getting up & going to work just so I can distract myself. Stupid insomnia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Hi all , new posting in this thread but have been reading it a good while.
    Have had anxiety & depression with an odd bit of hypomania & dysphoria thrown in for 14 yrs now.
    I am having a good day and just thought i'd say hi.
    My psych put me on Lyrica on Wednesday- its like a fog has lifted, I feel 'normal", am not crippled by anxiety or wondering if its 'time' to take a xanax yet.
    That alone is a reason to smile. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I never understood self-harm before but have found myself doing it lately. I understand now, it's when you have a deep frustration and you know you won't be killing yourself so ye cut the **** out of your body and each one I felt I was really breathing, unlike my usual breathing which is just so tight and tense and actually sometimes is a chore...

And my good times are now very brief and highly delusional. I have to now pretend to myself that I'm still valid by coming up with this fantastically charming and humorous alter-ego. Because time is short when I'm feeling okay before the next crash I usually am not able to relax, it has to be an all-out thing.

Just bought two books, both with Road in the title and I have to say I do have wanderlust but as a friend and I were saying 'people who have a flaw in their character won't find anything different wherever they go'.

Wish I could help someone else at least, if not myself. But that's now, I know the routine of getting involved in some sort of voluntary work would just become the same as my other obligations... so for every positive constructive thought I have there seems to be an anchor bound to it, leaving it there but ensuring that it never floats up towards reality... and that's all wishy washy talk that gets nobody nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 MOR66

I never understood self-harm before but have found myself doing it lately. I understand now, it's when you have a deep frustration and you know you won't be killing yourself so ye cut the **** out of your body and each one I felt I was really breathing, unlike my usual breathing which is just so tight and tense and actually sometimes is a chore...

And my good times are now very brief and highly delusional. I have to now pretend to myself that I'm still valid by coming up with this fantastically charming and humorous alter-ego. Because time is short when I'm feeling okay before the next crash I usually am not able to relax, it has to be an all-out thing.

Just bought two books, both with Road in the title and I have to say I do have wanderlust but as a friend and I were saying 'people who have a flaw in their character won't find anything different wherever they go'.

Wish I could help someone else at least, if not myself. But that's now, I know the routine of getting involved in some sort of voluntary work would just become the same as my other obligations... so for every positive constructive thought I have there seems to be an anchor bound to it, leaving it there but ensuring that it never floats up towards reality... and that's all wishy washy talk that gets nobody nowhere.

This is beautifully soulful. Please dont give up.

I've been suffering from on and off depression\anxiety\self harm for years, ive come to the stage i've given up on trusting myself let alone anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I hate Friday nights.

MOR66 wrote: »
    This is beautifully soulful. Please dont give up.

I've been suffering from on and off depression\anxiety\self harm for years, ive come to the stage i've given up on trusting myself let alone anyone else.

Thank you, I think when it gets into years of time it would take either a figurative or literal lightning bolt to the brain to turn things around. I'd turn it all around right now if biology hadn't already cast me in the last the year or two into the 'definitely not physically attractive' bracket and then scalped me of my hair, so that along with being in the definitely not physically attractive category I moving breathtakingly fast into just downright creepy looking.

Twenty five years of age and it feels that I have to console myself with the leisure activities of a ninety year old. Yes I'm reading a good book but I am acutely aware of the silence around me and that will continue to surround me any time I reach a chapter end or a full stop.

And then there is, as you said, the idea of 'keep going', a well-intended remark. I think what will happen is I will keep going, but to keep going with chronic deficiencies in every category of nourishment up to and including emotions and basic affection is nothing more than a path to tormenting madness at best...

But we keep going and hope for the best. I do hope the best for you smiley face :) , but if your brain is in a similar sort of deadlock it may not mean too much to you, not so smiley face :(

Do you never go 'out out' as mickey flanagan would say, cloud?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Reporting in!

Still doing very well and feeling ok, only downside is bouts of anxiety
    I get at night but I'm both sleeping and coping.

Hang in there people

formaly ashblag here just checking in. in a bad place at the moment had a shall we call it a blip over the last few weeks...a path of self destruction but back on the fighting now.
    so very tired insomnia is exhausting. hope all is well

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Only left house to get food today. Just want to binge for the day... when in the shop one of the managers came over and carried my basket, no idea why. Weird. Paranoia has kicked in over it tbh; Also, it's fierce quiet here, sunday and no work, completely at a loss as to what to do with myself.. :-/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement