Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuff to do in Limerick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Kess73 wrote: »
    Not in Limerick, but the two White Tailed sea eagles on Lough Derg are worth the trip to try and spot. Majestic birds who are the first pair to nest in the area for 100 years.

Would strike me as being ideal subjects for shutter bugs and nature buffs alike as they can be seen quite easily from Mountshannon when they on their little island and also from the Tipp side of the lake when they are in flight.

With wingspans of around 6.5 to 7.5 feet they are hard to miss

http://www.sunrisebandb.com/blog/?p=161

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭sioda

Some thing different for people

Design@UL

Thursday 24th May 2012 at 6.30pm

in the Former Franciscan Church, Henry Street Limerick.

Open to the public from 25th May- 3rd June (Mon- Sat: 10am-6pm, Sun 2-5pm)

Event: 24th May - Design@UL -

Hosted within the generous spaces of The Franciscan Church, Henry Street, Design @ UL brings together, for the first time, a diversity of design work from four undergraduate courses at the University of Limerick – Architecture, Product Design, Civil Engineering, and Digital and Interactive Media. Presented through drawings, models, projections, photographs, prototypes, texts and sketchbooks, the exhibited work covers a wide range of scales and media. The collective nature of the exhibition exposes a breadth of ideas, generated and explored through design. In exhibiting together the work of these university courses, Design @ UL expresses and the power and potency of design thinking for society.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

sioda wrote: »
    Some thing different for people

Design@UL

Thursday 24th May 2012 at 6.30pm

in the Former Franciscan Church, Henry Street Limerick.

Open to the public from 25th May- 3rd June (Mon- Sat: 10am-6pm, Sun 2-5pm)

Event: 24th May - Design@UL -

Hosted within the generous spaces of The Franciscan Church, Henry Street, Design @ UL brings together, for the first time, a diversity of design work from four undergraduate courses at the University of Limerick – Architecture, Product Design, Civil Engineering, and Digital and Interactive Media. Presented through drawings, models, projections, photographs, prototypes, texts and sketchbooks, the exhibited work covers a wide range of scales and media. The collective nature of the exhibition exposes a breadth of ideas, generated and explored through design. In exhibiting together the work of these university courses, Design @ UL expresses and the power and potency of design thinking for society.

Thanks for this Sioda must drop in.

- Its also really nice to see former Church buildings finally turned into something positive, giving instead of taking from and domineering over the community.

• funderland start next wednesday 30th of may groody road cannot wait so much fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

A flier that came into my work today which sounds interesting

Mo cinema, Basically a short screen cinema event with free popcorn,
    they will be running a night in Cobblestone Joes on
    Wednesday June 6th at 9 pm,

they have a facebook page facebook.com/mocinema

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭phog

Just saw this on twitter
    O'MahonysBooksellers ‏@OMahonysBooks

Join us tomorrow morning at 11am for Summer themed art activites in our kids dept!! We'll have facepainting, colouring and fun activities!

Went to see Pigtown last night finally and it was excellent, I think it is on for another week at the Belltable, would recommend it, it goes in a different way than you expect from the initial but all in all a nice evening.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Birdie086 wrote: »
    Went to see Pigtown last night finally and it was excellent, I think it is on for another week at the Belltable, would recommend it, it goes in a different way than you expect from the initial but all in all a nice evening.

What time of the night is that on? I saw it years ago and wouldn't mind seeing it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Never seen it and would like to

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

What time of the night is that on? I saw it years ago and wouldn't mind seeing it again.

http://belltable.ticketsolve.com/shows/873481609/events

I saw it many moons ago too. Excellent! Would love to see it again but cant go this week :(

• Advertisement

Thanks for the link Chucken, I worked up there for two years and had heard so many people go on about I had to make sure I didn't miss it this time, well worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 newkid ontheblock

The original post needs to be updated.

