Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More violence in Dublin City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

Degsy wrote: »
    Have you ever encountered people like the scumbags in the video?

I see them all the time and its thier behaviour rather than their dress that enables people to generalise about them...they're nothing but an anti-social menace.

I have. But it depends who 'they' are. How do you know a young man is one of them?

What's embarrassing is you making up a story about a video to suit your own agenda, then complaining when someone points this out.
    i'd pay to see you perform in court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Leftist wrote: »
    i'd pay to see you perform in court.
    I'll send you my timetable, we can agree a fee at the door. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I have. But it depends who 'they' are. How do you know a young man is one of them?

What exactly are you talking about?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Classic video, deserved every punch, takedown, hammerfist and kick they got. I have to laugh at the people here defending the scumbags...

It's so hilarious, in fact, that I'm gonna spunk my 5,000 post on boards.ie on it!

how do you know they deserved it?

how do you know the backstory?

there's a video going around of a bloke in russia approaching a door to a club and kicking lumps out of about 4 people. When the video was first published it was labelled, man fights back against gang of 4.

The actual story behind it was an unprovoked attack by that man on four young men who didn't even put up a fight.

My point is everyone is looking for some bad boy gets his comeupance on video. bully victims living throgh some justice dished out on camera. Maybe try to understand the full story or you could be championing the bully/aggressor to suit a fantasy.

I would have though this kind of sh!t was obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

odd that people jump to conclusions. My cousin knows those two young fellas, the smaller of the 'units' was groping the young man's bird the previous evening as she was walking home. He was trying to defend her honour and prevent these beasts from assaulting his lady.
    Maybe in eastern europe it's fine to grope women you never met but these are exactly the kind of brave irishmen who won't stand for it.

Are you one of the knackers in the video? Are you scumbag no1 or scumbag no2? Well whichever one you were you fvcking deserved what you got.

It's clear from the video that the two eastern europeans are simply defending themselves against typical inner city scum. Well played sirs - showed great restraint IMO.

• Advertisement

Are you one of the knackers in the video? Are you scumbag no1 or scumbag no2? Well whichever one you were you fvcking deserved what you got.

It's clear from the video that the two eastern europeans are simply defending themselves against typical inner city scum. Well played sirs - showed great restraint IMO.

Yep. I'm scumbag no.1. I took an imaginary kicking because I gave you info you didn't want.

grown men engaged in fantasy witch trials.

Yep. I'm scumbag no.1. I took an imaginary kicking because I gave you info you didn't want.

grown men engaged in fantasy witch trials.

The bloke with the umbrella made the first attack..the other guy came to his aid and they both got creamed.

This was no "fantasy witch trial"(whatever that means)...it was a typical example of shiitheads starting trouble with innocent parties but in this case they came off worst.

The bloke with the umbrella made the first attack..the other guy came to his aid and they both got creamed.

This was no "fantasy witch trial"(whatever that means)...it was a typical example of shiitheads starting trouble with innocent parties but in this case they came off worst.

don't know what happened before the camera rolled though, do you?

i've only seen one version. Micko was coming at the poles with the brolly, giving it the old lion tamer, what happened before that, based on the evidence you've amassed?

he'd have to have serious learning difficulties if he tried to take on two pretty handy looking units with an umbrella. That's not like micko.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

how do you know they deserved it?

how do you know the backstory?

there's a video going around of a bloke in russia approaching a door to a club and kicking lumps out of about 4 people. When the video was first published it was labelled, man fights back against gang of 4.

The actual story behind it was an unprovoked attack by that man on four young men who didn't even put up a fight.

My point is everyone is looking for some bad boy gets his comeupance on video. bully victims living throgh some justice dished out on camera. Maybe try to understand the full story or you could be championing the bully/aggressor to suit a fantasy.

I would have though this kind of sh!t was obvious.

Let's have a little game shall we?

Who was initially walking away from the confrontation?
    Who was initially being aggressive?
    Who tried to attack first?
    Who defended themselves?
    Who then walked away once threat has been resolved when they could have easily killed them?

Ok, time's up! Pens down everyone!!! Leftist, pen down!!!

