Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voice of Ireland (Season 2)

• 26-08-2012 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I guess this means RTE paid Talpa for two series, just like the BBC.

And, also like the Beeb, they're going ahead with the second series even after viewing figures plunged over the course of the first...

I don't really mind the Corporation doing this, as the standard of the acts on the UK version is slightly higher - plus it's got Jessie J. ;);)

But in RTE's case... sigh. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It's still better than the All-Ireland Talent Show!

• what happened to the winner did they make it big lol

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

what happened to the winner did they make it big lol

About as big as the UK winner did, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

I dont even know who won both versions and I dont really care.

It looks like if you win the X-factor your song gets played on every radio station and your in big demand compared to The Voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is there new judges this year?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is there new judges this year?

Hopefully. If Kian Egan is on it again, blood may be shed.... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

If "The voice" goes ahead with the same judging panel, I don't think many will watch it.

what happened to the winner did they make it big lol

There has been no mention of Pat since he won

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Pat has his album recorded, fit for release in a month or so i heard.
    Though wont be marketed as 'winner of voice of Ireland' as reported on news...

They are seeking contestants for the new series
    http://www.rte.ie/blogs/thevoice/apply/

Though.... feedback has been to avoid entry as its run really well ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Pat has his album recorded, fit for release in a month or so i heard.
    Though wont be marketed as 'winner of voice of Ireland' as reported on news...

They are seeking contestants for the new series
    http://www.rte.ie/blogs/thevoice/apply/

Though.... feedback has been to avoid entry as its run really well ...

I suppose it will be the same old judges as last series?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Bump!

From yesterday's Herald:
    THE Voice ain't broke so doesn't need fixing, says RTE star Kathryn Thomas.
    RTE star Kathryn told the Herald that RTE and producers are more than happy with the talent series and, unlike the BBC, have no plans to change its format for the second series.
    The programme will return this winter for another four-month run.
    Some critics claimed that the first series was too long, with a dip in audience figures from an average of 701,000 at the start to half a million during some of the live segments of the show.
    However, following negotiations with RTE, Voice producers ShinAwil have decided against changing the format for its return this winter.
    They will also be enlisting the same four judges -- Niall Breslin, Brian Kennedy, Sharon Corr and Kian Egan.
    And presenter Kathryn Thomas (32) said she couldn't wait to get stuck back into the second installment of the programme.
    "It's definitely going to be 17 weeks again, that much I know. But in terms of format and how they're going to tweak it, I've no idea. I assume there's going to be a few small changes but I've no idea what they are yet," she explained.
    "The attitude is, 'if it's not broke, don't fix it'. It worked the way it was so they decided to run with it again. I've a production meeting on it tomorrow afternoon and we're just going in to get all our dates and our schedules so I'm looking forward to that."
    She added how this time around, there has been a surge in applications to appear on the singing competition, thanks to the added recognition factor the show has.
    "More people have applied. The fact that Pat was such a deserving winner, and his album's coming out in October so I'm dying to hear it.
    "The lads in the office were saying some amazing audition tapes have come in already so I'm really looking forward to starting on it again," she said.

Make of that what you will.

Eyepatch wrote: »
    If "The voice" goes ahead with the same judging panel, I don't think many will watch it.

Jamelia is replacing Brian Kennedy

Looks like confusion is reigning here...

That Herald report I posted said "the same four judges" - but JP Liz says Brian isn't staying, and this Indo report claims that Aslan's Christy Dignam might take his place:

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/aslans-dignam-lined-up-for-voice-judging-panel-3235846.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Jamelia was on The Late Late Show last night, unveiled as a replacement for Brian Kennedy,

So that would mean Sharon, Jameila, Cian and Bressie are the Judges for Ireland Series 2.

I think Jamelia might be an excellent addition. She has a strong personality and she has proven music credentials.

*checks the latest LLS thread*

Well, that's the confusion over, then.

INM got it wrong - twice. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And RTE and ShinAwil must be desperate if they can look across the water, find an R & B singer who's largely been out of the public eye for the last few years - and decide to announce her as Brian's replacement on the Late Late... :rolleyes:

Sorry to say this, guys - but I don't think I can see viewing figures going up and staying up throughout this series, even if Jamelia does turn out to be an excellent judge and the standard of the acts improves as a result.

407796_397501566998668_1316100532_n.jpg

Returns on January 6th at 6.30pm. New judge Jamelia joins Sharon, Bressie and Kian in Series 2 of The Voice of Ireland. Kathryn Thomas, assisted by Eoghan McDermott, presents.

Like most international versions of this format, the RTE show started off quite well last year, but faded badly once the spinning chairs were decommissioned.

With five weeks of blind auditions, and three weeks of singing-battles, there will be a grand stretch in the evenings before we get near any Live shows.

Don't look so moody Judges, it's meant to be Light entertainment!

Interesting that The Voice of Ireland has changed one of its judges but isn't really changing its format, whereas The Voice UK isn't changing any of its judges (hooray! I love Jessie J to bits :o:o;)) but is making significant changes to its format (or at least is proposing to).

And because The Voice of Ireland isn't really changing its format, I just can't see the viewing figures for this second series not going the same or a similar way to the first - no matter how brilliant Jamelia is.

Interesting that The Voice of Ireland has changed one of its judges but isn't really changing its format, whereas The Voice UK isn't changing any of its judges (hooray! I love Jessie J to bits :o:o;)) but is making significant changes to its format (or at least is proposing to).

I agree, Harvey. I think Jamelia is a good addition, but the problems with this show are mainly with the bloated format. As you said, I haven't seen any indication that RTÉ are making any significant changes this year (such as Wild Cards or Steals), which is surprising.

It is back tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I haven't heard about the uk one changing it's format - linky? but yes it can only be a good thing. I do think it gets quite boring in a repetitive kinda way after a few weeks and it is harder to stay glued in

• Advertisement

hdowney wrote: »
    I haven't heard about the uk one changing it's format - linky? b

They haven't revealed all the changes in the UK yet, but ...
    There will be just three live shows this year but more acts on the teams, between 15 to 20.

The separate Sunday results show has been axed in favor of a live results show on the Saturday night.

“There will be a lot of changes,” Danny O’Donoghue explained. “For starters, there will be more blind auditions.

“And we are increasing the numbers on each team from 10 to 15 or 20.

http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-voice/123139-voice-uk-2013-live-shows-acts-series.html#ixzz2H7AFHJpq

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭spartacus815

Do you guys think the viewership will be good tonight?

Do you guys think the viewership will be good tonight?

I think it could be low - I haven't heard anyone saying they were really looking forward to the new Series. The interest level dropped significantly as last year's series went on and on ... .

• Registered Users Posts: 31,802 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Local fella on this tonight so I'm tuning in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

See they kept on to that annoying co presenter this year

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

I hate his look...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

This is just what's on tv at the minute. I hate the way the judges are always looking across to see what they are going doing. Also looks comes into it when they turn around and when the public vote?

I hate his look...
    Then again I'm no oil painting either...:D

Jamelia is a fine looking woman. If she spun her chair for me I wouldn't even consider the others to be my mentor :o

• Advertisement

Bressie didn't try very hard...

Advertisement