Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tender Watch for Roads!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Irish and Proud

Friday 31st August 2012 - 1 Notice:

1) Award (25/05/2011): Legal Services - N56 Dungloe to Glenties (Kilraine) and N14/N15 to A5 Link Road Projects (Donegal County Council).

#1 - Information in relation to both schemes (mentioned above) is available >>here<<! I think the notice relates only to a small section of the N56 Dungloe to Glenties scheme - the section Southwest of Glenties as far as I can make out.

Regards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,542 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Friday 31st August 2012 - 1 Notice:

1) Award (25/05/2011): Legal Services - N56 Dungloe to Glenties (Kilraine) and N14/N15 to A5 Link Road Projects (Donegal County Council).

#1 - Information in relation to both schemes (mentioned above) is available >>here<<! I think the notice relates only to a small section of the N56 Dungloe to Glenties scheme - the section Southwest of Glenties as far as I can make out.

Regards!

Odd award, as that bit of N56 seems to have some planning issues and the bit of A5 that is going to link to isn't being built yet.

Hopefully it does mean that said N56 bit will progress rapidly as soon as ABP get off their arses and allow it.

MYOB wrote: »
    Odd award, as that bit of N56 seems to have some planning issues and the bit of A5 that is going to link to isn't being built yet.

Hopefully it does mean that said N56 bit will progress rapidly as soon as ABP get off their arses and allow it.

Yeah, I also found it odd on the grounds that there was no mention of the A5 link under the current government's roads plan. Hopefully, the N56 section will get underway. I was on the N59 Clifden Road during the summer and the new Derrylea S-Type 3 section was fabulous - 100kph no problem! :)

Tuesday 4th September 2012 - 1 Notice:

1) Contract Notice: Bothar na dTreabh (N6) Coolagh Roundabout Safety Scheme (Galway city Council).

#1 - The Coolagh Roundabout as I understand it is where the M6 (well N6 really, but you know what I mean), meets the N6 Bothar na dTreabh - I think this was known as the 'M6 Doughiska Junction'. >>This post<< (thanks to Nath) from another thread shows good clear pictures of the junction in its construction phase. Upon a visit to Galway earlier in the summer, I came off the M6 turning right towards the Briarhill Junction (where the Lynch Roundabout was sited) - in doing so, I found that the Coolagh Roundabout was very poor in geometry - I felt it was actually quite dangerous coming off a motorway, so I'm glad it's going to be sorted out. The works also includes the lengthening of a right filter lane for the Briarhill Junction - one would think that two very new junctions would have been done correctly in the first place.

Regards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭browneire

Good to see this is being attended to. However it begs the question, who is paying for it - the design doesn't work. If the construction was defective, the contractor would put it right, surely if the design is defective the designer's PI should kick in.

There's a new >>tender notice<< by Donegal County Council - again relating to legal services for the N14/N15 to A5 Link, but nothing about the N56 this time - the deadline is later this month. They must be serious about this scheme!

Regards!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It may be that the A5 will be extended a tad further south than proposed earlier this year....in order to hook up with this bridge. Of the selected A5 portions one was to end around Strabane and perhaps we now know where.

The NI contractor has been allocated a scheme from Derry-Sion Mills where they say they will build from Derry - Strabane for now see Wesleys site here.

This would mean the contractors, Balfour Beatty/BAM/FP McCann Joint Venture., are still allocated a tiny stump 1-2 miles long for 'a future date' which seems a bit daft to me.

Roadbridge were allocated Sion Mills - Omagh which has been kicked back into infinity.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0731/breaking41.html

Thursday 6th September 2012 - 1 Notice:

1) Tender: Legal Services for the N15 Blackburn Bridge (Phase 1) Project (Donegal County Council).

#1 - More information relating to the above scheme (notice relates to Phase 1 of same) is available >>here<<. Included are PDFs (scroll down) and other useful information. The scheme in total is for 4.5km approx' of mostly Type 1 SC (one section will not include hard shoulders due to the close proximity of development) - the notice relates to 2.4km of this. It is also stated that the >>N13/N15 Ballybofey/Stranorlar Bypass<< would be the ultimate replacement for the said stretch of road, but due to the current funding constraints, the scheme which the notice relates to would be the interim solution, given the poor safety record with the current alignment. I must say that Donegal CC seem to have a nice >>section<< on major road projects! :)

Regards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

the NRA are beginning to tackle one of the worst stretches of National Road in the country.

10/09/2012
    Invitation to Tender : N16 Cornacloy to Sradrine Realignment Scheme - Phase 1 (1.1km)

I drove it a few weeks back and was shocked at how bad it is for a national road. The worst part is extremely windy and there's about 8km of road there thats less windy but still is pure hateful driving.

Map of the stretch likely to be eliminated after all phases are completed - phase 1 is the westernmost 1.1km

Monday 10th September 2012 - 1 Notice:
    the NRA are beginning to tackle one of the worst stretches of National Road in the country.

10/09/2012
    Invitation to Tender : N16 Cornacloy to Sradrine Realignment Scheme - Phase 1 (1.1km)

I drove it a few weeks back and was shocked at how bad it is for a national road. The worst part is extremely windy and there's about 8km of road there thats less windy but still is pure hateful driving.

Map of the stretch likely to be eliminated after all phases are completed - phase 1 is the westernmost 1.1km

I tried to dig up more information on the scheme, but to no avail - even here!

Many thanks to munchkin_utd for the above and the map reference.

Regards!

• Advertisement

Monday 10th September 2012 - 1 Notice:

I tried to dig up more information on the scheme, but to no avail - even here!

Many thanks to munchkin_utd for the above and the map reference.

Regards!
    The map is my creation from the info in the tender but it tallies with the info the minister released at the start of the year on minor schemes in planning that has the total length of the realignment at 3.5 km
    http://www.merrionstreet.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/2012-Minor-Works-at-Planning-stage1.pdf

Wednesday 12th September 2012 - 1 Notice:

1) Tender: Navan - Kingscourt Greenway Project (Navan - Kingscourt Greenway/Cycleway Committee).

#1 - Just to clarify, the above notice relates to a feasibility study for the greenway, rather than its construction. The greenway would follow the route of the disused Navan to Kingscourt railway line - AFAIK, this line has been closed for a few years now. Only Tara Mines uses any of the former Drogheda to Kingscourt (via Navan) goods line - hence, only the section from Drogheda to Navan is used. Both the gypsum factory in Kingscourt and Platin cement works Southwest of Drogheda have switched entirely to road freight. Another interesting thing is that the Dún na Rí Forest Park is located very close to Kingscourt - hopefully, the greenway (if constructed) will link up directly with this beautiful amenity.

Regards!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭jsn.peters

Is this the junction at the graveyard & Harry Reynolds road ? if it is any ideas if they will be putting in a filter lane turning left off the naul road on onto the Harry Reynolds road going towards the Garda Station

Tuesday 18/09/2012

1) N55 Corduff to South of Killydoon Topographical Survey Contract

2) Carlow Southern Relief Road - N80 to Link Road Roundabout (Ballinacarrig)

#1 "A topographical survey is required for the preliminary design of the N55 realignment in County Cavan etc etc etc."
    a ) this is the missing link that would complete the upgrade from south of Ballinagh to the Longford county bounds linking the section just opened a couple of weeks back to the section that is currently being worked on near Mullaghoran pitch.
    b ) with this tender we now know exactly what stage this upgrade is at, compared to the mysterious other previous projects led by Cavan County Council that suddenly end up being tendered to be built with no prior warning at all !

#2 theres 1 800m section and lots of "lots" of other tiny 20m bits and bobs of crosses and whatnot

jsn.peters wrote: »
    Is this the junction at the graveyard & Harry Reynolds road ? if it is any ideas if they will be putting in a filter lane turning left off the naul road on onto the Harry Reynolds road going towards the Garda Station

If you were reading a notice regarding Naul Road / Harry Reynold's Road, then yes - it's the junction at the graveyard. I've really no idea what the layout is going to be - I can't get my hands on anything! :( In any case, anything has got to be better than what's there now - right turn filters are very badly needed there.

Thursday 27th September 2012 - 1 Notice:

1) Tender: N55 Corduff to South of Killydoon Ground Investigation Contract (Cavan County Council).

#1 - It's difficult to get any detailed information on the above scheme, but here's an >>article relating to a dispute with land owners<< (16/06/2010) in relation to CPOs. Presumably, this issue was resolved one way or another - to me, it's just another example of the problems associated with land ownership and its place in the 21st century - all land should be publically owned and leased to private interests - that way, the land belongs to the people and that the common good takes precedence in the event of any environmental change.

Regards!

