Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Division 4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

matthew8 wrote: »
    I think it's less of a big call than drafting a RB. It's far less risky. The bottom line is Brees throws for a ton of yards and TDs. Graham is his favourite target, and he really only has 2 big ones this year, no one other than Colston and him should top 800 yards.

Obviously he is an elite TE, and a beast, just not used to seeing TE's going in the first. Their numbers are trending upwards though, and are rarer than WR's so I can see the point.

I enjoyed that aspect of the draft this year - WR's. QB's TE and RB's all going in the first round. It makes it more interesting than all the RB's jumping off the board followed by the WR etc. With the way the NFL is turning (has turned) to the pass RB's definitely do not have the value they used hold, that said, I did use my first 2 picks on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

Well Auto draft was kind enough to me drafting 12

R1 - Dareen Mcfadden - Happy out:)
    R2 - Jamaal Charles - decent RB 1&2
    R3 - Dez Bryant - Hope the Bodygaurds are up to task
    R4 - Aaron Hernadez - Still cant figure out if this is a steal or a reach
    R5 - Denarious Moore - He has a dodgey hamstring and Palmer as QB not sure on this one
    R6 - Titus Young - hopefully megatron sees a lot of triple coverage
    R7 - Ryan Williams - the RB situation in Arizona is not great but its the 7th round so cant whinge much
    R8 - Rashad Jennings - If only MJD continued his holdout
    R9 - Russel Wilson - hopefully he is more Cam Newton than Blaine Gabbert
    R10 - Brandon Lafell - not a bad WR4 option
    R11 - Randall Cobb - Who? WR from Greenbay apparently.:confused:
    R12 - Kyle Rudoulph - Decent backup TE
    R13 - Jason Hanson - Kicker, in a dome at least
    R14 - Redskins - Defence, don't know why I let it pick a defence:(

All in all the poor QB situation outstanding I cant complain too much. Picks 5 & 7 seem pretty week at this stage but you never know what might happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Picking 7th.

1. Cam Newton QB
    2. Wes Welker WR
    3. Darren Sproles RB
    4. Jeremy Maclin WR
    5. Jonathan Stewart RB
    6. Darrius Heyward-Bey WR
    7. Brandon Pettigrew TE
    8. Shane Vereen RB
    9. Kendall Wright WR
    10. Felix Jones RB
    11. Ryan Fitzpatrick QB
    12. Brian Quick WR
    13. Buffalo Bills DEF
    14. Lawrence Tynes K

Not very happy with my team. Picking order went against me, the guys I liked always seemed to go a pick or two before me, and I was left picking the best of bunch I didn't like.

Picks #1 and #2 have some risk, which is never great at those positions. Newton with just one year under his belt could see a sophomore slump. Welker 31, in a contract year, on a team with some new receiving options. Two guys who possibly over-achieved last year.

Happy enough to get Sproles at #3.

Round #4 was a bit of a sickener, Aaron Hernandez, Mike Wallace and Dwayne Bowe all on the board with 4 or 5 picks to go, and I would've happily taken any of the 3. The 3 of them went (two on autopick) and the best I was left with was Maclin, which I had ranked a level below.

Didn't realise Jonathan Stewart was carrying an injury at #5, but doesn't seem to be too serious.

Thought I got some OK value further down, but it's not going to make up for a questionable top 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

1. Arian Foster
    2. Steve Smith (Carolina)
    3. Brandon Marshall
    4. Frank Gore
    5. Steve Johnson
    6. Robert Griffin III
    7. Tony Gonzalez
    8. New York Jets
    9. Sebastian Janikowski
    10. Alfred Morris
    11. Andy Dalton
    12. Steve Smith (Rams)
    13. Ronnie Hillman
    14. Leonard Hankerson

Missed my draft for the second year in a row. No internet where I am. Only after getting it back now. Also I put no preferences in place or anything. Don't think I fluked it like last year but my team is kind of okay, I think.

Anyone on here care to critique it for me? My knowledge of the players in the game is lacking at the moment.

I did that team evaluater thing and my weakness was at QB and strengths at RB.

I really hope Marshall can do it this year. Had him last year and he drove me bonkers at times. He had the most dropped passes in the league at one stage I think.

Oh yea and it appears I was drafting first which I'm ****ing raging over. I could have done much better with the draft.

slowharry wrote: »
    R4 - Aaron Hernadez - Still cant figure out if this is a steal or a reach
    Ah, it was you then, I had him as a steal at that position.
    R11 - Randall Cobb - Who? WR from Greenbay apparently.:confused:
    This guy:

Rookie last year, nice sleeper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Anyone on here care to critique it for me? My knowledge of the players in the game is lacking at the moment.
    Here we go.
    1. Arian Foster
    I won't complain about picking Foster really, but I would've picked Rodgers. No one has ever been disappointed after drafting Rodgers.
    2. Steve Smith (Carolina)
    I would be inclined to go RB around here, but not a bad pick by any means.
    3. Brandon Marshall
    Jay Cutler is one of my "guys", and so is Brandon Marshall. Good choice.
    4. Frank Gore
    I think his legs are gone, but I suppose it was like pick 63 and you needed another RB.
    5. Steve Johnson
    Legit pick.
    6. Robert Griffin III
    Ditto.
    7. Tony Gonzalez
    Ditto.
    8. New York Jets
    This I don't like. I prefer the Eagles who I got in like the 12th.
    9. Sebastian Janikowski
    Fine pick.
    10. Alfred Morris
    I won't blame you after drafting a potential starter in the 10th, but I would never draft a Skins RB because I would get migraines and wouldn't be able to sleep thinking who'll start.
    11. Andy Dalton
    Bang on. It's not a spectacular pick, but exactly what the doctor ordered.
    12. Steve Smith (Rams)
    Hey, Bradford has to throw to somebody, right?
    13. Ronnie Hillman
    14. Leonard Hankerson
    Dunno. Not questioning the picks just dunno.

Here we go...

Thanks very much. I would probably have picked Rodgers alright had I been online for the draft.

Gonna have to take a look at available players and maybe even dip into the trading market.

Hopefully it'll be enough to get me a promotion again.

There's no question about me making next years draft. I can't miss it three years in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

1. Aaron Rodgers RB
    2. Trent Richardson RB
    3. Ahmad Bradshaw RB
    4. Vernon Davis TE
    5. Reggie Wayne WR
    6. Greg Little WR
    7. San Holmes WR
    8. LeGarrett Blount RB
    9. Sideny Rice WR
    10. Nate Burleson WR
    11. New York Giants
    12. Blaine Gabbert QB
    13. Owen Daniels TE
    14. Ryan Succop K

Overall im happy enough with last night, was over the moon i got Rodgers at 3rd pick. In 4 years playing i've never had an amazing QB.

Satisfied with my 3 RB's too.

I could have done a little better on WR but what can you do.

I know projections are rubbish but down for a 131 - 110 victory for week one.

Go Cheetahs.....

And a website that rates your team:
    http://subscribers.footballguys.com/rate-my-team/team.php?team=8CC22J978eC6 Edit this team and put in yours to get an analysis.

Thanks for the link, I checked out the Zebras and according to the site with only average in-season management I have a 79% chance of making the playoffs. They are obviously unaware of my poor in season management skills.

jester1980 wrote: »
    I know projections are rubbish but down for a 131 - 110 victory for week one.

Go Cheetahs.....

Yea you're right. Projections mean nothing. I'll win that match 120 - 100. Rodgers to throw 7 interceptions and Foster to run in 5 TDs.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the link, I checked out the Zebras and according to the site with only average in-season management I have a 79% chance of making the playoffs. They are obviously unaware of my poor in season management skills.

I entered mine into that, it said with great in-season management, I'd have a 50% chance of making the playoffs :)

There are 4 different models of projections on that website, but the analysis is the same.

I've had a look around and the Blue Bloods, Zamunda Zebras and the Moyross Piebalds are struggling for depth at QB and have a couple spare WRs. My situation is the opposite, I have Matt Cassel and Matt Schaub, both of which are good backups for a 16-team league, and I only need one of them. Are any of your WRs up for grabs?

Of all those teams the Zebras are the most obvious partners with Wilson starting and no backup, the player who interests me most is Titus Young and I'd be willing to do a Schaub/Young trade. On the blue Bloods only Blackmon would interest me

Considering Young was picked just 3 spots ahead of Cutler as opposed to 2 rounds ahead of Shaub, what about a Young for Cutler trade.

Considering Young was picked just 3 spots ahead of Cutler as opposed to 2 rounds ahead of Shaub, what about a Young for Cutler trade.

That's the problem. Cutler is nearly untradeable for me, and Young is the only WR I'd be interested in. So I guess we can't deal.

That's the problem. Cutler is nearly untradeable for me, and Young is the only WR I'd be interested in. So I guess we can't deal.

Denarius Moore is injured (hamstring) so I'm not really too keen to offload any WR's untill his situation clears up.

Hi All,

I see a trade has been proposed - it looks like we can vote for or against the trade on the website. Is this what we want going forward.

If so, I will be voting strongly against it as it looks ridiculously one-sided to me. Again, I'm not sure if we need to give reasons etc, or is that going to be perceived as unfair on the people involved in the trade?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

poldebruin wrote: »
    Hi All,

I see a trade has been proposed - it looks like we can vote for or against the trade on the website. Is this what we want going forward.

If so, I will be voting strongly against it as it looks ridiculously one-sided to me. Again, I'm not sure if we need to give reasons etc, or is that going to be perceived as unfair on the people involved in the trade?

Completely agree... I will be voting against the trade for the same reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

What's the trade?

Ray Rice (RB - BAL)
    Eli Manning (QB - NYG)
    DeSean Jackson (WR - PHI)

For

Peyton Hillis (RB - KC)
    Marcedes Lewis (TE - JAC)
    Andrew Luck (QB - IND)
    Justin Blackmon (WR - JAC)

• Advertisement

Seeing as I'm playing the golf bravos this week that looks like a perfectly reasonable trade. But seriously Lewis is waiver wire fodder, Rice is a 5 round upgrade on Hillis, Manning is a 3 round upgrade on Luck, and Jackson is around a 3 round upgrade on Blackmon too. I'll try to get in touch with the golf bravos and see what's going on. Another problematic aspect is that Eli Manning is playing tonight, and the trade ie pending for saturday morning, so I don't know how that would work.

Can the league GM veto a trade?

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Can the league GM veto a trade?

I'm think I can, but I think it could be cancelled automatically because Golf Bravos are trading a starter.

I'm fairly sure a GM isn't supposed to be able to veto a trade. That's what the league wide vote is for, kinda defeats the purpose of that if you can.

Masked Man wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure a GM isn't supposed to be able to veto a trade. That's what the league wide vote is for, kinda defeats the purpose of that if you can.

There has to be some protection against an obviously one-sided trade like this. There's no guarantee all league owners will check in on their team before Saturday, meaning they may not have the opportunity to vote...

There has to be some protection against an obviously one-sided trade like this. There's no guarantee all league owners will check in on their team before Saturday, meaning they may not have the opportunity to vote...

The protection is I can say to the owners that the trade is unfair and they must reverse it. I'll give them a chance to come on here and explain why the trade was made. I know this trade has been in the works since draft night, and tbh I think someone made a mistake with the offer or something.

The protection is the league wide vote. It's your responsibility to check, it's your league.
    The protection is I can say to the owners that the trade is unfair and they must reverse it. I'll give them a chance to come on here and explain why the trade was made. I know this trade has been in the works since draft night, and tbh I think someone made a mistake with the offer or something.

As far as I can see a trade can't be reversed once it's accepted.

No, but you can ask the two owners nicely to back it out. Of course, if the players have played before it's spotted it's a bit of a mess.

On another note, can we dip into the waiver/FA pool yet, after the basking in the glow of my team after the draft, it has lost some of it's lustre!

Well they can reverse the trade, it would just have to be a manual reversal.

On another note, I mentioned this in the draft too, there's obviously no rule, but I would really appreciate it if every team had an avatar. It only takes like 30 seconds to set one and it gives off the impression of a more active league. Any avatar will do.

• Advertisement

No, but you can ask the two owners nicely to back it out.

How? I'm looking at a pending trade I'm involved in in Div 3 and I don't see a way to cancel it. You'd have to ask them to trade back, which really sucks and could easily lead to problems. Or maybe get a GM to take control of the team and make the trades, but that seems like a bad idea.

League wide vote is the only way to stop a trade going through afaik.

Advertisement