Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you have for breakfast thread?

• 26-08-2012 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Since we have a 'Here's what I had for dinner' thread and a 'here's what I had for lunch thread', I thought we could have a breakfast thread too. :)

I tend to have porridge, or toast or some cereal for breakfast, but would like to try other things too. I suppose I got into a habit/routine, and now I'm looking to try something else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Half a tub of Glenisk vanilla yogurt, raw oats and brown linseed, mixed up with some fruit (mandarins or berries). I have this every morning and I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

Strong coffee and homemade pancakes with raspberry jam:D Heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,734 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

A cup of Lyons Kenya blend tea, two slices of brown toast & two of my neighbour's organic hen's eggs soft-boiled.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

had blueberry and porridge oats,last breakfast i had was fruit:strawberries,nectarines(all sliced)grapes,and kiwi,with rachael allens vanilla yoghurt and kelkin granola oats spread on top,with oj,the other breakfast i had was two boiled eggs and two slices of melon,with smoothie,another breakfast of mine would be scrambled egg or omlette with two slices of brown bread toast with butter and a large mug of coffee - i used to go for the full fat full irish breakfasts but ive scaled back recently,and ive gotten used to it,with tasty varities, so a big breakfast doesnt do it for me anymore thankfully,and ive lost a stone recently so its working well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭saltyporridge

A cup of Lyons Kenya blend tea

would you let me know where you're buying the Kenya blend? My favourite tea but haven't been able to find it for the past six months. Doubling up on the Lyon's regular tea isn't quite the same!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭Pa Dee

Ribeye steak rare. 3 eggs over easy. Hash brown. Toast. Pot of strong coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

2 eggs, scrambled with cream and butter, 6 strips Lidl's finest (ha!) streaky bacon, grilled, 4 mushrooms, sliced, cooked in butter. Gotta love a low carb diet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭TheFlamingo

This is where I go for my breakfast inspiration: http://bkfst.tumblr.com/

My favourite meal of the day, I don't understand people who skip it!

if i was feeling a little more peckish for breakfast what a great filler is tuna nicose salad with mixed beans goes lovely with a little dressing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

I can sum up my breakfast in one post:

Monday-Friday: (Proper!) greek yoghurt with a teaspoon of golden syrup, cup of tea

Saturday, Sunday: EGGS!!!! Tea.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Tub of ben and jerry's phish food and heated up chocolate cake

• Registered Users Posts: 22,734 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

would you let me know where you're buying the Kenya blend? My favourite tea but haven't been able to find it for the past six months. Doubling up on the Lyon's regular tea isn't quite the same!!
    SuperValu in Skerries. I've no idea when Mrs Billy bought them though. Will ask if they are still available.

Tub of ben and jerry's phish food and heated up chocolate cake
    im licking my lips now thinking about that ,dont make me deviate my course :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭EZ24GET

Had big coffee and 2 slices 12 grain bread with butter and a thin coating of elderberry jelly. I love the sweet tang of the jelly and the saltiness of the butter. I am always tempted to have even more. The other day I had 2 over easy eggs and two sausage patties to go with this, but ended up giving the dog my sausage patties - he begs- and I broke off pieces to give him until it was all gone. He got left over egg too.:)and still I think of him as the "poor little thing"
    He has things a lot better than me.:o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

last nights chicken curry, we had no milk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Cottage cheese with blueberries and flaxseed ... yum!! Really filling, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

4 grilled thick hickory smoked rashers, 2 fried free range eggs, (I tilt the pan and spoon the olive oil and melted butter over the top of the eggs which makes sure the eggs are cooked without turning them and leaves the yolk really runny, that might be a pathetic tip but I love it), I'll then fry mushrooms of any kind, cut open a big fresh role with poppy seeds (ALWAYS poppy seeds!) and pop it under a pre heated grill, take it out when it's got really crispy and spread butter over it and assemble. Had this yesterday and it always sets me up for a good day, I have this too much though, it's just too easy and too tastey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

A cup of Lyons Kenya blend tea, two slices of brown toast & two of my neighbour's organic hen's eggs soft-boiled.
    I have seen it in Dealz before for E1.49 for 80 teabags so it might be worth having a look there, you might be lucky and they could have it.
    4 grilled thick hickory smoked rashers, 2 fried free range eggs, (I tilt the pan and spoon the olive oil and melted butter over the top of the eggs which makes sure the eggs are cooked without turning them and leaves the yolk really runny, that might be a pathetic tip but I love it), I'll then fry mushrooms of any kind, cut open a big fresh role with poppy seeds (ALWAYS poppy seeds!) and pop it under a pre heated grill, take it out when it's got really crispy and spread butter over it and assemble. Had this yesterday and it always sets me up for a good day, I have this too much though, it's just too easy and too tastey.
    This sounds delicious, I love rashers and eggs and brown bread, or sometimes waffles (has to be birds eye waffles though).

I haven't had it in a while actually, might be an idea for Saturday's breakfast...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

I had a muller corner strawberry yogurt. Not much of a breakfast but I was late.
    Great thread idea, breakfast is much harder to work out than lunch or dinner in my opinion. I have decided to do, not exactly a low carb diet, but to stop eating pasta, bread, cereal and potatoes (maybe allow a few spuds!) and I found I'm eating omlettes all the time!! Look forward to stealing your breakfast ideas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 690 ✭✭✭puffishoes

Strawberries,black grapes,blackberry's natural yogurt, dash of honey and some muesli two slices of brown bread with homemade blackberry jam nyom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭bikerjohn

Half a tub of Glenisk vanilla yogurt, raw oats and brown linseed, mixed up with some fruit (mandarins or berries). I have this every morning and I love it.

I would say your movements :mad: are very good :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Black coffee, bagel and a bowl of crunchy nut corn flakes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

A flat white and a 'nana. Can't wait for the weekend & being on holiday, holiday pig-out breakfasts are the bees knees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

(I tilt the pan and spoon the olive oil and melted butter over the top of the eggs which makes sure the eggs are cooked without turning them and leaves the yolk really runny, that might be a pathetic tip but I love it),

Sunny side up eggs then. This is a well known and old tip. :confused::)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Here's mine, previously mentioned - yogurt, oats, seeds, fruit. I usually put it in a lunchbox and eat it at my desk in work.

1-9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

My week of breakfasts!! This week anyway!!

Monday. 2 soft boiled eggs with 2 slices of brown toast and a little butter. Tea

Tuesday. Porridge with mixed berries. Tea

Wednesday. 2 poached eggs, 2 slices of grilled bacon with all the fat removed, grilled mushrooms and tomatoes. Tea.

Thursday. Half a melon filled with mixed berries. yogurt. Tea

Friday. large fruit salad made with melon, apple, pear, orange, grapes, banana, mixed berries and a pot of activia 0% yogurt on top. Tea.

Saturday and Sunday I don't seem to manage breakfast so we have a early lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Mon-fri porridge blueberries banana wheat bran and sun flower seeds and 2 green tea!!
    Sat-sun scrambled eggs grilled bacon grilled tomatoes and Hovis brown toasted and green tea....

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

Chorizo, Mixed Beans, in a tomato sauce, crispy fried potato a fried egg and a fresh baked turkish roll.. awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Home made plum jam with peanut butter on toast.

Sound weird but is delicious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Two poached eggs served on toasted malt wheat bread

Large glass of OJ with a strong latte from the nespresso machine

Various vitamins and strong prescribed meds

Advertisement