Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭jos28

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes seen an ad for her return as part of RTE drama autumn schedule, why bring her back she was an useless boring character first time around and if they want to bring back older characters then get someone like Tracey or even Anne Clarke or Christy's daughter Farrah (the later two they could recast)
    I often wondered why they never brought Anne Clarke back, don't know what the original actress is doing. I'm not sure they could get Farrah (mark 2) back, I presume she is lined up for season 3 of Love Hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,687 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

jos28 wrote: »
    I often wondered why they never brought Anne Clarke back, don't know what the original actress is doing. I'm not sure they could get Farrah (mark 2) back, I presume she is lined up for season 3 of Love Hate.

She died in season 2

She died in season 2[/QUOTE
    Ah yeah, I remember now, wasn't she killed when Nidge pipe-bombed the house. Leaves her free for a return to FC !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Wasn't she mark 3.

Farrah Number one was in that stupid chewgum ad
    Farrah Number two was a brunette (she was in The Cassidies)
    Farrah Number three from Love/Hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Saw the ad for Renne coming back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Yes seen an ad for her return as part of RTE drama autumn schedule, why bring her back she was an useless boring character first time around and if they want to bring back older characters then get someone like Tracey or even Anne Clarke or Christy's daughter Farrah (the later two they could recast)

Boring maybe but at least she is a half decent actress, unlike most of the chancers cast at the mo :)

Elmo wrote: »
    Wasn't she mark 3.

Farrah Number one was in that stupid chewgum ad
    Farrah Number two was a brunette (she was in The Cassidies)
    Farrah Number three from Love/Hate.

Think you're right there Elmo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Last I heard the actress who played Anne Clarke had a bridal business in the Clondalkin / Ballyfermot area.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

deelite wrote: »
    Last I heard the actress who played Anne Clarke had a bridal business in the Clondalkin / Ballyfermot area.
    That is definitely true. I remember her appearing on the LLS showing off some of the wedding gowns.

I was a kid when she was in Fair City but I thought she was very good looking. She was a Miss Ireland finalist in her day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,415 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Fair City is running a long time now, I can still remember watching the first episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

i maybe wrong as i dont know people's real names, but....
    is farrah no 1, now in episodes - as joeys ex wife, or should i say matt le blanc's ...
    and farrah no2, was in the moving wallpaper on itv a few yrs ago that i liked but noone else i knew watched! and it was sadly axed....
    dont know farah no 3....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

Fair City is running a long time now, I can still remember watching the first episode.

I can remember Barry o, Hanlon running in the Dublin City Marathon and I was only a kid then!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭el diablo

iceblue wrote: »
    i maybe wrong as i dont know people's real names, but....
    is farrah no 1, now in episodes - as joeys ex wife, or should i say matt le blanc's ...
    and farrah no2, was in the moving wallpaper on itv a few yrs ago that i liked but noone else i knew watched! and it was sadly axed....
    dont know farah no 3....

Farrah number three is Sash.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Who was Anne Clarke? Can't remember her.
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

happyday wrote: »
    Not the best pic but the closest that google images throws up - https://stillslibrary.rte.ie/indexplus/image/0495/025.html

happyday wrote: »
    She was Paddy Clarke's daughter and played a real man eater in FC. The only photo I can find is this one which is crap but it might remind you who she was
    http://limerickcity.ie/media/colbert,%20con%2010.pdf

deelite wrote: »
    She should move the business to Carrigstown, the only place they can buy clothes there is the Helping Hand ! Imagine the scenes with Caddle etc going in to dress up for a wedding , could be great fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

She should move the business to Carrigstown, the only place they can buy clothes there is the Helping Hand ! Imagine the scenes with Caddle etc going in to dress up for a wedding , could be great fun :D
    Who is Caddle? New character?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

max life wrote: »
    Who is Caddle? New character?

Are you for real? Caddle, everyone knows Caddle......Ye know the one livin with Lewy?

:D

Dub XV wrote: »
    Are you for real? Caddle, everyone knows Caddle......Ye know the one livin with Lewy?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Alice1

Oh yes, I can just see Caddle having a row with Anne Clarke - in a bridal shop. Bring it awwwwn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 finallyp

Why isn't this darn lucy storyline at the point of becoming even interesting. Are the writers having a laugh at the viewers? It is the slowest plot on record. Are they trying to make the guinness book of records for slowest storyline in soap? I am fed up.

Aah yes Anne clarke daughter of Paddy clarke ha, ha, ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lucy ha, ha, ha is there now. Nothing changes.

Ok.

Carol.

You need to have a sense of humour to watch Fair City and the gift of waiting patiently until the plot or whatever is revealed. Is there even a plot in some of the stories?? I wonder.

Dub XV wrote: »
    Ok.

Carol.
    Still confused...Carol is Caddle? Who calls her that in Carrigstown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

The same people who call Dermot "Dermish".

:rolleyes:

nlgbbbblth wrote: »

The same people who call Dermot "Dermish".

:rolleyes:
    Why do people call dermot "dermish"? I have never heard him being called that. I dont watch every episode so maybe i missed something?

Why do people call dermot "dermish"? I have never heard him being called that. I dont watch every episode so maybe i missed something?

Lolz. You are messin' right?

It's the accents we are takin' the piss out of :'(

It's not so funny when you take it apart :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Alice1

Max,
    Tis like this:

Jo (being wife of Dermot) seems to pronounce his name as "Dermish"

Christy (being ex of Carol) seems to pronounce her name as "Caddle".

S'pose it's not that funny really. Well, sort of...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement