Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out of Focus & Off Topic MkIII...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭xshayx

The_Dark_Room.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

ok, wedding stuff again; (I dare you not to smile at some of these)

Top 50 Wedding Photos

(DQ Warning - Mail Online behind that link :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I hate these little bastards :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i want one. brilliant idea (because it's one i had myself, but do not own a camera company so i could not follow it up)

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/05/10/Leica-announces-M-Monochrom-18MP-Full-Frame-Mono-Rangefinder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

What is a ballpark figure for a wedding?

I don't know if it's possible, but just photos, no printing or anything needed!

The plan was to do it myself, but some elements have changed, and I need to take on a more 'important' role, so won't be able to photog myself :P

It will be paid, but the wedding is being kept very low cost. Dinner and a few drinks included too :P

Tallon wrote: »
    What is a ballpark figure for a wedding?
    dunno, 120 guests?

• Advertisement

dunno, 120 guests?
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

http://jmcolberg.com/weblog/extended/archives/photography_after_photography/
    Painting erupted once its burden of depiction was lifted. Maybe as photographers we can do our own lifting, realizing what it means, for example, to say that every photograph has already been taken. Seen in that sense, photography could maybe be the first medium to move forward because it has made itself obsolete, at least to some extent.

there is scope there for a 'gallery of everything' - a randomly generated image (within certain constraints of colour depth and resolution); even choosing a low parameter for each would result in a gallery where the chances of two people getting the same image are astronomically small - for example, you would have 16^(640*480) possible variations in a small 4 bit image.

i suppose you could add in certain constraints to reduce that number - neighbouring pixels cannot be too far apart in colour, as few photographs would see a pixel by pixel change from solid black to pure white, for example.
    it'd be interesting to see what fraction of those images would look like anything other than random noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

i suppose you could add in certain constraints to reduce that number - neighbouring pixels cannot be too far apart in colour, as few photographs would see a pixel by pixel change from solid black to pure white, for example.
    it'd be interesting to see what fraction of those images would look like anything other than random noise.

I think we need more Borges :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Anyone watching Veep? Had to laugh when I saw this bit from the hilarious 5th episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Can you be the worst travel photographer going?

http://www.gapyear.com/news/178206/top-travel-photography-fails

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

How to deliver lighting lectures people will remember - boards post.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

The powers of Twitter-

I give my blog posts related/relevant musical titles (it's just a bit of fun for me). for my latest post I used the lyrics 'Sail through the sorrows of life’s marauders, Unrepenting, often empty, Sail on, sail on sailor', taken from the song 'Sail on, sail on sailer' by The Beach Boys.

I know Tom Dunne, of Newstalk, is fond of them so I tweeted him it to him this morning, he retweeted it and the post has over 100 hits so far today.

LWzfE.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Not the first time I wanted to do it, but today I really wanted to shout at a photographer for being an inconsiderate git. In Dundrum they were displaying the tumbler and Batpod from the new batman movies and a guy strolls up, says he's a press photographer and while people were trying to take photos of their kids with the vehicles, or of the vehicles themselves he just kept walking in front of people or getting in the way and sitting on the car etc. just so he could get the shot he wanted :mad:

Inside a lense...

r4PAP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

He's just doing his job.
    smash wrote: »
    Not the first time I wanted to do it, but today I really wanted to shout at a photographer for being an inconsiderate git. In Dundrum they were displaying the tumbler and Batpod from the new batman movies and a guy strolls up, says he's a press photographer and while people were trying to take photos of their kids with the vehicles, or of the vehicles themselves he just kept walking in front of people or getting in the way and sitting on the car etc. just so he could get the shot he wanted :mad:

Effects wrote: »
    He's just doing his job.
    He needs to be more considerate and aware of what's going on around him.

He's just doing his job.
    is this a subtle godwin?

smash wrote: »
    He needs to be more considerate and aware of what's going on around him.
    He needs to get paid.

is this a subtle godwin?
    No. Well maybe, but I'm unaware if it is.

edit:
    Just consulted wikipedia and I now believe it isn't a godwin.
    People in many jobs act like that photographer. They just want to do their work, get paid and then go. If it puts someone else out, who cares.

If it puts someone else out, who cares.

All the people that get put out!

i know photographers who are perfectly pleasant and polite and still get the shots.
    being a rude asshole is not excused by 'i'm here to do a job'.

• Advertisement

i know photographers who are perfectly pleasant and polite and still get the shots.
    being a rude asshole is not excused by 'i'm here to do a job'.
    Nail on the head.

Advertisement