Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

So you want to JTAG your xbox360? (POST 248 FOR xeBuild/16197 TUT)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

EnterNow wrote: »
    Sounds like a wrong switch was used somewhere in the building of the image. That happened me before with one of those GUI based things, never again. I've used the manual command line method ever since & never had a single issue.

I had to connect a nand reader to mine to flash the old image back on yeah.

yea I think I will see if there is still a cmd version of the most current xebuild, never had any luck with the gui's either..

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Have her connected up TV, can remember were I start off again, been reading through topics here and can't seem to see where I should take it. this **** happens nearly everytime I update! nightmare :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Lenny wrote: »
    Have her connected up TV, can remember were I start off again, been reading through topics here and can't seem to see where I should take it. this **** happens nearly everytime I update! nightmare :)

Have you an older, verified working image?

You use Nandpro to flash it on afaik, Solder God will know the commands/switches to use

Have you an older, verified working image?

You use Nandpro to flash it on afaik, Solder God will know the commands/switches to use

yea I have the nandpro20b nandpro20d & nandpro30a, not sure which one to use
    I remember I had installed the corect files to the spi reader shows up in device manager.
    I have a working 16525 dashabord that TV had send me ages back!
    i remember I had fierce problems and he helped me a lot in a topic but cant find which one it was

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Whats jRunner, a BP type autobuilder?

Oh it's a lot more than that. It'll build your image, flash your coolrunner, read and write your nand, allow you download new/old dashboards without Xbins - It's pretty much the only app I use anymore :)

Lenny - you'll be using a combination of nandpro 2.0b and nandpro 2.0d in addition to the old working dash you have for this job. Hook up the console power and then connect the reader to your USB port.

Copy the 12625 bin file to the nandpro 2.0b folder, call it nand.bin. Copy the appropriate Xellous version for your wiring (regular or AUD_CLAMP) and call it free60.bin. Open up a command prompt window, go to the 2.0b folder and do the following:
    nandpro nand.bin: -r16 kv.bin 1 1
    nandpro free60.bin: -w16 kv.bin 1 1

Copy free60.bin to the 2.0d folder and use that to write to your nand.
    nandpro usb: -w2 free60.bin 0

Plug out the power, leave for 30 seconds, hook up the AV & power cable and power on via eject. You should have Xell. Then you can use the command line tool or jRunner to build a new image. If that fails, just write the 12625 dash file you have to get up and running again and go from there :)

• Advertisement

Oh it's a lot more than that. It'll build your image, flash your coolrunner, read and write your nand, allow you download new/old dashboards without Xbins - It's pretty much the only app I use anymore :)

Sounds impressive, is it RGH only or JTAG too?

Sounds impressive, is it RGH only or JTAG too?

It'll do both and act as a CPU key store, and if you hook your console up to it it'll connect to your console after you boot Xell and read your CPU key itself. Magic I tells ya, magic!

It'll do both and act as a CPU key store, and if you hook your console up to it it'll connect to your console after you boot Xell and read your CPU key itself. Magic I tells ya, magic!

Well that might be dead handy, as I recently suffered a hdd failure & lost every single thing I had pertaining to my two jtags. Right now I've no record of cpu keys, previous verified builds, nothing :(

Well that might be dead handy, as I recently suffered a hdd failure & lost every single thing I had pertaining to my two jtags. Right now I've no record of cpu keys, previous verified builds, nothing :(

Duuude :( Dropbox in future man, it's the only place for that stuff :) If your two JTAGs still work all you need is the config and KV and you can build an image from any other dump :)

Duuude :( Dropbox in future man, it's the only place for that stuff :) If your two JTAGs still work all you need is the config and KV and you can build an image from any other dump :)

I know I know :( I'll investigate some cloud security actually, good idea :)

Yep both are working perfectly, so I presume all I need to do from both is take nand dumps, extract the kv, & config and I'm ok?

• Advertisement

hey, thanks for the info TV. I've been pulling out my hair for ages wondering what i was doing wrong & trying other methods.. and I had the hdmi cable plugged in. the ultimate wreck the head.

the part that confuses me on the xbuild gui is which option to select "xell" "xellous" "xell-reloaded"
    I can send you over my free60.bin from the cd/cd key
    and the smc hack(unsure which one to select, that you used?)aud_clamp is it?
    maybe it'd be just easier if you compile a 15574 update for me?

I know I know I'll investigate some cloud security actually, good idea

Yep both are working perfectly, so I presume all I need to do from both is take nand dumps, extract the kv, & config and I'm ok?

Yep, take a nand dump as soon as you can, save all the things :)

hey, thanks for the info TV. I've been pulling out my hair for ages wondering what i was doing wrong & trying other methods.. and I had the hdmi cable plugged in. the ultimate wreck the head.

the part that confuses me on the xbuild gui is which option to select "xell" "xellous" "xell-reloaded"
    I can send you over my free60.bin from the cd/cd key
    and the smc hack(unsure which one to select, that you used?)aud_clamp is it?
    maybe it'd be just easier if you compile a 15574 update for me?

You'll be wanting Xellous or Xell-Reloaded. You'll never learn if I just do it for you but I can give you the free60.bin file to make things easier :)

Cheers TV,

Dropbox account opened & in use. Will take nand dumps from both consoles over the weekend.

What do I do from there, just use something like 360FlashTool to extract the KV & config? From there I'm safe enough. I'll drop box those bad boys too.