1 - Tender - N70 Pilot Delineation Project

2 - Tender - Construction of Footpath in Batterstown, Dunboyne, County Meath

#1 "The N70 Pilot Delineation Project comprises the construction of Boundary Treatment Works and Pull-in Areas at 4 pilot locations on the N70 Ring of Kerry to include the following:
    - Construction of high containment kerbing
    - Construction of a raised verge
    - Construction of hazard markings
    - Construction of new unreinforced and reinforced stone walls
    - Increasing the height of existing walls
    - Construction of a concrete footpath
    - Removal of existing concrete barrier
    - Supply and installation of regulatory and warning signage.
    - Installation of road markings and road studs
    - Construction of road pavement at pull-in areas
    "
    NOTE: It'll be interesting to see what they've planned here. Is it the really small 1 or 2 vehicle pull in areas on the cliff faces or is it the larger ones like at ladys view which are getting a make over.

#2 - "Construction of a 2m wide flexible pavement footpath of approximatey 486m long in Batterstown, Dunboyne Co. Meath "
    NOTE: just including this as an example of basic basic simple cheap infrastructure that should have been as much a priority during the boom as inter urban motorways and other major projects that costed many billions in total. Simple projects like this can transform the lives of pensioners, kids and the normal citizen in that they are now connected to their village safely by foot rather than (for safetys sake) needing to drive or have someone else pick them up and drive them to the local village.

its very quiet on the Road Tender front. (on the positive lots of schools seem to be getting works tendered so good for jobs now and good for kids in a year or 2!)

24th October 2012 :
    1 - Contract Notice - N56 Leitirmacaward to Glenties - Land Conveyance and Legal Services
    2 - Contract Notice - N56 Leitirmacaward to Glenties - Land & Property Valuation Services

#1 - The Project involves the widening and realignment of 15.8km of National Secondary Route on the N56 from Leitirmacaward village to Kilraine, south of Glenties in County Donegal. The existing road is sub standard and it is proposed to construct a Type 3 Single Carriageway which will be partly online and partly offline.
    The Consultant will be required to provide all land and property valuation services necessary for the acquisition of the lands for the N56 Leitirmacaward to Glenties Road Scheme which are included in the Donegal County Council N56 Leitirmacaward to Glenties (Kilraine) Compulsory Purchase Order, 2011. These services include, but are not limited to, all land and property valuation services, assessment of claims submitted in response to Notice to Treat, negotiation & settlement of claims, assessment & arbitration services

• Advertisement

EU funding is available for that N56 scheme if started quickly. Chronically badly needed.

folks IMPORTANT NEWS!

All old eTenders links to tenders now appear to be broken as the tendering website has moved across to a new website
    https://irl.eu-supply.com/ctm/Supplier/PublicTenders

Bugger. Well spotted :(

The Gweebarra scheme on the N56 has a name

N56 Boyoughter to Kilkenny Road Scheme

https://irl.eu-supply.com/app/rfq/publicpurchase_frameset.asp?PID=53080&B=&PS=1&PP=ctm/Supplier/publictenders ( new etender link format)

I thought they were taking out the bad bend at Maas too.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    I thought they were taking out the bad bend at Maas too.

Its in the EIS (definitively in it as I remember them mentioning needing to CPO the long closed Maas Inn) - all the way to Cannons S/S at Glenties from memory. Must be cutting the scheme in to even more parcels. I'll compare the EIS to the length on that tender later.

It is possible they'd already done the geotech for the Glenties-Maas section.

This useless new etenders site has no document acrchive at all save where award notices are submitted. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Wednesday 11th April 2012 - 2
    2) Tender: Naul Road Upgrade (Fingal County Council).

I know this is from a few months ago now but does anyone know where I could get the plans/drawings for this upgrade.

I can only come across this, which has references to the documents

http://www.mytenders.ie/search/show/search_view.aspx?ID=APR328755

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Seems to be here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

spacetweek wrote: »
    Seems to be here.

Cheers, It is indeed there alright.

Was looking for the plans/drawings. Work is ongoing at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Quickelles

antoobrien wrote: »

Thanks Anto...but it seems I must tender to build the road in order to see the drawings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

10/09/2012

Drove this part of the N16 today and it's brutal however I notice a lot of work is going on 10k outside of Blacklion. Is that the above road? About time the N16 got some improvements, very poor national road but yet quite busy.

EDIT: I don't see anything on the NRA site either.... Found an article about the road here http://www.sligotoday.ie/details.php?id=23169

• Advertisement

Its been underway for a while, noticed it a while back and was going to post but managed to forget entirely...

still going to be a woeful road, the improvement schemes its had are rarely more than 1km in length.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

MYOB wrote: »
    still going to be a woeful road, the improvement schemes its had are rarely more than 1km in length.

