Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of Focus & Off Topic MkIII...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

smash wrote: »
    Not the first time I wanted to do it, but today I really wanted to shout at a photographer for being an inconsiderate git. In Dundrum they were displaying the tumbler and Batpod from the new batman movies and a guy strolls up, says he's a press photographer and while people were trying to take photos of their kids with the vehicles, or of the vehicles themselves he just kept walking in front of people or getting in the way and sitting on the car etc. just so he could get the shot he wanted :mad:

So because someone had to do their job and lets be honest - you don't matter in his/her job unless you are part of the job .... why should they take your feelings into consideration ?

do you notice other people around you when you work ?
    can you see behind you ? I doubt this photographer could...so he/she has no idea (and probably doesn't care) about the people behind him/her trying to take pics.
    were the people able to take their pics minutes after this person moved on ? How long were you inconvenienced for ???10-15mins !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Just because you have to do your job doesn't mean you have to be a douche about it, but hey, maybe I'm just nice.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Ah feck, I used to know how to embed a youtube clip on boards.ie but things appear different now. Could someone give me a quick fool proof few steps on how to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

humberklog wrote: »
    Ah feck, I used to know how to embed a youtube clip on boards.ie but things appear different now. Could someone give me a quick fool proof few steps on how to?
    In the link, copy and paste the bit after the "=", in bold here.

Then paste that in between the youtube tags.
    so you'll get

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Leftyflip wrote: »

That's the shot! I was way over complimacating the job at hand altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

Just because you have to do your job doesn't mean you have to be a douche about it, but hey, maybe I'm just nice.

have you ever had to take photos of something with people standing behind you ?.... people who actually want to photo the same thing.

with their iphones/compacts and SLR's they also want to photo the same thing - but they have been waiting for hours and you have only been told to go there 20mins ago, they are stuck behind a barrier and you are allowed to waltz through security because you are working ... they may have queue'd overnight and are now in the best position to get a clean pic and you walk in front of them because its the best position to get a pic..... its not being a "douche" ....

a press photographer doesn't choose their jobs, they are sent their by a paper/magazine if they have to inconvenience someone to get their pic its not for a very long time, and its not because they have an evil streak - its because they have to get a pic and move on to the next job - can the person who started the complaint tell us if he/she was able to get the pic afterwards or was his/her only opportunity the exact moment when the photographer was "blocking their view".

just also to point out "douche" ...is the french word for "shower" - it does not have any meaning in the ENGLISH dictionary (uk version)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

smash wrote: »
    All the people that get put out!
    Photographer's got his money, he doesn't care that you were put out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Corkbah wrote: »

just also to point out "douche" ...is the french word for "shower" - it does not have any meaning in the ENGLISH dictionary (uk version)
    It relates to douche bag, used in vaginal irrigation as well as irrigation of other cavaties. Words don't have to be in an English dictionary to have meaning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Corkbah wrote: »
    were the people able to take their pics minutes after this person moved on ? How long were you inconvenienced for ???10-15mins !!

No! You see the vehicles were on display and children were allowed in through the barrier for miute at a time to sit on the bike and get a photo. There was a que, people had to move on.

If you had a once in a lifetime chance to take a photo of your child with a prop from a film based on one of their favourite characters and someone kept getting in the way would you be annoyed?

Did I get the photo I wanted? Well I got a photo but I wasn't exactly happy with it but other kids needed to have a chance. And a few other parents were really put out by him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    That's a crazy story.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    It's my birthday today, 37 years young. As a birthday present if you could comment on any photo in my photoblog section you'll have made me happier.

Cheers,
    Pa.

p.s. got a Asus Transformer Pad from my wife! wow

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

No need for that anymore. You can now use the entire link.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

Anybody here have any examples of shots with P&S or bridge cameras? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭the_tractor

SdoowSirhc wrote: »
    Anybody here have any examples of shots with P&S or bridge cameras? :P

Go to flickr, pick any make/model of camera and look at the examples, or search.
    http://www.flickr.com/cameras/

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

Go to flickr, pick any make/model of camera and look at the examples, or search.
    http://www.flickr.com/cameras/
    Never thought of that :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i've only just noticed that fake vignetting (which at one point probably graced one third of the photographs posted to this forum) seems to have disappeared as a technique.

i wonder what the next fad will be - fake chromatic aberration (because the photographer wants us to think they've strapped a damaged halina 28mm to the camera because it has more 'character')?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭the_tractor

i've only just noticed that fake vignetting (which at one point probably graced one third of the photographs posted to this forum) seems to have disappeared as a technique.

Hey! I just started going that - I'm usually a bit behind fashionwise though, so that's probably ok.
    :-)

• Advertisement

i wonder what the next fad will be - fake chromatic aberration (because the photographer wants us to think they've strapped a damaged halina 28mm to the camera because it has more 'character')?
    Hey! I just started going that - I'm usually a bit behind fashionwise though, so that's probably ok.
    :-)

Fake vignetting? Down with that sort of thing.... just buy a bloody €5 holga lens :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I got my first camera for my 18th today! :D:D Delighted, a Nikon D5100 and I love it. It's my baby and I've only had a few hours. I was using my mothers' Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100 until now. Yay! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Might have been posted or seen before, but I thought this was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Anyone ever bought off the other vendors or "used" section on Amazon? Would it be trustworthy enough or is it very hit and miss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Looking at tripods in Harvey Norman today, and spotted this beauty!

The tripod is so good, that when you use it, you get married!

208824_10150937024736436_2113349186_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

since when did boards go https

did i miss the memo? or am i the only one seeing it

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    since when did boards go https

did i miss the memo? or am i the only one seeing it
    Not for me.

3mil just the bodies :( Wonder what happens to them all afterward. /stalksadverts

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

c'mon guys - it's the olympics, and which bodies do you find yourself drooling over?

Advertisement