Scary having a jtag there when all your history & builds for it are lost :(

Yep, take a nand dump as soon as you can, save all the things :)

You'll be wanting Xellous or Xell-Reloaded. You'll never learn if I just do it for you but I can give you the free60.bin file to make things easier :)

OK, just re read the start of this topic again, you used thbe aux clamp method.
    so used the xebuild gui. it was the smc selection that I had selected what was wrong. seem to have just updated to 15574 there. the avatars are working ok too, no need to fix that.
    the xbox startup guide is a wreck the head!
    lucky I have the spi reader too. its come in handy enough times!
    thanks so much for typing up the commands TV. I'm gonna save them to a notepad for future referance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

OK, just re read the start of this topic again, you used thbe aux clamp method.
    so used the xebuild gui. it was the smc selection that I had selected what was wrong. seem to have just updated to 15574 there. the avatars are working ok too, no need to fix that.
    the xbox startup guide is a wreck the head!
    lucky I have the spi reader too. its come in handy enough times!
    thanks so much for typing up the commands TV. I'm gonna save them to a notepad for future referance

If you don't want to work with the command line, you should get jrunner and keep your current nand and cpukey safe, then when a new dashboard rolls out just open the dump and put in the CPU key select JTAG choose dashboard then create image.

Copy updflash.bin to USB stick connect to Xbox and power on with eject to boot to xellous Xbox will update and voila you'll be on the latest dashboard it's much safe than playing around with commands.

Cheers TV,

Dropbox account opened & in use. Will take nand dumps from both consoles over the weekend.

What do I do from there, just use something like 360FlashTool to extract the KV & config? From there I'm safe enough. I'll drop box those bad boys too.

Scary having a jtag there when all your history & builds for it are lost :(

For every console I save the following:

1) First 16MB of the nand
    2) The KV.bin
    3) The working free60.bin (Xell/Xellous/Xell-Reloaded)
    4) The working freeBOOT version from the time I do the console
    5) A text file with motherboard type, name/username, console number, CPU Key and DVD OSIG/key

Rar it up and only comes to be 28MB per console and upload it onto dropbox, job done.

What I'd do for your two JTAGs is just save the working nand using Flash360 twice and compare them to ensure they're the same. Save the CPU Key/DVD OSIG and Key in a text file - zip/rar that file with the nand backup and keep them safe on Dropbox for each console.

If needed you can extract the KV, the config and the first fifty blocks (0-0x4F) which is Xell for each from the full nand dump :)
    justryan wrote: »
    If you don't want to work with the command line, you should get jrunner and keep your current nand and cpukey safe, then when a new dashboard rolls out just open the dump and put in the CPU key select JTAG choose dashboard then create image.

Copy updflash.bin to USB stick connect to Xbox and power on with eject to boot to xellous Xbox will update and voila you'll be on the latest dashboard it's much safe than playing around with commands.

I'm glad you got sorted Lenny :) As justryan suggests, check out jRunner - it's a fantastic piece of kit :)

What I'd do for your two JTAGs is just save the working nand using Flash360 twice and compare them to ensure they're the same. Save the CPU Key/DVD OSIG and Key in a text file - zip/rar that file with the nand backup and keep them safe on Dropbox for each console.

Done, both consoles fully backed up & dropboxed. I went as far as to dropbox the launch.ini's {Dashlaunch} for both also.

Cheers TV, much obliged :cool:

What is the most recent Jtag dash at the moment? & is it likely to be replaced by a newer one any time soon?

What is the most recent Jtag dash at the moment? & is it likely to be replaced by a newer one any time soon?

The JTAG & RGH dashboards are up to 2.0.15574, a new dashboard update is due soon I reckon as the beta for the next version has already been released for testing.

The JTAG & RGH dashboards are up to 2.0.15574, a new dashboard update is due soon I reckon as the beta for the next version has already been released for testing.

Cool I'll hold off for now so, cheers JR. Yeah I've a Slim in the house thats used for XBL which has been using the new beta dash for the last few weeks

• Advertisement

Cool I'll hold off for now so, cheers JR. Yeah I've a Slim in the house thats used for XBL which has been using the new beta dash for the last few weeks

What's its like any new features? I wonder what anti DVD cfw/RGH measures they have included this time

What's its like any new features? I wonder what anti DVD cfw/RGH measures they have included this time

Do to all the non-disclosure stuff I agreed to & had to digitally sign...I'm reluctant to talk about it. Plenty of info out there on it though ;)

Do to all the non-disclosure stuff I agreed to & had to digitally sign...I'm reluctant to talk about it. Plenty of info out there on it though ;)

Ah sworn to secrecy I'll say no more

Ah sworn to secrecy I'll say no more

Yeah I was surprised at the levels you have to go to, never had to digitally sign something in my life. Also, it puts boards.ie in a vulnerable position if I were to break the agreement so I shall keep quiet :)

Any word on the new dash being available for JTAGs yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Any word on the new dash being available for JTAGs yet?

the 16 one? It's included in new J-runner, I would say other builders are updated as well. I updated Xenon two days ago with it.

docentore wrote: »
    the 16 one? It's included in new J-runner, I would say other builders are updated as well. I updated Xenon two days ago with it.

That the one with IE etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

That the one with IE etc?

Haven't a clue to be honest. Didn't have time to play around with it. It's ver. 16197.

16197 is the latest dash and is available on J-Runner. You need an xbox live Gold account to use it, and that means you've to connect to live which brings with it the inevitable console ban since you're a filthy homebrewer :)

• Advertisement

16197 is the latest dash and is available on J-Runner. You need an xbox live Gold account to use it, and that means you've to connect to live which brings with it the inevitable console ban since you're a filthy homebrewer :)

What options are there for old school cmd line users? Just wait until the dash files are released I guess! Not interested in IE, have the Slim I got from you which is on XBL Gold...just mentioned IE to differentiate the dash version as I didn't know the code :o

Advertisement