Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭deisefolife

23, has to be on the Waterford panel next year

i spotted Scully and co in the Fraher filed hopefully he he had his eyes opened..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭Cake Man

23, has to be on the Waterford panel next year

Was he minor or U21 in the last few years for the county? So many Shane Kearney's knocking about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Cake Man wrote: »
    Was he minor or U21 in the last few years for the county? So many Shane Kearney's knocking about!

He played u21 in 2010 when they got trounced by Cork!

Least I think he did. Either that or he was omitted by Shiner, who didn't cover himself in glory that year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭deisebhoy17

he was still u21 last year but wasnt on the team beaten by Tipp. A Brickey man originally

Personally I thought FMW would have put up more of a final against DLS. Credit Dungarvan they are there on merit but cant see anything other than a DLS win in the final tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Thoughts on yesterday's game, really want to see Liam McCarthy come through KK and shove it in their faces on its way to Waterford and over the new bridge.

STIG83 wrote: »
    Thoughts on yesterday's game, really want to see Liam McCarthy come through KK and shove it in their faces on its way to Waterford and over the new bridge.

would be nice to see it happen just once even... hopefully in this lifetime! Cant see it anytime soon though. The Walter Walsh story yesterday just underlines how Kilkenny have got it so right. That they can call upon a young lad and give him his debut in an AI final and he goes in totally unfazed and ends up getting MOTM.... No county can compete with that

no he never played under age with the county pity really

no he never played under age with the county pity really

He did, played corner back http://www.breakingthrough.ie/2010/06/01/cork-v-waterford-munster-quarter-final/

My mistake, i was fully sure he didn't...

it could be one of the other Kearney's floating around the county.. ill have to ask him next time i'm talking to him

• Advertisement

My mistake, i was fully sure he didn't...

it could be one of the other Kearney's floating around the county.. ill have to ask him next time i'm talking to him

Nah it was him alright. Shane Kearney Ballyduff would be the same age, but he's a forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭cheater

Yeah, it was Shane Kearney (Dungarvan) formerly Brickeys who played corner back, and Shane Kearney (Ballyduff) was wing forward the same night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭thesultan

Isn't his father from Ballyduff?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 OldBoro

His father is Maurice the principle in saint josephs in Dungarvan

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brianne

Yes he's a native of Ballyduff.

Portlaws jerseys look suspiciously like Tipp jerseys...

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭zol 2

Brianne wrote: »
    Yes he's a native of Ballyduff.

Peter O Keeffe who plays with Lismore is his first cousin. I couldn't tell you who his mother his or how many are in his family or what he eats for breakfast!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

Portlaws jerseys look suspiciously like Tipp jerseys...

So does An Rinn's and the two meet in the county final. I take it both will change. I wonder who's shirts An Rinn will wear. The An Gaeltact ones I am sure are too small to fit grown men, even if the minors there wear them. I am sure they wont be asking Ardmore for a loan of a set. Dont know if many of them would wear an Old Parish Shirt either.

zol 2 wrote: »
    Peter O Keeffe who plays with Lismore is his first cousin. I couldn't tell you who his mother his or how many are in his family or what he eats for breakfast!!:D

hes also cousins with the ballyduff kearneys. their all related up there !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brianne

Also related to Tom Feeney ex Waterford hurler!!

• Advertisement

Ah lads, c'mon now! Nobody cares!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Their cat had a litter and Paul Flynn got one, another other ended up in a Chinese Takeaway in the city. That cat is a first cousin of Michael Ryan's cat too actually.

solarith wrote: »
    Their cat had a litter and Paul Flynn got one, another other ended up in a Chinese Takeaway in the city. That cat is a first cousin of Michael Ryan's cat too actually.

No, that was only speculation. It was infact his neighbours cat.

Harty Cup fixtures today at 1.30pm:
    DLS v Colaiste Chiarraí @ Mallow
    Blackwater v Charleville CBS @ Fermoy
    Coláiste na Déise v St. Caimins Shannon @ Tipp Town

H'on the Deise sides.

anyone know anymore on this story

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=178499

H'on the Deise sides.

any results

• Registered Users Posts: 10 The Intruder

H'on the Deise sides.

any results
    Bhackwater 3.20 charlville 0.9

Great stuff. Knowing Stephen Bennett, he prob got about 3-15 of that! Any word in DLS and CnaD games? Munster GAA website slow to update scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 The Intruder

Great stuff. Knowing Stephen Bennett, he prob got about 3-15 of that! Any word in DLS and CnaD games? Munster GAA website slow to update scores.
    Hardly he was playin centreback. Shane Bennett got 1 10 think mike kearney from ballyduff got the other 2 goals

Hardly he was playin centreback. Shane Bennett got 1 10 think mike kearney from ballyduff got the other 2 goals

Quality young player is Michael Kearney...but I don't care who he's related to before anyone starts!

• Advertisement

Quality young player is Michael Kearney...but I don't care who he's related to before anyone starts!

Hed be one of the ballyduff kearneys.... :D

anyone know the other waterford college results?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement