Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Division 4 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Got a win by the skin of my teeth last night, needed 9 from Rodgers and got 10. Too close for my liking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

slowharry wrote: »
    Delighted to get my first and hopefully not last win of the year. I won by 3.8 points thanks to the last play of the game and the dodgy refs last night.

The Bray Broncos must be sick this morning

not as sick as the packers fans. that really was a shocking decision, but the seahawks look great on D,

now just need cj spiller injury news to be positive and that will make up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Yea it'd have been crazy benching Brady.

Basically you need 40 points from the Seahawks D and from Lynch. It's not completely out of the question. All you need is for Rodgers to have a really poor game and for the GB D to give away a lot of running yards :P.

Really sick I benched Smith now, I would have won :(

If only I hadn't looked at the news on Sunday morning...oh, well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Benimar wrote: »
    Really sick I benched Smith now, I would have won :(

If only I hadn't looked at the news on Sunday morning...oh, well.

Thankfully you did look at it. I'm now the only unbeaten team. I'm gonna revel in that accolade for the next week, which is probably all it'll last for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

1-2 now which sucks, hopefully Garcon can return and help, but Jay Cutler and Steven Jackson are the ones killing my team. Might start Schaub against the Titans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

jester1980 wrote: »
    Got a win by the skin of my teeth last night, needed 9 from Rodgers and got 10. Too close for my liking.

Ya b*stard, you robbed me!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

I've been offered Romo for Hernandez not to keen on having Romo and Bryant but will probably accept the trade unless I get a better offer

Is Hernandez not injured?

NFL.com projections...I know these are to be taken with a pinch of salt, but they have my 3 average WR corps going for 41 points this week. Really is ridiculous. I don't think they have 41 pioints between them on the season so far.

On another note, I can see that Blue Bloods team is full/complete at the moment, but the last activity is Sept 11. In preperation for the bye weeks that are upcoming, can we get confirmation that the owner is still active?

(Golf Bravos last activity is Sept 16th)

• Advertisement

Hernadez is out for a couple of weeks and I need help now anyone with some depth interested in picking him up. I'm actually not too bad at TE but all other areas need help.

He's definitely injured alright!

Considering Romo is on a bye on week 5, I would only have Romo available for this week against Chicago and I'd like to see what shape Hernandez is in heading into week 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Got lucky last week, getting a win with 65 points. I have Maclin and Jonathan Stewart returning this week so hope to do better. And I see my nemesis Julian Edelman is out (he's been taking targets from Welker), so hoping to get more from Welker.

Thinking of benching my first round pick Cam Newton for Ryan Fitzpatrick (Newton @ Atlanta, Fitzpatrick vs. Pats). And with Heyward-Bey out, planning to roll the dice with waiver-wire pickup Andrew Hawkins. He's had some very long touchdown receptions, but isn't targeted as much as other receivers, so a bit of a gamble.

Looks I'm going to lose my first match.

Haven't seen any of the matches but my players have performed way below par. Alfred Morris has more points than Arian Foster and he still has another quarter to go. Not sure how that managed to happen.

The Jets result killed me, but the one that did the most damage was when the Steves, Johnson and Smith, combined for a total of 6.5 points in comparison to my opponent having Roddy White and Bowe with their 45.7 points.

Oh yea and my TE got 13 points less than his.

This was a terrible day for me. I should still be top of the table but I really need to get a bit more luck next week.

With a quarter of the season is finished with my Zebras in a 1 & 3 hole and a lot of players on bye week (particularly WR's) so I went shopping on the waiver wire. I was hoping to get Hixon but happy enough to get Colts receiver T.Y Hilton.

Also picked up Tebow - as a Pats fan I'm going to be sick cheering for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I've been offered Romo for Hernandez not to keen on having Romo and Bryant but will probably accept the trade unless I get a better offer

I'm gutted you didnt accept, that was my chance to save my season after a disasterous autopick draft.

I knew you had a bad QB situation and i had two "decent" qbs in Romo and Palmer.

I hate Romo, he is useless, stupid autopick picked him the 3rd, that basically ruin any chance of a good season. That trade propsal was my 3rd attempt to trade him. Also my autopick, picked Benie Wells in the 4th, who is now on IR and notched up an entire 10pts in 4 weeks.

I already had a TE in Gates but my plan was trade Romo for Hernandez. Start Palmer and sit Hernandex on the bench for 2/3 weeks (i was expecting him back earlier than people expected) once he started practising again, i'd actively start shopping him or Gates for a starting RB. Hernandez is back training today :mad:

Would you have had accepted had Romo not been on a bye week this week?

Hazys wrote: »
    I already had a TE in Gates but my plan was trade Romo for Hernandez. Start Palmer and sit Hernandex on the bench for 2/3 weeks (i was expecting him back earlier than people expected) once he started practising again, i'd actively start shopping him or Gates for a starting RB. Hernandez is back training today :mad:

Would you have had accepted had Romo not been on a bye week this week?

I had just read a report that Hernandez was healing well but I still need a QB so it was really already having a disappointing Bryant at WR along with the bye week that I turned it down.

Apart from my QB situation auto draft picked pretty much the team I would have drafted myself, but its nice to be able to blame things other than myself.

• Advertisement

I had just read a report that Hernandez was healing well but I still need a QB so it was really already having a disappointing Bryant at WR along with the bye week that I turned it down.

Apart from my QB situation auto draft picked pretty much the team I would have drafted myself, but its nice to be able to blame things other than myself.

My team is so sh1t compared to the team i had last year. Last year when i picked myself, I ended up with 4 starting RBs, this year i have one starting RB on my roster.

Who owns the Green Bay Slackers? They left 2 inactive WRs against me who were long declared out. Which makes me pretty relieved I only need 5 points from Graham/Novak to win tonight.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Who owns the Green Bay Slackers? They left 2 inactive WRs against me who were long declared out. Which makes me pretty relieved I only need 5 points from Graham/Novak to win tonight.

You lucky boy :D. If he had even just played the 1 WR on his bench he would have won!

On another note, unless the Houston Kicker and D combine for 42 points, I will be 3-2. The significance of this is that, in my 2nd year in the league, I will have my 1st ever winning record :D

I think I've gotten really lucky. Left RG3 in and he got a grand total of 4 points.

Thankfully Morris, Gonzalez and Marshall decided to turn up.

I have Foster and the Jets D left and he has some WR for the Texans. I should win this week but it was far too close for my liking.

How about them Cheetahs,

Fantastic scoring from my top 4 draft picks for a combined 98 Points.

4 and 1 :D

• Advertisement

Anyone looking for a TE wants to swap for a decent WR let me know?

Hey team better than awesome. Interested in getting rid of Tony Romo? I'm interested in getting rid of Steven Jackson.

Hey team better than awesome. Interested in getting rid of Tony Romo? I'm interested in getting rid of Steven Jackson.

Offer made

Afraid I may have to decline after Mendenhall went down. If he's down that makes Jackson a starter again.

I get the 4th highest total of the week...and still lose by 34!! Back to 3-3 :(

I looked dead and buried after the early games, but Bradshaw and the Giants with 18 points each got me back in contention before Rodgers ran wild with 39 points :eek:

Cheetahs go 5-1

Week 6 inactive watch: Bray Broncos left Amendola starting despite being inactive and declared out a while ago. Longford Patriots again leaving inactives out there, Brees on a bye and Donald Brown who we all knew would be inactive. Again the Green Bay Slackers left the injured Jennings starting as well as Michael Bush and Laurent Robinson who are on byes. Your teams aren't bad guys, infact the Patriots have a damn good one, so please change them every week.

It's trading season for me now guys so have a look at my roster and you will notice a big lack of star power, but a fair few solid guys (it's a miracle I'm 3-3, if I was half decent I'd be 5-1 or 6-0 considering the opposition's performances). In particular I'm interested in unloading Steven Jackson/BJGE. I might be interested in Jackson for Romo again but only if someone else who wanted Romo (or Cutler for less of an upgrade) would want him for me along with BJGE for a better running back or something. I'm looking at you Zebras, Russell Wilson had a nice day, but that Patriots defense sucks. And you know he won't be putting up big numbers when he isn't playing catchup.

I finally decided to bench RGIII. Of course he goes out and has the best week of his season so far.

4 points last week. 35 this week. Thank **** I wasn't relying on him to win my match.

It's crazy. He scored more points than my opponents whole team managed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Week 6 inactive watch: Bray Broncos left Amendola starting despite being inactive and declared out a while ago. Longford Patriots again leaving inactives out there, Brees on a bye and Donald Brown who we all knew would be inactive. Again the Green Bay Slackers left the injured Jennings starting as well as Michael Bush and Laurent Robinson who are on byes. Your teams aren't bad guys, infact the Patriots have a damn good one, so please change them every week.

Might be time for the commissioner to step in regarding these inactive teams. Otherwise it will begin to affect the balance of the league....

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Might be time for the commissioner to step in regarding these inactive teams. Otherwise it will begin to affect the balance of the league....

Don't worry about the Broncos. Marques Colsten was on a bye and Vincent Brown is IA at the moment. I only have 5 WRs and 3 of them were unavailable this week.

• Advertisement

I put in three trade requests last week, no one confirmed or declined :mad:

I'm looking at you Zebras, Russell Wilson had a nice day, but that Patriots defense sucks. And you know he won't be putting up big numbers when he isn't playing catchup.

Zebras kicked ass last weekend.

I want to get rid of Wilson but I haven't liked what I was offered to date.

For this week Team Awesome have bye and injury issues this weekend so dare I dream of 2 wins in a row.

Zebras kicked ass last weekend.

I want to get rid of Wilson but I haven't liked what I was offered to date.

For this week Team Awesome have bye and injury issues this weekend so dare I dream of 2 wins in a row.

I take it you're not interested in upgrading at QB then? I don't really think Wilson is a star at all, this as someone who dropped him in another 16 team league. He is 24th in QB points after all, and some starters below him have already had byes.

Just PMed Longford Patriots about inactivity. Niall1811 has been active on boards so hopefully he comes back.

I take it you're not interested in upgrading at QB then? I don't really think Wilson is a star at all, this as someone who dropped him in another 16 team league. He is 24th in QB points after all, and some starters below him have already had byes.

I've been offered Shaub early enough and Romo recently.
    Wasn't confident that shaub would be much better than Wilson and he hadn't.

Turned down Romo because I don't want a cowboys qb and wr (I have Bryant) and it was the week before Romos bye.

Would trade Bryant for Romo now or Hernandez for a top half qb

I've been offered Shaub early enough and Romo recently.
    Wasn't confident that shaub would be much better than Wilson and he hadn't.

Turned down Romo because I don't want a cowboys qb and wr (I have Bryant) and it was the week before Romos bye.

Would trade Bryant for Romo now or Hernandez for a top half qb

Dez Bryant on the block? Why didn't you say so? I'd first have to check though that hazys is still up for the Romo trade.

Accepted a trade of Bryant for Romo. It Looks like it doesn't get clearance until Saturday so hopefully all goes well as Wilson is playing the 49ers in the Thursday night game.

Don't really want to get rid of Bryant but at least I will be getting some benefit from his performances with Romo as my QB.

Now I'll be looking to trade for a WR for one of my TE's, in the mean time I just have to hope Josh Gordon isn't a flash in the pan for the browns.

Is there anyone with one top 10 tier but no other good ones who'd like to trade him for Jackson and Law Firm?

The team I'm up against this week has two inactive players starting with two replacements on the bench.

It probably won't make much of a difference. Barring an injury to every one of my players, I should win this one.

Gore got me 18 points on Thursday. Being able to switch between him and Alfred Morris and then have Foster as my #1 RB is brilliant.

Still a little annoyed with my WR situation. My starting 3 are fine (Johnson, Smith and Marshall). It's my back up that I'm worried about. I have Leonard Hankerson and Donald Jones waiting to come on if anything happens to my starters. Really don't want to have to rely on them.

I also have to look into getting some defensive cover in week 9. That is where Jones is handy. I'll just get rid of him and put in some FA defence. That's about all he's useful for.

• Advertisement

Loss by half a point. Once again, if anyone at all in this league is awake, I'd really like to trade a running back or Jimmy Graham. Can't believe Jason Hanson got only one point. Stupid ESPN ranking him as the 2nd best kicker for the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Epic win, by half a point! That game was do-or-die for me, going into it 2-4, at 2-5 I was finished. Needed a miracle going into MNF, 4-point lead, Robbie Gould & Brandon Pettigrew vs. Jay Cutler & Jason Hanson. Got a miracle, Bears near-shutout meant Hanson never took a kick until 30 seconds left. The Bears scored a touchdown on their first drive and ran the ball a lot after that, Cutler finishing with only 125 passing yards.

You got very unlucky matthew8, killer was the Lions fumble in the 3rd quarter....2nd-and-goal from the 1-yard line, Hanson looked certain to score either 1 or 3. They ran a dodgy play where they tried to jump over the pack and fumbled the ball.

I was leading by half-a-point with 5 mins to go, and the Lions had the ball. Up two scores, the Bears were running a prevent defense, and with the Lions in 4-down territory, a touchdown, with an extra point for Hanson looked likely, which would've put you ahead. Then Pettigrew, who hadn't been targeted much all game, got a 10-yard reception. It put me up the crucial 1.5 points. The Lions touchdown came eventually to cut it back to 0.5, but with 30 seconds left they needed to win an onside kick, which they failed to do.

2 wins in a row for the Zebras.

Defeated Team Awesome in a close one. getting no points from my TE or RB2.
    Going for 3 in a row against Team Better Than Awesome which should be more difficult since they are better than awesome not just plain awesome.

2 wins in a row for the Zebras.

Defeated Team Awesome in a close one. getting no points from my TE or RB2.
    Going for 3 in a row against Team Better Than Awesome which should be more difficult since they are better than awesome not just plain awesome.

Do you fancy either of my TE'S??? I have two but dont need both at all.

Ranked third and 5th on points at moment. Owen Daniels and Vernon Davis.

I was due an unlucky loss. My team's point have been shocking so far, 3-4 is probably glorifying my total points. I knew in my heart that playing Hanson wasn't the smart thing. I remember going to bed on Pittsburgh-Cincy after BJGE got 44 yards on Cincy's first drive feeling like the win was secure, 24 more all game. The Bears defense is too good for Cutler to put up great totals, but at least he's found his form (and his legs)

Just proposed a trade to the Klique, me giving BJGE for his Andre Roberts. I have Steven Jackson and Mendenhall at RB while he was Wallace, Andre and Calvin Johnson.

You're lucky Zebras, Team Awesome left the Bears D on the bench.

jester1980 wrote: »
    Do you fancy either of my TE'S??? I have two but dont need both at all.

Ranked third and 5th on points at moment. Owen Daniels and Vernon Davis.

I've Rudolph 6th overall and Hernandez. I went with Rudolph as Hernandez isn't fully fit but he ended up with Zero catches against the Cardinals.

Looking to trade away a TE rather than add won to be honest.

Very lucky that the Bears D ended up on the bench. Even more lucky that gosh Gordon seems to only catches TD's

• Advertisement

Jeez hazys division 4 is a big step up isn't it? Fancy a trade? We may as well both roll the dice.

I'm a happy boy my opponent left Doug Martin on the bench..especially with Rice (whom he started) being on a bye :cool:

Titus Young- Stud. My second 20+ point performance on the year by any player. Should bring me to 4-4 despite my defense/kicker combining for 1 point.

Frank Gore just has to run for 16 yards to win me my match tonight. I will cry if he only manages 15.

Jeez hazys division 4 is a big step up isn't it? Fancy a trade? We may as well both roll the dice.

I'm willing to listen to offers for any of my players...especially Antonio Gates

• Advertisement
Advertisement