The peopel who watched this happen have stated that the guys that were dressed as scumbag junkies were actually *shock* acting like scumbag junkies!!!:eek:

The fact that you are defending the situation here is absolutely bizarre to me, and to the vast majority of people on here.

9 times out of 10, these scumbags would get away with it. I have seen similar things in Dublin over the years where the people being attacked/goaded had to take it and walk away. Not this time.

Right in the fcuking kisser pal.

don't know what happened before the camera rolled though, do you?

i've only seen one version. Micko was coming at the poles with the brolly, giving it the old lion tamer, what happened before that, based on the evidence you've amassed?

he'd have to have serious learning difficulties if he tried to take on two pretty handy looking units with an umbrella. That's not like micko.

Who the fcuk said they were Poles? And you dare tell people not to assume everything? Hilarious double standards.

• Advertisement

Let's have a little game shall we?

Who was initially walking away from the confrontation?
    Who was initially being aggressive?
    Who tried to attack first?
    Who defended themselves?
    Who then walked away once threat has been resolved when they could have easily killed them?

Ok, time's up! Pens down everyone!!! Leftist, pen down!!!

all based on assumption. How do you know they are addicted to/or using heroin? that's arguably the most pretentious assumption yet, based on a video you can call that.

regarding your questions on who started first, how do you know what happened prior to the recording? You can't. The world doesn't stop and start just when you're paying attention.
    Who the fcuk said they were Poles? And you dare tell people not to assume everything? Hilarious double standards.

actually poles isn't an insult so why that presumption is taken to account when it has already been repeatedly made is quite an horrendus remark, unless of course you find the term poles to be insulting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

he'd have to have serious learning difficulties if he tried to take on two pretty handy looking units with an umbrella. That's not like micko.[/QUOTE]

Dude tell me you are having a laugh here! Micko??

Groping Poles...dont forget!

neckedit wrote: »

Dude tell me you are having a laugh here! Micko??[/QUOTE]

Did you type dude and then remark scornfully at a monikor?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

all based on assumption. How do you know they are addicted to/or using heroin? that's arguably the most pretentious assumption yet, based on a video you can call that.

regarding your questions on who started first, how do you know what happened prior to the recording? You can't. The world doesn't stop and start just when you're paying attention.

actually poles isn't an insult so why that presumption is taken to account when it has already been repeatedly made is quite an horrendus remark, unless of course you find the term poles to be insulting.

It's quite clear from the video who the agressors are, i think you just have too much time on your hands and are trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

This thread is turning into that video it's based on.

Leftist is playing the 2 scrotes and everyone else is Polish.

I don't find the term "Poles" insulting. I love Poland and it's people. My fiancee is Polish.

I find you labelling them as Polish without any idea of their nationality a disgrace. Not because of their actions, which were completely justified, but because of the fact you clearly seem to have an issue with the behaviour of the lads and you label them as Polish. Polish, brazilian, English, Irish. It doesn't matter.

As adults, and not children (as you are fond of stating), we use our life experiences as a basis to judge a situation, assess the findings and make a judgement based on those findings. A child would argue "oh those poor men in tracksuits why are they being beaten. What did they do?"

Life lesson.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and sounds like a duck.

It's a fcuking duck.

"odd that people jump to conclusions. My cousin knows those two young fellas, the smaller of the 'units' was groping the young man's bird the previous evening as she was walking home. He was trying to defend her honour and prevent these beasts from assaulting his lady.
    Maybe in eastern europe it's fine to grope women you never met but these are exactly the kind of brave irishmen who won't stand for it."

Yeah, superb initial contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

They were only having the bant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

I typed "dude", yes!, Remarked scornfully at a monikor??when did I do that?
    But you are having a laugh/troll, Right? Your cousin knows Micko, and this fight was all over one of the other guys groping trackies "bird" the night before? catch a grip of yourself!! Coming on here telling lies and then getting ratty cause no one believes you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Advertisement

At the end one of the Poles (is that what we're going with? :pac: ) picks up his jacket on his way. It's fairly obvious that the Polish lads were going in one direction, backtracked to deal with something and then went on their way again. Looking at the people involved ya know what, maybe I am prejudiced but I'm going to assume they were defending themselves.

I don't find the term "Poles" insulting. I love Poland and it's people. My fiancee is Polish.

I find you labelling them as Polish without any idea of their nationality a disgrace. Not because of their actions, which were completely justified, but because of the fact you clearly seem to have an issue with the behaviour of the lads and you label them as Polish. Polish, brazilian, English, Irish. It doesn't matter.
    first of all you need to know I don't care about your opinion on poland. The information, albeit arguably innaccurate I will suggest, was that the two 'units' were polish.

to suggest they are polish may be innaccurate, but it is not or could not be concieved as an insult. Unless you found the term insulting.

As adults, and not children (as you are fond of stating), we use our life experiences as a basis to judge a situation, assess the findings and make a judgement based on those findings. A child would argue "oh those poor men in tracksuits why are they being beaten. What did they do?"
    Completely wrong.
    that you would actually say it's more mature and sophistocted (mentally) to jump tp a conclusion on limited evidence, about strangers, draws a very distinct and extremetly unflattering self portrait.

You even assumed them were involved in heroin based on that video alone :D come on, seriously.

Morlar wrote: »
    This thread is turning into that video it's based on.

Leftist is playing the 2 scrotes and everyone else is Polish.

explain.

based on your opinion, the favoured opinion, two young lads attacked who huge lads, unprovoked.

I am trying to discourage making false assumptions and jumping to conclusions to suit what I find this to be, a fantasy. Middle class people want to see these two young men as guilty, even before they know the full story.

disclaimer: I know and expect some geniune genius will presume that I am hinting, based on that video, that the 'units' were about to be soaked in a downpour and the young men were trying to give them an umbrella, and the saddest thing is, they won't even be joking when they think it.

first of all you need to know I don't care about your opinion on poland. The information, albeit arguably innaccurate I will suggest, was that the two 'units' were polish.

to suggest they are polish may be innaccurate, but it is not or could not be concieved as an insult. Unless you found the term insulting.

Completely wrong.
    that you would actually say it's more mature and sophistocted (mentally) to jump tp a conclusion on limited evidence, about strangers, draws a very distinct and extremetly unflattering self portrait.

You even assumed them were involved in heroin based on that video alone :D come on, seriously.

Ah sorry man, I just went back though your posts in other threads and now see they kind of poster you actually are. Not going to waste my time responsing to your "serious arguments".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Ah lads this has turned into an awful argument so as a well spoken lady once said ......

Ahhhhhhhhh Leave irrrrrrrr ouwwwwwwwwwwwww

I am trying to discourage making false assumptions and jumping to conclusions to suit what I find this to be, a fantasy. Middle class people want to see these two young men as guilty, even before they know the full story.

This is not a 'class' issue. I think it's funny that you assume everyone else is wrong - while simultaneously assigning yourself the role of policing others' assumptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

This is not a 'class' issue. I think it's funny that you assume everyone else is wrong - while simultaneously assigning yourself the role of policing others' assumptions.

Bor-fcuking-ing

Blondini wrote: »
    Bor-fcuking-ing

:)

didn't say everyone was wrong. Picked specific points. Suggesting I thought everyone was wrong is, imho, a cheap way of marginalise my point and legitimise your point by standing behind the collective.

nothing I said has been countered with anything resembling a consider thought, it's either I'm a knacker, I'm one of the knackers, I'm a troll, or I'm a liar.

All basically steming from the fact I have suggested you consider your condemnation of strangers until you have all evidence.

That in definition is a witch trial.

We have one gentleman suggesting in seriousness that the two young men were addicted to heroin based on the video, and then proceeding to insult me for countering this ridiculous statement.

But 3/4, i.e 'everyone' has made up their mind completely so why change it. Based on what I've read (available evidence only tbf) I can't expect any one of you will reach a position that will give you power to use these assumptions to damage democracy or justice, so who cares really at the end of the day.

Just try to think next time. There could be something more to it all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

Witch HUNT

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement