Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Hope you're having a great time, ihsb! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,829 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Oh Ella, I hope your sister is okay and that you're okay too.

My mum had a brain aneurysm and she was good as new after the surgery a few days later. The brain is a lot hardier that you would imagine. But it is scary when there's a problem.

Same with my Mam (it runs in our family :(). My best friend had a fairly serious brain hemorrhage nearly 10 years ago and you'd never know now!

One girl I know has blood dripping on her brain. It hasn't stopped her doing anything, she just has to be a bit careful. The only indication is that one pupil is bigger than the other at all times!

Send my wishes to your sister Ella Bella. She's in good hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Hope all goes well with your sister Ella, I know a good few folk who have been admitted with the same thing and in most cases it was absolutely nothing but an over-caution, and all's been grand again after the initial scare very quickly.

My new word for the day is 'interosseous'. I swear every second sentence out of my mouth since about 1 this afternoon has involved it. Can't even pronounce it properly at this stage, it's coming out all 'inter-whats-ious-ly-thing'.... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

sigh, can I get a do-over of this day, been sh1te since it started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

krudler wrote: »

Ditto. I got up early to get to a driving lesson that's actually tomorrow, work sucked, I broke a cup and a glass, I'm super tired, I'm worried about my dad and there's even more stuff apart from that. Oh, and I feel tonsillitis brewing again

If you figure out the whole time travel thing, holla at yo' home girl.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

krudler wrote: »

I'll take one of them too.

Bike went from under me this morning, nearly skidded across 3 lanes. Bang down on my left hand side. Straight up, bikes grand, I'm grand - couple of scrapes. About an hour later realised my upper arm was killing. No swimming for me tonight. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Ouch RQ hope you're okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Ella I hope everything turns out ok - they're probably just being overly cautious x

Feeling quite the domestic goddess today - second load of laundry is on, Crunchie cheesecake made and in the fridge, soup for lunches made, portioned up and frozen, lasagne made and just waiting to go in the oven! Have an awful headache though, feels like the whole top of my head and face and jaw are being squashed in a clamp :-( nothing is making it go away!

Crunchy Cheesecake, you say? I can haz recipe, please? :D

In other news, currently wearing the size 22 jeans my aunt gave me and they are hanging off my hips. I now have a choice- go into New Look and get myself a nice pair of size 20s or at the very least try on a pair OR get a ticket to see Tenacious D.

Decisions, decisions...

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

McChubbin wrote: »

In other news, currently wearing the size 22 jeans my aunt gave me and they are hanging off my hips. I now have a choice- go into New Look and get myself a nice pair of size 20s or at the very least try on a pair OR get a ticket to see Tenacious D.

Decisions, decisions...

Buy the jeans, you'll look better and feel more confident in clothes that actually fit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

So I've just found a YouTube video that explains how to type in the address bar, as opposed to a search engine. Gonna be rolling that one out tonight, I imagine. If these people can make it on to YouTube that is!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

crunchie cheesecake sounds interesting

am set on my viennese whirls this evening though, once i make them small enough. if i have enough butter :confused:
    pretty butter-heavy recipe

ok i have 250g butter
    this recipe
    http://ibakewithout.com/2011/09/25/viennese-whirls/
    and this filling
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/viennese_whirls_78348
    what ye think :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Decisions, decisions...

New Look have a sale on at the moment (bought stuff in there yesterday myself) so maybe you can get both! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Waiting in the chinese with my daddy.. Mmmm...prawn toast!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Bluewolf - look delicious, but rather you than me. I've never been able to make Viennese whirls I'm happy with so I've given up on them to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Argh just took the piercing out of my lower naval. Gonna close it up. It's been there for a year now but just KEEPS getting infected. It's in a silly place, my jeans keep rubbing off it. Aw well. Looked cool though :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ifollowed the recipe exactly and the stupid mix wont cream :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    its ruinednow
    maybe ill just make stupid clumsy cookies

fcuk yourecipe im adding buttermilk
    see how you like them apples

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Ouch RQ hope you're okay.

I be grand. Made of tough stuff me and the dudes dig scars. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I'll take one of them too.

Bike went from under me this morning, nearly skidded across 3 lanes. Bang down on my left hand side. Straight up, bikes grand, I'm grand - couple of scrapes. About an hour later realised my upper arm was killing. No swimming for me tonight. :(

Oooh no, hope you're okay. Bicycle or motorbike?
    SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Waiting in the chinese with my daddy.. Mmmm...prawn toast!!

I love prawn toast!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

What is it about that moment when you leave the office and you have a lovely drive home as you're not stressing out anymore. It doesn't even matter that the M50 is manic because you're not in the stress anymore...

You stop in the supermarket and grab the bits and pieces for dinner and then you hit the checkout and there it is.... the large dairy milk for a euro.... WHY!?! :mad: You buy it and then you're in the car again and before you know it half of it has been inhaled!!! You get the sudden "Ah everything is going to be ok" moment and then WHAM... there is the guilt...

Naturally then you reach for the second half and sure you may aswell because otherwise you will just eat it tomorrow. Get it all gone in the one sitting and have done with it.

Jeez.... but it was soooo yummy.... feel soooo ill now though... ugh!!

Oooh no, hope you're okay. Bicycle or motorbike?

Just a bike thankfully and going round a corner at the time so relatively low speed with traffic behind me going slow and on the other side they were stopped at lights. Not really any consolation seen as I'm a bit sore but could have been a lot worse. Sure you're proof of that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

Just back from hosp. Theyre still none the wiser. She had a Cat scan and lumber puncture today which were clear and is having an MRI tomorrow. They think it might be just a virus :) fingers crossed :)

Thanks again guys for all the well wishes x x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Buy the jeans, you'll look better and feel more confident in clothes that actually fit you.
    You have a point. Okay, I'll head over to Omni tomorrow and do some shopping. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Ella Bella wrote: »
    Just back from hosp. Theyre still none the wiser. She had a Cat scan and lumber puncture today which were clear and is having an MRI tomorrow. They think it might be just a virus :) fingers crossed :)

Thanks again guys for all the well wishes x x

I was at the doctors last week with a stinking headache, ringing in my ears, dizziness, sickness, serious pressure pains....there's horrible viruses going at the mo, fingers crossed she's ok xx

buttermilk worked. so there.
    and they're not turning into giant monster cookies while baking either!

can see why they need cornflour as they're not quite crumbly like the real thing but still very nice :cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Decisions, decisions...

If you like the current jeans there is a tailor in pavillions in Swords that takes clothes in.

They can take them in up to four/five inches at the waist and will fit them all the way down, it's about €14 for it?

I had it done with jeans and work suits after I lost weight a while back.

RQ hope you are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Jaysus just after watching Love Your Garden with Alan Titchmarch in UTV. Was in tears at the end of it. Was a garden for a couple who's 27year old son died suddenly 2 years ago. Don't know what set me off. Think im an emotional wreck this evening! Week 2 into new job and little tired I suppose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Ahhhh itchy face! can there be anything worse? i have pityriosis.. and i swear to god... i wanna itch the face off myself but i heard breaking the itching cycle can help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Dunno whats wrong with me. I have no energy. Tired all the time. Boo.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Polloloca wrote: »

I'm the same at the moment, I got home from work this evening and contemplated going to bed at 7pm!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Polloloca wrote: »
    Stheno wrote: »
    I'm the same at the moment, I got home from work this evening and contemplated going to bed at 7pm!

I seriously think the dull, heavy weather is having an effect on people. At work on Sunday I kept having to go outside for air, I felt all heavy and lethargic.

I'm drinking on a Tuesday night, because f*** it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement