Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LIT general chit chat thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Mavis93

Oh I know that, I just wanted to know for like.. arranging to go home and that! Ahh I get ya! Can't wait for next week now :D Will they show us around the studios or will we only get to see them when we are using them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

1st years dont generally use the studios, but id say you will have some labs up in block C alright, thats the way it was when i was there anyway. recording wise ye will just be using the tascams in 1st year.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 orlibug84

hi.can someone please help me out?im a second 2yr apllied biology student,and im back tomorrow,ive just registered online right now.the deadline was 17 august,i didnt know that this was the date ,as i have just been given the grant approval.has this ever happened to anyone else?
    when i registered online it didnt stop me or anything.please help

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Maybe just register in the college? I doubt there would be any hassle with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

orlibug84 wrote: »
    hi.can someone please help me out?im a second 2yr apllied biology student,and im back tomorrow,ive just registered online right now.the deadline was 17 august,i didnt know that this was the date ,as i have just been given the grant approval.has this ever happened to anyone else?
    when i registered online it didnt stop me or anything.please help

I'd say you'll be fine. Just go to admissions tomorrow.

• Advertisement

alroley wrote: »

thankyou ,i will do just that:)appreciate the reply :)

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Maybe just register in the college? I doubt there would be any hassle with that?

thanks mars bar.ill do that tomorrow:)

alroley wrote: »
    hi:)went to admissions ...everything perfect,thanks

Mars Bar wrote: »
    hi:)ent todamissions...everything perfect
    thank u:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Didn't see a need for creating a new thread but ive a few books for first year and second years doing Marketing and Management if anyone is doing this course and is looking for books.
    PM me for more info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

I have 2nd year marketing and management books if anyone else wants them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 LimerickDiva

Anyone here doing Business with Event Management?

I am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lyrical

I find it funny that the only career advertised by the "Careers" Department throughout the year is for a moving company in Boston,I've gotten three emails in total about this in the last 2 weeks :pac:.Don't see the logic in them sending a mass email to every student in the college about this either,when putting up posters in the college would of being suffice.What must people doing Masters or degrees be thinking,that the only contribution from the careers department is for a moving company in Boston :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 west7891

sup bitches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭chocolate boy123

Hey starting in september in moylish knowing no one haha whats the college like etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nadastudent

Is that Chris fella actually running for SU President again? Seems a bit much at this stage. Fairly sure its a paid job, maybe time for someone else to have a go? His manifesto seems to have pictures of him at a demo at Clare COCO in 2012. Has he done anything since then?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lyrical

Is that Chris fella actually running for SU President again? Seems a bit much at this stage. Fairly sure its a paid job, maybe time for someone else to have a go? His manifesto seems to have pictures of him at a demo at Clare COCO in 2012. Has he done anything since then?

I think it's just seen as another line to add to the CV rather than doing anything worthwhile.

Anyone who has gone for SU President has the following aims and according to one of my lecturers this has remained the same over the past decade.
    • Have a bar at the college
    • Increase the opening time of the library
    • Reduce the prices in the canteen

None of them seem to have been enforced nor will they ever be.It's just a popularity contest at this stage and I don't know of anyone in my year that will be bothered voting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Cian_Collins

Just wondering has anyone here doing or have done Process with Engineering Management in LIT its a level 8 add on? If so what are the modules like and is experience required if we are you working with industry during the course

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Lamina

I wonder when timetables for classes will be up? Going into second year and I assume I'm back on the 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Lamina wrote: »
    I wonder when timetables for classes will be up? Going into second year and I assume I'm back on the 7th.
    I would imagine if its anything like when I was there. You turn up on day you have to go back(7th in your case) and you'll get timetable when you turn up that day...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 MrPotatoMan245

Hey guys, I was hoping to do a music production course either in IADT in Dublin or else here in LIT (Music Technology and Production). I was wondering, what's the college like? I changed what course I wanted to do way after the open day so I didn't get a chance to see the place. From what I've heard the place is pretty meh, but these are opinions from over a decade ago, so the place could've really been revamped over the years. Also, does anyone know what the course is like, if it's any good?

I did that course in L.I.T.

I disliked the course and didn't like the college either. Bear in mind though that I started 10 years ago (sweet jesus I can't believe it's 10 years) and a lot could have changed since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MrPotatoMan245

Oh really? Out of curiosity, what have you done after finishing the course? Did you get a job somewhere in the music industry?

I knew just before the final year exams that it wasn't going to be something I continued with. I found something else that caught my eye so I completely changed career path.

Advertisement