Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 finallyp

It is all about the pronunciation of the names Max. The humour is a little bit like Hyacinth Bucket pronounced "Bouquet"!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,687 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did FC writers even acknowledge the Olympics on the show?

nope JP Liz V1, they are not tuned in at all. FC writers are living on another planet. Badly devised plots and yawnsome episodes are all they deliver each week. My twelve year old sister could write more interesting and "watchable" episodes.

Bela's diary........................................

I'm off to the bistro, the hungry pig, mccoys, spar, the communicky centre. In and out the door of one place, then a quick sprint off to another, twenty cups of coffee later I'm back in me house. Off I go again up to see Ritha. Must get her a new bell. Perhaps, a gong would be better. Down to McCoys again for a quick nightcap, back to see Ritha, off again to vinos for a couple of bottles of wine, they make it from grapes apparently. Off to bed after another hard day walking, I mean working on the carrigstown road. Must dodge the wans I had affairs with in my youth. Can't remember really who or where they are all now. Twas too dark, they all look the same.

why no FC tonight ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 xylophones

why no FC tonight ?

stoooopid olympics :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

finallyp wrote: »
    Bela's diary........................................

I'm off to the bistro, the hungry pig, mccoys, spar, the communicky centre. In and out the door of one place, then a quick sprint off to another, twenty cups of coffee later I'm back in me house. Off I go again up to see Ritha. Must get her a new bell. Perhaps, a gong would be better. Down to McCoys again for a quick nightcap, back to see Ritha, off again to vinos for a couple of bottles of wine, they make it from grapes apparently. Off to bed after another hard day walking, I mean working on the carrigstown road. Must dodge the wans I had affairs with in my youth. Can't remember really who or where they are all now. Twas too dark, they all look the same.

Popped out the the auld Olympics for a cup of tea with Katie Taylor and the rest of the Irish Olympic team. Should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

On Thursday nights episode , Sash had a coffee outside the bistro , left and then came back later for a take away coffee , then went to the community centre to meet Vivienne for tea all in six minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did FC writers even acknowledge the Olympics on the show?

Don't think Corrie mentioned it either, though I could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

xylophones wrote: »

They don't acknowledge the Olympics but yet it's the reason for the disrupted and illogical programming schedule over the last couple of weeks. Pricks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭vumpireofkid

The only mention of the 'lympics was when Yvonne said that they would hire Neil until their regular chef came back from the Olympics!! Tenner says we never hear of that chef again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

The only mention of the 'lympics was when Yvonne said that they would hire Neil until their regular chef came back from the Olympics!! Tenner says we never hear of that chef again!

hes now working as jessica ennis' private chef . Seen him feeding her some tapas before she did the high jump

xylophones wrote: »

But it is shown on RTE 2

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    But it is shown on RTE 2

I'd say it is just an excuse to save some money.

Elmo wrote: »
    I'd say it is just an excuse to save some money.

and inadvertently drag the Lucy plotline out even further! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Is the woman who plays Rita still alive? I saw her about 4 years ago in St. Luke's in Rathgar and she didn't look well at all.

MJ23 wrote: »
    Is the woman who plays Rita still alive? I saw her about 4 years ago in St. Luke's in Rathgar and she didn't look well at all.

I'd say they are worried about replacing her, one of the actress in Ros Na Run brought the producers to court when she wasn't brought back.

http://www.derryjournal.com/news/off-screen-drama-puts-donegal-actress-back-on-screen-1-2117932

In fairness she was only leaving town because of her divorce, Fair City never really explain where the members of Doyle family go. "Australia" and "a home". They should do a Fair City special Fair City Down-Under: A Doyle Family Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Fair City is running a long time now, I can still remember watching the first episode.

I can remember Barry o, Hanlon running in the Dublin City Marathon and I was only a kid then!

The actor who plays Barry was running in some of ye Dublin race series this year. Lost a bit of weight since he was bange up in the joy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Karen23 wrote: »
    On Thursday nights episode , Sash had a coffee outside the bistro , left and then came back later for a take away coffee , then went to the community centre to meet Vivienne for tea all in six minutes.
    They must all be pumped up with caffeine! What a joke when they go out to dinner for that special occasion... the only place they can think of is Vino's where they spend all day drinking coffee!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Wasn't she mark 3.

Farrah Number one was in that stupid chewgum ad
    Farrah Number two was a brunette (she was in The Cassidies)
    Farrah Number three from Love/Hate.

Which one had a head of blonde curls?? Sinéad something is her name. She was in season 2 of Lip Service and has been in another couple of big British shows. Doubt she'd come back to Ireland for FC.

• Advertisement

yvonna said hed be back after the lympics very poor writing :mad:

youwould wrote: »
    Which one had a head of blonde curls?? Sinéad something is her name. She was in season 2 of Lip Service and has been in another couple of big British shows. Doubt she'd come back to Ireland for FC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinead_Keenan#cite_note-FairCity-6

According to Wiki she'd return as another character. She was a brunet in Fair City. She was the second Farah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinead_Keenan#cite_note-FairCity-6

According to Wiki she'd return as another character. She was a brunet in Fair City. She was the second Farah.

The casting of the Phelan children has been disastrous. Three Farrahs and two Floyds.

Interview with actress who plays Lucy in new RTE Guide sounds like loopy Lucy becomes more unhinged in the next few weeks to keep "her Dolores"

i see john the garda back doing his duty

LOL @ Paul saying he'd like to get involved in the music industry!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Dublinfan

why are the teen scenes so cringe worthy... they really have the wrong idea of how young people act

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Loved Zach's "She's Weeeeeeeeird"!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭countygorey

Did sean and yhe Dillon girl get back together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭countygorey

Did sean and the Dillon girl get back together.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement