Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Stheno wrote: »
    I wish the ****ing pain I have constantly the past six weeks would go away.

Just be gone I want to wake up and not have the first thing I think of be pain, wondering how I'll get through the day, what meds I can take that won't feck me up in work, having a life at the weekends without wondering how it will hurt.

Sorry, am having a self pitying moment.

Im getting treatment but even privately it's a long hard slog.

I hear ya :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Lola92 wrote: »
    Looking forward to winter because fluffy socks are in the shops?

they are always in penneys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Polloloca wrote: »
    Its so cold. Im frozen. Need more socks. Bring on the winter.

I love the winter, summer blows, yeah I said it, who wants to fight me.fighting0030.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Lola92 wrote: »
    Looking forward to winter because fluffy socks are in the shops?
    they are always in penneys!!

They are always in my sock drawer :D And frequenty worn!

I love winter least it's always cold, wet, and windy, and you've spring to look forward to :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

They are always in my sock drawer :D And frequenty worn!

I love winter least it's always cold, wet, and windy, and you've spring to look forward to :)

Me too!! Love winter and autumn i get to cuddle up in the warmth and wear really nice warm clothes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

krudler wrote: »
    I love the winter, summer blows, yeah I said it, who wants to fight me.fighting0030.gif
    Are we going back down this road again. Dont make me open a can of:

whoop-ass.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Me too!! Love winter and autumn i get to cuddle up in the warmth and wear really nice warm clothes

You mean get in from the cold, snuggle into all sorts of clothes no one but your nearest and dearest would ever see you in, and slob on the sofa, covered in a slankie and a duvet

Come soon, dear winter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Love the warm clothes!

so sick of this crappy weather.. i'm landing in canada in january so it should be fab to see all the warm cosy clothes they have!

<3 old episodes of the big bang theory

Ella Bella wrote: »

whoop-ass.jpg

You forgot the toast.

Slathered in butter :(

Ella Bella wrote: »

pfff I could take ya.

Being serious little part of me wonders if I could handle myself in a real fight, would love to learn some self defence or martial art, last time I was in a fight was over 10 years ago and that was a stupid drunk guy who attacked me cos apparently I made a move on his girlfriend ( I wasnt even in the same club I was stood outside waiting for my mates after I was somewhere else).

• Advertisement

pfff I could take ya.

Being serious little part of me wonders if I could handle myself in a real fight, would love to learn some self defence or martial art, last time I was in a fight was over 10 years ago and that was a stupid drunk guy who attacked me cos apparently I made a move on his girlfriend ( I wasnt even in the same club I was stood outside waiting for my mates after I was somewhere else).
    You defo couldnt take me on. I'm a slippery little fúcker with a fierce right hook :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    :eek:

Get out.

That film is magical. It spawned sexy sax guy and the countless parodies of him. Including the most recent one with Jon Hamm.

Ergo, the Lost Boys is responsible for getting Jon Hamm topless.

Your argument is invalid.

I just want to thank you for that, even with dodgy sax hair ;) Also I kind of love that he never seems so stuck up as to not be able to take the píss out of the image that made him famous...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I can't stand watching people fighting, if I see a fight on a night out I get all panicky and need to leave. Just can't hack violence; be it real or on tv or in a movie.

We did self-defence in school; a pretty invaluable thing to learn, particularly for women as we learned ways to disable an attacker in ways that didn't require a huge amount of force.

...I still failed though :o

I did Kung-fu as part of my gaisce award in transition year. Think there was four different modules (I suppose that's the right word for it) and one of them was like personal development or something so I chose that. Did learn a bit of self-defence during it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Only time i ever came close to being in a fight was the night some girl threw a bottle at me. I was completely sober but id have hit her for sure except she wasnt worth it.

Why on earth did she do that, P?:eek:

I can't imagine being in a fight

Some jobs I've had, such as lifeguard, I've had to jump in and save lives, violence frightens me terribly, even raised voices intimidate me.

EmilyO wrote: »
    I can't stand watching people fighting, if I see a fight on a night out I get all panicky and need to leave. Just can't hack violence; be it real or on tv or in a movie.

We did self-defence in school; a pretty invaluable thing to learn, particularly for women as we learned ways to disable an attacker in ways that didn't require a huge amount of force.

...I still failed though :o

I used to live in an aprtment in Limerick City centre, just off O'Connell St, and saw fights loads of times out my bedroom window, never a dull moment.

in other news:

dar-daily-afternoon-randomness-30.jpg?w=500&h=500

Wouldn't voluntarily get in a fight for nothing but if somebody confronts me using violence then they get it back. Wouldn't go hammering the crap out of anyone but I would defend myself as best I could, within reason, like I'm not going to take on a 6foot rugby player but then again, I doubt a 6foot rugby player would be going around picking fights with ladies.

When I lived on the South Circular Road I lived in one of those houses that had been converted into little flats so there was 6 little flats in the house I was in. I lived at the back of the house and one night heard a big commotion out on the road (very noisy as the noise travelled to the back of the house), went outside and there was a group of foreigners across the road, who lived in the same sort of house, having a mass brawl out in the yard at the front of their house. It was madness. Ended up leaving the house and going to my friend's house for the night.

I used to live in an aprtment in Limerick City centre, just off O'Connell St, and saw fights loads of times out my bedroom window, never a dull moment.

in other news:

dar-daily-afternoon-randomness-30.jpg?w=500&h=500

is that a naked man person in a shower with a kitten?

and unshaved legs?

• Advertisement

is that a naked man person in a shower with a kitten?

and unshaved legs?

yes yes and....yes? arent most mens legs unshaven lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

EmilyO wrote: »

If I see fights break out on nights out I actively try to stop them. I usually just go in and break them up. I don't know why I do it...scares the shit outta my friends a lot of the time :/

I do taekwondo too and did karate for all my teenage years.

LOVE FIGHTING

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Ella, i was out for leaving cert results night, not mine i might add. I was 20. My exs friend was playing in the band that night and i wasnt drinking. Went into the bathroom, nobody in front of me. Waited for a free cubicle only for two drunk girls to walk past me into it. No big deal. Waited for next one, happened again. 3rd time i was practically hopping from foot to foot. 3rd cubicle became free and i walked towards it only to be pushed out of the way. Some howiya shouted at me that there was a q and i retorted that she should know as she was at the back of it. She got really aggressive and i told her to f off. Walked towards cubicle again and she let the bottle fly. It barely missed me and smashed off the door soaking me and ive never been as tempted to knock someone out before or since. Im not a fighter and she just wasnt worth it, lowlife.

Lia_lia wrote: »
    If I see fights break out on nights out I actively try to stop them. I usually just go in and break them up. I don't know why I do it...scares the shit outta my friends a lot of the time :/

LOVE FIGHTING

have seen people turn on guys (and girls) trying to stop fights before though, can be dodgy.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I can't imagine being in a fight

Some jobs I've had, such as lifeguard, I've had to jump in and save lives, violence frightens me terribly, even raised voices intimidate me.

Same.

I got slapped in the face on a night out before, by someone skipping the coats queue when I called her on it. My reaction? Burst into tears.

I get a sore tummy when I hear arguing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Lia_lia wrote: »
    If I see fights break out on nights out I actively try to stop them. I usually just go in and break them up. I don't know why I do it...scares the sh[SIZE="2"]i[/SIZE]t outta my friends a lot of the time :/

LOVE FIGHTING

have seen people turn on guys (and girls) trying to stop fights before though, can be dodgy.

Yeah, I suppose having martial arts experience would be an advantage, but if one of my friends did that, I'd be concerned for their safety

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I'm not a fighter but my boyfriend is a big guy and a boxer and he'll often try to keep the peace if he sees a fight. Most of the time if people see a bigger guy stepping up they bow out pretty quick. Handy cause I live on a tough road where fights are very frequent :/

I'm just back from Phantom of the opera and it was DEADLY!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I love the winter, summer blows, yeah I said it, who wants to fight me.
    Add me to the 'I love winter' list.
    Maybe I'd change my mind if I lived in a country that gets a summer- I dunno! :rolleyes:

Winter has woolly jumpers, hot cups of tea, steaming bowls of stew, big thick fluffy socks and cosy duvets. Not to mention the Christmas season where everything twinkles and there is a constant party atmosphere, families reuniting for the holidays and sparkly lights adorning every street corner. :)

I was just thinking today that I'm looking forward to the first Winter stew (you can only have stew during Winter) but I don't love Winter. I love weather that doesn't make driving a bike anymore dangerous. Cold doesn't bother me but aquaplaning does :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Posy wrote: »
    Add me to the 'I love winter' list.
    Maybe I'd change my mind if I lived in a country that gets a summer- I dunno! :rolleyes:

Winter has woolly jumpers, hot cups of tea, steaming bowls of stew, big thick fluffy socks and cosy duvets. Not to mention the Christmas season where everything twinkles and there is a constant party atmosphere, families reuniting for the holidays and sparkly lights adorning every street corner. :)

And there's "Driving Home For Christmas", and "Fairytale of New York" ...

And fires, and cosy nights in, and selection boxes everywhere! :D

I much prefer winter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement