Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jimmy Saville exposed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Can someone get away with what it seems JS has without higher-ups looking out for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

Tubridy initially announced his intention to take over the hosting of The Late Late Show from Pat Kenny but he later stated that he would remain as host of Tubridy Tonight, describing it as his "Jim'll Fix It job" and "little fun-size legacy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Tubridy

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭GoldenLight

ghiertal wrote: »
    Tubridy initially announced his intention to take over the hosting of The Late Late Show from Pat Kenny but he later stated that he would remain as host of Tubridy Tonight, describing it as his "Jim'll Fix It job" and "little fun-size legacy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Tubridy

Thinly veiled "I hate Ryan Turbidy" post, and extreme unfair to post in this thread, you know what happens when you throw enough crap, it sticks, mostly to your own hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Zimbabwe used to be called Rhodesia... seeing as a totally irrelevant fact was posted, here's another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Madam_X wrote: »
    Zimbabwe used to be called Rhodesia... seeing as a totally irrelevant fact was posted, here's another one.

You dont have to go that far, Cobh was once queenstown.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

Fuinseog wrote: »
    benny hill was never accused of any of that, although he never married.

I remember one of the Hills Angels saying Benny used to press them do do oral sex on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Interestingly, a 5 year old audio clip from Irish radio station Newstalk is making headlines accross the pond....where Jimmy Saville claims to know nothing of accusations!

http://news.sky.com/story/995919/jimmy-savile-child-sex-rumours-not-true

The clip is on Newstalk now.

http://www.newstalk.ie/2012/featured-5-slideshow-homepage/savile-denied-sex-abuse-claims-in-2007-newstalk-interview/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

getzls wrote: »
    I remember one of the Hills Angels saying Benny used to press them do do oral sex on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Luxie

Madam_X wrote: »
    What's that got to do with the price of a loaf of bread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Fuinseog wrote: »
    benny hill was never accused of any of that, although he never married.

AFAIK Benny Hill was just a sad gay (if you pardon the oxymoron) that didn't play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It could get worse -
    Charlotte Hawkins ‏@SkyCharlotte

More claims today Jimmy Savile sexually abused vulnerable children, including a former nurse who says she saw him molest a disabled girl

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MissyB71

Is nobody concerned about what is becoming of society when people are found guilty before being tried, with no opportunity to defend themselves. Judged by public opinion and sentenced by a police commanders and politicians! I think it's despicable, Jesus, what if he was innocent! My opinion is probably controversial but someone has to bring reason back into the situation before we return to the day's of witch hunts,lynchings and crucifixions !

If someone was found guilty fair enough, I can understand anger but stripping people of their titles,taking down memorials and street signs, smashing, dumping and scraping away the tomb inscriptions of an untried dead man, madness.!!!Utter madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

thats the great tragedy of this sorry tale that no one confronted him when he was alive....too late now

too much jumpin on the bandwagon going on at the moment for my liking....oh i saw this i saw that...well why didn't you say something then!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Disgusting allegations about Jimmy Saville, no doubt about it at all.
    The man was a weirdo, (watch 'when Louis met Jimmy on YouTube) borderline insane even.

However.

It's a bit pointless investigating and various allegations about him now when he's dead.

Firstly, he's not around to defend himself/deny allegations.

Secondly though,
    What they going to do to him now? Dig him up and bury him in a prison yard somewhere?

IMO, to much has emerged about him now for some people in positions of power not to have protected him, and if some of these folk are still living, they should be pursued now for justice also!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭nemesisdg

Jimmy Saville Exposed

Poor choice of title no?

Just saying. 13 Pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Jimmy Savils coffin disappeared last night, police suspect his family are behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Go to 14:15: LT: You used to be a wrestler? Is that right?

JS: Still am. Feared in every girl's school in Britain.

LT: Meaning?

JS: That was a pleasantry. In Yorkshire they call it a j.o.k.e.

Hiding in plain sight, and a man with a deeply sick sense of humour. He expressed a fear that tabloids would portray him as a nonce, accurately as it turns out.

Lots of those nonces. John Peel even married a 15yo girl, which he claimed was in error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

thats the great tragedy of this sorry tale that no one confronted him when he was alive....too late now

too much jumpin on the bandwagon going on at the moment for my liking....oh i saw this i saw that...well why didn't you say something then!!
    there were complaints made to police

the press wouldn't print while he was alive

he had contacts and lawyers-that's part of the reason it never went public

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Ghandee wrote: »
    The man was a weirdo, (watch 'when Louis met Jimmy on YouTube) borderline insane even.

However.

It's a bit pointless investigating and various allegations about him now when he's dead.

Secondly though,
    What they going to do to him now? Dig him up and bury him in a prison yard somewhere?

IMO, to much has emerged about him now for some people in positions of power not to have protected him, and if some of these folk are still living, they should be pursued now for justice also!

I disagree, it will provide closure to his victims. And hopefully it will shed some light on who those people were that protected him.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Lots of those nonces. John Peel even married a 15yo girl, which he claimed was in error.

Really? And even if he did, not that I condone it, but I think it's a different scenario to the control freakery abuse that JS was capable of...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Go to 14:15: LT: You used to be a wrestler? Is that right?

JS: Still am. Feared in every girl's school in Britain.

LT: Meaning?

JS: That was a pleasantry. In Yorkshire they call it a j.o.k.e.

Hiding in plain sight, and a man with a deeply sick sense of humour. He expressed a fear that tabloids would portray him as a nonce, accurately as it turns out.

Jim the Pill looks pretty dodgy too, I’m guessing the pill was Rohypnol.

This was a BBC produced show yeah? Interesting that they would allow some of Theroux questions and Saville’s “eccentric” answers if there has been a long standing cover up in place. Saville must have had some arrogance to allow it to air considering the eye brow raising it caused, same with going on Have I got News for you. There’s hiding in plain sight and then there’s having an ego that makes you feel untouchable, in his case I think it was the latter but all in all I think he was a clever b*stard (Well he was a member of Mensa)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭lynchieboy

If it was a certain Fr Jimmy Saville parish priest and the BBC was the Catholic church it seems to be a carbon copy of a clerical child abuse case! It seems amazing that a lot of high profile celebrities and tv presenters are queing up to say they knew about the rumours that he might have been rapeing little girls! just like the bishops and cardinals they were prepared to turn a blind eye more worried about their own careers than rape victims despicable individuals:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i just cant get over this! what the hell were people doing "observing" all these incidences and saying nothing! where do they think their responsibility was?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

ppink wrote: »
    i just cant get over this! what the hell were people doing "observing" all these incidences and saying nothing! where do they think their responsibility was?
    in many cases complaints were made at the time of the abuse,two more have come to light to-day,one was by a nurse ,who worked at the time in a hospital in leeds,she caught saville abusing a young disabled girl,he even had is own set of keys to give him access to a secure hospital for mentally disabled children in broadmoor

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The family have removed his £5,000 headstone in Scarborough, the stone was only put in place 3 weeks ago. He now lies in an unmarked grave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ghandee wrote: »

However.

Secondly though,

you just answered your own question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭666irishguy

I'm all for a Cadavar Synod.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

I was actually hoping this thread would have naked pictures of Jimmy Saville.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

There was a news piece on today about the war memorial in Belgium which has the names of hundreds of soldiers who remains were never found ( blown to bits or vaporized in battle) . They may not have their own headstones but they are are worth remembering and for all the right reasons ,unlike Saville who will be remembered for all the wrong ones .

Advertisement