Woeful and down right dangerous spring to mind when I drive that section of the road. Been doing it quite a lot recently and dread meeting a tractor because for large sections it's impossible to overtake without putting your life at risk!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cllr. eugene cassidy

Just to let you know that the feasability study is complete and that we are progressing to a part 8 which is the planning stage. The feasability study shows that it will cost 2 million to construct but will generate 5.9 million per annum in the local economy...it is a no brainer really !!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Quickelles

Just to let you know that the feasability study is complete and that we are progressing to a part 8 which is the planning stage. The feasability study shows that it will cost 2 million to construct but will generate 5.9 million per annum in the local economy...it is a no brainer really !!!!!!

Which scheme are you referring to, it's unclear? :confused:

I refer to the dis-used rail line between Navan and Kingscourt, It is now called the Boyne Valley to Lakelands Greenway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Might be helpful to link to the feasability study Eugene. If those figures are true then that's an amazing cost:benefit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I refer to the dis-used rail line between Navan and Kingscourt, It is now called the Boyne Valley to Lakelands Greenway.

How does this relate to tenders for roads? Methinks your in the wrong forum/thread.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Are they going to re-open the line as a greenway or as a new railway??

Everything falling in to place it will open as a greenway with an agreement between Meath/Cavan CC and CIE that will give CIE the option to return it to a rail line if ever they intend to. No funding is available for this amazing amenity but I am very confident that it will.It will be a fantastic amenity not only for Meath/Cavan but Dublin and the surrounding counties

It will be going up on the Meath CC website very soon. Make sure you look at the business case for this greenway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

It will be going up on the Meath CC website very soon. Make sure you look at the business case for this greenway.

Please post a link here when it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 iprimrose

The feasibility report for the Boyne Valley to Lakelands County Greenway is now available to view in three parts on the Meath County Council website at:

Part 1: http://www.meath.ie/media/Media,53398,en.pdf
    Part 2: http://www.meath.ie/media/Media,53399,en.pdf
    Part 3: http://www.meath.ie/media/Media,53400,en.pdf

Frequent project updates will be available on the Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/BoyneValleyToLakesCountyGreenway) and on Twitter (@bvtolcgreenway)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Limerick74

I see Cork County Council have recently advertised on etenders for Consultants to progress the N28 scheme through the EIA and planning process. Closing date for prequalification is the 6th September.

Limerick74 wrote: »
    I see Cork County Council have recently advertised on etenders for Consultants to progress the N28 scheme through the EIA and planning process. Closing date for prequalification is the 6th September.

Isn't it suspended?
    What is the situation these days with suspended schemes? Can they still be progressed through the planning system?

This scheme does not appear to be suspended any more as the consultant's brief is to publish the EIS and go for planning.

Isn't it suspended?
    What is the situation these days with suspended schemes? Can they still be progressed through the planning system?

The suspended list turned out to be a fiction, some of the schemes on it are under construction with others having gone to CPO and site clearance.

I see that Limerick County Council has advertised on etenders for consultants on the Foynes to Limerick Road Improvement Scheme.

Limerick74 wrote: »
    I see that Limerick County Council has advertised on etenders for consultants on the Foynes to Limerick Road Improvement Scheme.
    What's in scope for that?

What's in scope for that?

From eTenders:

Short description
    Foynes to Limerick Road Improvement Scheme - Engineering Consultancy Services
    Detailed description
    Limerick County Council requires multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy services in relation to the Foynes to Limerick Road Improvement Scheme. The scheme objective is to provide a high quality road to connect the Port of Foynes with the M7/N18 at Limerick. The existing N69 National Secondary Road connects Foynes to Limerick along approximately 32km of single carriageway. The commission is to advance the development of the proposed road to completion of Phase 1 (Feasibility), Phase 2 (Route Selection), Phase 3 (Design) and Phase 4 (EIA/EAR & The Statutory Processes) of the National Roads Authority Project Management Guidelines 2010. The multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy services now required may include some or all of the following; preliminary road and bridge design, traffic studies to include for traffic modelling/assessment, environmental studies (including the preparation of an Environmental Impact Statement), Appropriate Assessment including preparation of Natura Impact Statement (NIS), assisting client with procurement of topographical and ground investigation surveys, archaeological investigation, economic assessment, fulfilling the role of PSDP, risk assessments, value engineering and statutory procedures for land acquisition.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Tender gone out for ground investigation as part of the N6 Galway City Outer Bypass scheme:

https://irl.eu-supply.com/app/rfq/publicpurchase_frameset.asp?PID=93079&B=&PS=1&PP=ctm/Supplier/publictenders

Advertisement