There's a new cinema not listed - Showtime (awesome cinema!!) - http://www.showtimecinemas.ie/index.php?__site=SHOWTIMEL

Also there's RollerJam Roller Rink on the ballysimon road (Opened for over a year now...Kids parties, adult nights, hen parties etc) - http://rollerjam.ie/

Might be an idea to list the UL clubs and socs website for the UL students? Or for everyone. Non students can join all the clubs and societies for a reasonable fee. It's also the larges c&s in the country. They've got so so many things to do, from skydiving, to kayaking to drama and musicals - http://ulwolves.ie/wolves/?p=clubsoc

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Iridescent Irish

Hi All

I'm looking for a beavers troop for my six year old son to join in Limerick. I've checked out the Scouting Ireland website and sent emails to ask about enrolling for the group in St. Joseph's Unit, Mallow Street, but haven't gotten a reply. Just wondering if anyone knows if the one in Mallow Street is still open, or if not, has any contact numbers for another unit around Limerick? Thanks in advance.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭eoin95

I was talking to a mate who told me about a free family fun day next Saturday and the following Saturday, the 18th and 25th.

Its something to do with the launch of an new after school club, but they are putting on bouncy castle, face painting, treasure hunt, spot prizes etc... from 11am till 3pm. Any way, a free day out with the kids is a free day out!!! Its on in RollerJam, just off the Ballysimon Road, around the corner from B&Q, I'm not sure of the name of the retail park!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 newkid ontheblock

eoin95 wrote: »
    I was talking to a mate who told me about a free family fun day next Saturday and the following Saturday, the 18th and 25th.

Its something to do with the launch of an new after school club, but they are putting on bouncy castle, face painting, treasure hunt, spot prizes etc... from 11am till 3pm. Any way, a free day out with the kids is a free day out!!! Its on in RollerJam, just off the Ballysimon Road, around the corner from B&Q, I'm not sure of the name of the retail park!

If you can find a flyer or something to back this up online, maybe post a link and start a thread for it? Sure families might be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

If you can find a flyer or something to back this up online, maybe post a link and start a thread for it? Sure families might be interested.

see details at http://www.rollerjam.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

It's heritage week this week. Lots of good stuff happpening in Limerick.

Check out this website: http://www.heritageweek.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭eoin95

Found this!! Was there at the open day just gone, another one next weekend. I'd recommend anyone interested or already availing of an after school go along. I was very impressed!!

http://www.limerick.ie/living/whatson/2012-08-25rollerjamfreefamilyfunday.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13 alexm

i was told about a band called kopic or something but i cant remember name nor can i find anything on them. the lead singer is a shorter guy with dreads and they have a song called punk rock isnt dead

if anyone can help that would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Just gonna throw this here.... ;)

https://www.facebook.com/events/335121593253083

557860_304454756334458_2077368326_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

roast wrote: »

Is there a charge on the door??

Is there a charge on the door??

Free in. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

roast wrote: »
    Free in. :)

Nice, friends 21st in Templemore that night but would much prefer to stay in Limerick and head to this :p

• anyone recommed something fun to do this weekend with my little brother & i

we did cinema last week , to cold for swimming , was gonna take him to fun world , i was told not to lots of ruff people out there

there rollarjam but hes special needs

One of my favorite bands of all time..... Tonight, if anyone's around.

644095_525143530829846_64338479_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

anyone recommed something fun to do this weekend with my little brother & i

we did cinema last week , to cold for swimming , was gonna take him to fun world , i was told not to lots of ruff people out there

there rollarjam but hes special needs

I know I'm a bit late, but have you done mini-golf out in Castletroy yet, that is always good fun.

• I know I'm a bit late, but have you done mini-golf out in Castletroy yet, that is always good fun.

I'm later again! But ya, the Uni-Golf place is great for something to do on a quiet day. Myself and a few buddies used to venture out there every Sunday to deal with the self-inflicted "few scoops" damage from the night previous before we worked up the courage to get a bit of food into us. Unfortunately, the older we get, the less we see of the place :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mike Mac 156

Any one know if there are fireworks at king johns castle tomorrow night? Weren't there last year, wondering why if not

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

And So I Watch You From Afar are playing in Dolans this Thursday (supported by the always entertaining Fox Jaw Bounty Hunters). Have not listened to their new album yet, but Gangs was excellent.

Saturday night sees Kerbdog playing in Dolans. Wish I could go to this as I saw them years and years ago in the Savoy for one of the free at three gigs, but alas I shall be in Germany on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Kerbdog are back??

Advertisement