Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

AEDIC wrote: »
    Anyone else immediately think 'that's what he is telling you' when they saw this?

Well, no, as I'd be more receptive to them than him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Quorum wrote: »
    I don't tend to let awards tell me when to laugh or not. Awards or no awards, comedy is subjective. 'The IT Crowd' can't touch 'Black Books' and 'Father Ted'.

And yes, awards are opinion. Not all judges agree, or voters, so yeah, opinion.

I love Ted but IT Crowd made me laugh more - so yes, I do agree. It's a subjective thing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭an langer

I hate tea, but I love coffee. Anytime I call into a house and am asked will I have a cup of tea, when I say I hate tea, they look at me like I'm a mad b@stard.

Then the shīt jar of coffee comes out from the back of the cupboard, usually maxwell house or some out of date stuff gone off. When they make coffee, it's usually a tiny spoon of it and half a mug of milk - disgusting.

Love being in real coffee drinking countries where the coffee is fierce strong and tasty, in my experience Austria has been the best for a really nice cup of coffee :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Yarghhh

Father Ted isn't really all that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 26 kayotic18

Yarghhh wrote: »
    Father Ted isn't really all that.....

watched 3/4's of an episode beside the girlfriend who likes it, I didn't even grin once

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Imelda may is sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Unpopular opinions, people...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Hang over 2 is not all that funny...at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Leonard Cohen is a dull chap - dull voice, dull lyrics, dull persona. I've tried to see what it is that appeals, but I'm at a loss.

Also the plethora of hipster ponces who assemble to pay homage to the man at Kilmainham gives me an urge to call in a missile strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

1ZRed wrote: »
    Hang over 2 is not all that funny...at all!

First one was nothing to write home about either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Leonard Cohen is a dull chap - dull voice, dull lyrics, dull persona. I've tried to see what it is that appeals, but I'm at a loss.

Also the plethora of hipster ponces who assemble to pay homage to the man at Kilmainham gives me an urge to call in a missile strike.

I'm soooooorta with you but more in that I really like his music, but liked it before Irish people jumped on the "Leonard is cool" bandwagon...and now I just resent them in a childish, "I liked him first" kinda way, because I think a lot of them like him for the sake of liking someone alternative and deep and poetic and stuff. Give half of them one of his old books of poetry and see if it holds the same appeal ;)

Yamanoto wrote: »

I don't really rate his stuff after the 60s (apart from "I'm Your Man") I liked his songs because they were unlike anything else I was used to hearing. I'm not a massive fan but yeah, I think he's unique.

Prefer Scott Walker if it came down to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

The Great Barrier Reef is not so great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I have Kylie Minogue on my iPod
    Some Girls Aloud too

Upbeat catchy music to put me in a good mood :)

The music snobs will laugh at me but that's all I want

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

think that is quite a popular opinion:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

Zooey Deschanel is overrated all the time looks wise.

Except in Elf, where she's blonde and sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Had to Youtube that lad as I'd never heard him.

Bland and inoffensive, not bad but clearly aimed at young girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

Surely not unpopular? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

PandaX9 wrote: »
    Zooey Deschanel is overrated all the time looks wise.

Except in Elf, where she's blonde and sexy.

Don't talk about my future wife like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭PandaX9

I'm sorry but in the whole Zoey Deschanel vs Katy Perry vs Emily Blunt debate... Emily Blunt would win every time, hands down. She just oozes sex appeal. And that accent mmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

George Best, seen as a legend but irresponsible and selfish

Received a liver transplant in 2002 as he had destroyed his own but ok, he gets a second chance

And then goes back drinking.

There are long waiting lists for transplants and many die before they ever get the call.

He got a second chance and didn't appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

People who only eat kebabs when drunk are strange to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Samsung S series are way way better.

The GAA are a crowd of money hungry fu¢kers.
    Grab All Association

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Zoolander is awesome though so they get some forgiveness!
    Mugatu is one of the greatest villains in the history of cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Every few years mostly in Africa a country suffers from Famine or great Disease. I think nature is wonderful it has a way of tell humankind that something is quiet not right. We have a mostly dry continent with millions of people trying to live or exist there which in most regions is not sustainable. Its not a question of letting the people who are now living to die is more a question should people be living in a certain region anyway. Take away the emotional side, if you save a few million people in an area that they shouldn't/couldn't possibly survive in then it just prolongs the suffering for the next generation. I don't have the answer but surely there has to be a better way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Wompa1 wrote: »
    The Great Barrier Reef is not so great

Unless your a fish and its your home:D

Every few years mostly in Africa a country suffers from Famine or great Disease. I think nature is wonderful it has a way of tell humankind that something is quiet not right. We have a mostly dry continent with millions of people trying to live or exist there which in most regions is not sustainable. Its not a question of letting the people who are now living to die is more a question should people be living in a certain region anyway. Take away the emotional side, if you save a few million people in an area that they shouldn't/couldn't possibly survive in then it just prolongs the suffering for the next generation. I don't have the answer but surely there has to be a better way.

Also; see colonialism, mineral exploitation, corrupt leadership, global warming etc - and what happens to people when they try to leave all that behind and start a new life elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Humans originate in Africa

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement