Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

slayerking wrote: »
    Krušovice Černe is quite a nice dark lager if you happen to come across it.

Will do. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

Bought 8 330ml bottles of beer tonight for a tenner (Icebox), 4 Erdinger Wheat + 4 Peroni, having not tried either before.

Erdinger is smashing stuff, will report later on the peroni.

Also had some Svyturys Ekstra last night. A very nice Lithuanian beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Trying a Nevermind the Anabolics.

Started out sweetish with the usual grapefruit and citrus flavours. Also had a slightly smokeyish flavour that cut the bitterness of the hops a bit.

Overall tasty but not worth the extra price tag over their other IPAs

Well, the Peroni is very underwhelming. Light with a slightly refreshing finishing taste. Not much else going on with this beer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Well, the Peroni is very underwhelming. Light with a slightly refreshing finishing taste. Not much else going on with this beer.

I'm going to save you some time and effort here.

Pale lagers, by and large, are all very forgettable and you are usually best just skipping them. Not bad for cooling down on a hot day or washing down spicey food or bbq but generally pretty boring stuff.

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »
    I'm going to save you some time and effort here.

Pale lagers, by and large, are all very forgettable and you are usually best just skipping them. Not bad for cooling down on a hot day or washing down spicey food or bbq but generally pretty boring stuff.

I tried on a friends recommendation but I know now to avoid Peroni and my friends recommendations in future :p

Erdinger is the business though. I can't take to Franziskaner though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Can't believe it but my Dad was drinking Troble Or tonight and said he can't believe how nice beer can be!!!
    ASJ112 wrote: »
    My Mom likes Brewdog Punk IPA surprisingly. I think some people just love the bitterness from it. I've had Uncles, who would only drink Guinness, really like stouts from Nogneo/Great Divide/Brewdog. Sadly, if they were given the choice of buying a beer, they would go for the mass produced stuff.
    I was in Edinburgh at the weekend and took my Dad and his brother to the Brew Dog bar.

My Dad drinks lager - Carlsberg, Heineken - so I got him a Punk IPA - jaysis, he fell in love with it, so much so that after three pints he bought two bottles of it to bring with him to the Three Sisters where the rest of the Stag Group were.

They kicked him out of there for doing that, and he seemed happy to be back in the Brew Dog place drinking pints of Punk again!

His brother is a Guinness drinker, and they had Mikkeller Black hole on tap also, they were serving it in the style of a wine - it being 13% - and my uncle also couldn't get enough.

Although that same man loved Dark Arts in Against The Grain one night too.

Today I picked up some O'Hara's IPA, one each of PHBC Hophead and An Brain Blásta and a bottle of Fullers Black Cab.

Sipping the black cab now.

Lovely stout, hopefully Tesco continue to stock this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Yeah, the Black Cab is brilliant.

Des wrote: »
    Yeah, the Black Cab is brilliant.

I love their Porter (probable like it more than the black cab) but this is delicious. I love the kind of dried dark fruit taste in the middle, great contrast to the super cocoa-y front taste and the slight bitterness at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Really? I was very underwhelmed by Black Cab! Didn't enjoy it at all. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris.Buckley

I can't stand the stuff!
    They serve it in Italian restaurants and fob it off as being a posh beer! I had it once, and thought it was absolute piss..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I can definitely recommend Krombacher non-alcoholic, tastes fantastic, very close to the regular Krombacher taste!

001-beer-krombacher.jpg

Regarding Peroni, I find it to be very acidic. Not even an acidic taste but it just eats my stomach lining unlike any other. It's also not great, I think the Germans do beer better than the Italians.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris.Buckley

I second the Krombacher. never had the non-alcoholic, but had the regular pils last night, one of my favorite beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Punk IPA 300ml can

oh dayum!

Heroditas wrote: »

Well I bought it off the shelf, took it home and chilled it for about 30 minutes, poured it into a Guinness pint glass and sipped away and thought it was pretty nice. Not the best stout I've ever drank but it was really nice all the same. I'd have it over most Irish Stouts/porters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Heroditas wrote: »

Well I bought it off the shelf, took it home and chilled it for about 30 minutes, poured it into a Guinness pint glass and sipped away and thought it was pretty nice. Not the best stout I've ever drank but it was really nice all the same. I'd have it over most Irish Stouts/porters.

It's a pale shadow of their London porter

oblivious wrote: »
    It's a pale shadow of their London porter

I do prefer the porter, but I think the black cab at 5 for a tenner (or one of 5 others) is a good deal.

I love Leann Follain but I couldn't drink 5 of them, I could drink 5 Black Cab handy enough.

I'd say it's as good as the likes of Belfast Black and Knockmedown and a wee bit better than the likes of Dark Arts, PHBC Plain/Oyster/Wrasslers, Hookers Stout, Shandon etc.

Like I said, not the bets stout I've ever had but lovely none the less.

I've been trying to find their past masters double stout for ages, but no luck so far!

I do prefer the porter, but I think the black cab at 5 for a tenner (or one of 5 others) is a good deal.

I love Leann Follain but I couldn't drink 5 of them, I could drink 5 Black Cab handy enough.

Redmonds includes London porter in the 5 for a tener deal

I've been trying to find their past masters double stout for ages, but no luck so far!

Molloys had it, might still have a bottle knocking around

Redmonds is a wee bit out of the way for me :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

Enjoyed a Goose Island IPA last night and I'm left wondering where it has been all my life.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Anyone like Desperados beer? cant get enough of it at the moment!!

akelly02 wrote: »

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I'm trying out non-alcoholic drinks lately, I train a lot and I don't like how alcohol in regular quantities affects my recovery and my sleep.

So far so good!

I can say that I'd definitely avoid Weihenstephaner non-alcoholic pfi_18958_3.jpg and Becks non-alcoholic new_becks.jpg , both Vile!

Tried Baltika non-alcoholic for the second time today and it's also really nice. 500ml bottle for €1.50 in Bradleys on North Main Street (Cork).

1306417654182.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

akelly02 wrote: »

got 2 in my fridge you can have, a mate called over last week with a bag of beer.
    most were ok to drink except these 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,320 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Anyone seen Rolling Rock anywhere?

There was a time in summer 2004 where most supermarkets and off-licences sold it but not anymore.

I know its a light beer but I thought it had a really, really nice taste to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

I'd say it's as good as the likes of Belfast Black and Knockmedown and a wee bit better than the likes of Dark Arts, PHBC Plain/Oyster/Wrasslers, Hookers Stout, Shandon etc.

Like I said, not the bets stout I've ever had but lovely none the less.

Is the Balck Cab part of the 5 for 10 in Tesco?

redalan wrote: »
    Is the Balck Cab part of the 5 for 10 in Tesco?

yesh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

brands08.jpg

• Advertisement

old hippy wrote: »
    brands08.jpg

Needs more dog :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement