Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Channels [NO DISCUSSION -NAME / FREQUENCY/ LCN / LAUNCH DATE ONLY]

• 21-09-2010 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Movies4Men who have two exisiting "low grade" film channels are starting a third in October called Men and Movies its on Freesat only however.

Also due in November is Electric Sofa which will be a suite of channels including film and general entertainment, this should be on all platforms.
    Post edited by icdg on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Here are the numbers for Men and Movies,

H
    2/3

A test card is showing, on Freesat the EGP shows a list of movies, stuff already seen often on Movies 4 Men. On Sky its availible through Other Channels and obviously no EPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

mike65 wrote: »
    Movies4Men who have two exisiting "low grade" film channels are starting a third in October called Men and Movies its on Freesat only however.

Also due in November is Electric Sofa which will be a suite of channels including film and general entertainment, this should be on all platforms.

Movies4Men +1 and Movies4Men2 + 1 were both added to the Freesat EPG today.

Bump started transmissions today.

Classic wrestling is on! :eek:

Anyone on SKY has no EPG so we'll have to wait and see regarding online listings....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

BBC 1HD to launch November 3 on all satellite formats.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bjp1967

zerks wrote: »
    BBC 1HD to launch November 3 on all satellite formats.

Does that mean it will be on Irish EPG!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It will be on Freesat HD, which is a lot cheaper :)

watty wrote: »
    It will be on Freesat HD, which is a lot cheaper :)

Sorry, I didn't explain myself very clearly. For those people with Sky like myself, I was wondering has there been any mention for BBC1 HD on Sky EPG similar to BBC HD (channel 143) or have to access via Other Channels, Like ITV HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

We don't know. It's up to Sky and the BBC to come to an arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

bjp1967 wrote: »
    Sorry, I didn't explain myself very clearly. For those people with Sky like myself, I was wondering has there been any mention for BBC1 HD on Sky EPG similar to BBC HD (channel 143) or have to access via Other Channels, Like ITV HD.

No need to apologise. I would have thought that it was perfectly clear what you meant, but it seems that the simplest questions can be used to have a go at Sky.... Oh well, in an attempt to answer your question properly, there hasn't been any word yet on whether BBC1HD will be on the Irish Sky EPG. I guess Sky will have to negotiate an arrangement with the BBC (is it BBC Worldwide who do those deals? I think so).

Hopefully it will appear, but the appearance of the BBC channels on the Irish Sky EPG seems to be ad hoc. Hence BBCHD is there, but still no BBC3 or 4.

No need to apologise. I would have thought that it was perfectly clear what you meant, but it seems that the simplest questions can be used to have a go at Sky.

Charles, I don't think that Watty was having a go at Sky in answering my question, I have read enough of his posts on the forum to find him a very informative person. Then again maybe he does have issues with Sky.

What I have noticed on this forum and on also Digital Spy is the most people seen to write on forums to complain or have some issue with certain providers i.e Sky, Setanta. If you were to base your purchase on what is said on forums you would never touch them. Machines break down, recording fail, these things happen, no more so that any other household appliance. Money issues at a different matter, some people drive toyotas, some people drive bmw's, its all relative, you use what you can afford, I am sure a lot of toyota drivers would love to have a bmw but cant. do they go on forums accusing bmw of been money grabbing SOBS.

I pay Sky 90 euro per month, consisting of Sky Sports, HD, ESPN, multi-room. It works in my house, some people think I am paying too much, but like I said it is all relative, My wife minds kids, so have childrens channels for that, my wife likes Style and Culture and I watch Sports. 23 euro per week is fine for me for the service provided. Rant over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭lgs 4

bjp1967 wrote: »
    Charles, I don't think that Watty was having a go at Sky in answering my question, I have read enough of his posts on the forum to find him a very informative person. Then again maybe he does have issues with Sky.

What I have noticed on this forum and on also Digital Spy is the most people seen to write on forums to complain or have some issue with certain providers i.e Sky, Setanta. If you were to base your purchase on what is said on forums you would never touch them. Machines break down, recording fail, these things happen, no more so that any other household appliance. Money issues at a different matter, some people drive toyotas, some people drive bmw's, its all relative, you use what you can afford, I am sure a lot of toyota drivers would love to have a bmw but cant. do they go on forums accusing bmw of been money grabbing SOBS.

I pay Sky 90 euro per month, consisting of Sky Sports, HD, ESPN, multi-room. It works in my house, some people think I am paying too much, but like I said it is all relative, My wife minds kids, so have childrens channels for that, my wife likes Style and Culture and I watch Sports. 23 euro per week is fine for me for the service provided. Rant over.
    i did have sky movie and hd package one even sitting there channel hopping with notthing but the same stuff i saw five or six weeks i got pen and paper and totaled up what i give sky a year the best part of 900 euros year so i dropped sky and freesat hd box and havnt looked back so ask yourself is that money better in your bank or sky s bank

Electric Sofa website, launch in early 2011, their ambition has increased somewhat complete with proper news serivce from ITN.

http://www.sofascreen.tv/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Electric Sofa website, launch in early 2011, their ambition has increased somewhat complete with proper news serivce from ITN.

Hmm I see they have a Late Night American Chat Show on their listings, a day after it is broadcast it says. Jay Leno maybe?

They also say they will be sowing films from Zac Efron and Michael J. Fox, so they may not be all C-list films.

Dman001 wrote: »
    Hmm I see they have a Late Night American Chat Show on their listings, a day after it is broadcast it says. Jay Leno maybe?

They also say they will be sowing films from Zac Efron and Michael J. Fox, so they may not be all C-list films.

Don't CNBC already re-broadcast Leno over here?

Meanwhile

tumbleweed.jpg

If you have any interest in Indian movies a new channel has popped up UMP Movies SKY Channel 797/Freesat Channel 308

Men & Movies is on 143 (had been off the EPG)

Movies4Men 2/+1 is no more, Sony Movies (SKY sub channel) will take its space soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

Men & Movies is on 143 (had been off the EPG)

Movies4Men 2/+1 is no more, Sony Movies (SKY sub channel) will take its space soon.
    Sony Movie Channel takes over from Movies4Men 2 and +1 tomorrow at 5.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

still here in freesat land

edit: spoke too soon.. the epg has no info for tomorrow

:(

Its a copy of M4M 1

Film Four HD and More4 HD coming to SKY (only :( )

198 is a "the Horror Channel" place holder apparently.

Fashion One - 11426 H 27500 2/3 is Freesat EPG only (407)

• Advertisement

Fashion One - 11426 H 27500 2/3 is Freesat EPG only (407)

Balls. They would have been so nice for Freesat.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Nice,gotten so used to watching movies in HD it was a bummer watching Film4 in SD.

New channels update

Heydaytv is on 402 12 pm till 4 pm on Showcase - some reasonably interesting retro themed stuff

Less thrilling and possibly even cheaper (yet costing much more) is TruTV a load of reality crappolla from Ted Turner which is on all sat plats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Power Gear

Forces Tv (54125 on my FTA box)

12552 v 22000

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭xii

Power Gear wrote: »
    Forces Tv (54125 on my FTA box)

12552 v 22000

FEC 5/6

More rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

xii wrote: »
    FEC 5/6

More rubbish

Thought the thread was New Channels, not a review panel.....thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Reports in the UK that Sky Sports 5 Is testing - anyone being able to tune in yet on an Irish card ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's about time for them if that's true about sky sports 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

lertsnim wrote: »
    It's about time for them if that's true about sky sports 5.

Apparently it will be the 'home of European football' - accessible through the red button but hasn't worked for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭40now

Hasn't worked for me yet either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement