Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Premium appears

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

It better be worth the money or by jesus EA, I will not be happy!
    And they won't give one fook whether you are or not! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I bought premium last wednesday and have barely played the new maps. No rush. Not happy.

Next DLC better be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

play tonigth on the craggy server...we're running the new maps with the new modes and some of the old city maps as well (infantry only)
    Great crack last night on it :) it's a 16 player server so lots of action going on

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/0ba5be88-eee2-40de-bf64-58fc31ee5f42/Craggy-Island-Server-2-CQ-DLCs-All-Modes-Maps/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah my K/D ratio is looking to good, could give it a go and get it back down where it belongs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Decryptor wrote: »
    It better be worth the money or by jesus EA, I will not be happy!
    And they won't give one fook whether you are or not! :D

Wait till I write bad things here about them! That will teach them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

danniemcq wrote: »
    yeah my K/D ratio is looking to good, could give it a go and get it back down where it belongs

don't worry...we'll reduce your kdr for you...free of charge :D

Blazer wrote: »
    don't worry...we'll reduce your kdr for you...free of charge :D

oh you guys are the best!

I don't know what i'd do without yous

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

oh you guys are the best!

I don't know what i'd do without yous

Still have tags?

RustySpoon wrote: »
    Still have tags?
    Dannie always has free tags :D

RustySpoon wrote: »
    Still have tags?
    Decryptor wrote: »
    Dannie always has free tags :D

you guys are a$$holes!

where is my pkp....

• Advertisement

I'm overdue a set of them actually. Make sure you join tonight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

There are some expansions I like the sound of, BUT is it worth taking the risk? Imagine if the expansions all suck (the only one I'm really interested in atm is Armoured Kill, and I already have B2K)- we have no idea considering we know so little about most of them.

Also, the weapons and stuff don't interest me. A-E-K, All-The-Way!

What i really want are all the Bad Company maps back (I know they are in a different universe but those maps are all great nonetheless) as I was a great fan of the Bad Company maps, particularly those in the first one like Harvest Day, Oasis, End of the Line, Valley Run, Deconstruction, Ascension, Over and Out plus there were great DLC maps like Acta Non Verba and Ghost Town. Bad Company 2 had maps like Arica, Panama Canal, Heavy Metal and Atacama Desert. Wonderful maps. imo, the maps in BF3 are rather forgettable, aside from Caspian, Metro (for the wrong reasons!) and Kharg. Even then those maps are rather poor compared to Harvest Day etc.

As a massive BC fan, I really want those maps back! Beautiful maps. i can still remember the tactics I used in all those BC1 maps! Was I the only one that got Beans, Bullets, Bandages?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Oh if only you knew how bf should be played you wouldnt want bc 1 or bc 2 maps lol

Bf2 is what you want or 2142

ah bf2, how i fondly remember thee.

Helis were so much nicer to fly too. Used to love flying into the underside of the aircraft carrier to pick people up.

(LAN games btw wouldn't dick around in a proper game!)

Oh if only you knew how bf should be played you wouldnt want bc 1 or bc 2 maps lol

Bf2 is what you want or 2142

BF2 absolutely sucked. Plus the maps were forgettable aside from Karkand and Oman. I enjoyed BC2 and BC1 maps much more than BF2 maps. Bigger maps does not mean better maps! I reinstalled BF2 recently as I got UPC internet and before had been having severe connection problems (I have wireless) that paralysed my game. Absolutely hated playing it. It was severely unbalanced (the PKM and other LMGs particularly as well as the tanks which seemed to fire artillery rounds).

BF2<BF3<BC2 Vietnam<Jesus' Underpants<BC1<BC2

I got Project Reality too and enjoyed it more than BF2 but I started to hate it after a while. Coming from a guy who loves ARMA 2.

Jets could easily be ported into Harvest Day, End of the Line or Oasis. Considering most BF3 maps are already as large as BC1 maps your point doesn't make much sense. (Even Caspian CQ 64 is roughly the same size as Harvest Day or Oasis.)

And Oasis and Harvest Day are massive combined arms maps is that not what Battlefield is about?

it isnt the size of the maps its how the maps are laid out.

In bf2 maps where laid out alot better than in bf3.

Even bf2142 had better maps

BF2 expansions where much better, had some really good maps like Ghost Town

Bc1 was console only and an arcade game shouldnt even be mentioned

Bc2 was fun but the maps where crap all people did was noob tube buildings till the map was nothing but rubble.

Bc1 was console only and an arcade game shouldnt even be mentioned

I always preferred BC1 to BF2 anyway. The gameplay just didn't appeal to me in BF2. And I guess the maps delighted me too. I suppose I also enjoyed BC1 as it was a break from COD.

There was one pretty good map in BF2, in the Armoured Fury pack. It was a giant highway map with rest stops and overpasses and such, set in America. Reminded me a lot of World in Conflict. It was, however, a bit all over the place.

What is your opinion on the BF3 maps?

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    I always preferred BC1 to BF2 anyway. The gameplay just didn't appeal to me in BF2. And I guess the maps delighted me too. I suppose I also enjoyed BC1 as it was a break from COD.

There was one pretty good map in BF2, in the Armoured Fury pack. It was a giant highway map with rest stops and overpasses and such, set in America. Reminded me a lot of World in Conflict. It was, however, a bit all over the place.

What is your opinion on the BF3 maps?

There not bad but there's not much squad defending points within the maps, im not saying camping but its very easy to take flags in general.

I remember bf2 and 2142 some times you'd spend half a game trying to take one flag because a squad was there defending it.

Or having to use tactics to take a flag.

In bf3 i just run from flag to flag killing people i dont really worry about what or whos on a flag cause odds are no one is there, instead there off running to another flag

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Not happy with the new assignments, very lazy for DICE to reuse the same four weapons :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Particularly gutted about the L96. It's a proper sniper rifle, so you can't really be too aggressive with it. Don't have the patience to snipe with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Particularly gutted about the L96. It's a proper sniper rifle, so you can't really be too aggressive with it. Don't have the patience to snipe with that.

Metro hardcore, thats how i racked up the 50 kills quickly for the first challenge. There was 1 beautiful bit where i flanked the russians as they covering our spawn lined up behind them got 3 headshots with 1 bullet then took 4 more with the 93R. Lined up behind the spawn beacon they placed, waited and got another 2 headshots with 1 bullet. 350M headshot will be tough though.

PKP is what pissed me, hate the PKP, give me the M249 or M27 anyday.

PKP is what pissed me, hate the PKP, give me the M249 or M27 anyday.

Blasphemy!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

More free stuff got added for Premium users:

https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654784089556895/

camo packs?

thats a lot of work for nothing....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Was looking at the new assisgnments yesterday (xbox 360)

It actually says "350 meter headshot with the L96 ... 0/350"
    Surely thats a mistake? :pac: you only need one right? and not have to get 350 350-metre shots?! lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Was looking at the new assisgnments yesterday (xbox 360)

It actually says "350 meter headshot with the L96 ... 0/350"
    Surely thats a mistake? :pac: you only need one right? and not have to get 350 350-metre shots?! lol.

It's 350m of headshots in total. You can get 10 35m headshots to beat it, 2 175m headshots, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

camo packs?

thats a lot of work for nothing....

It's like the dudes who bust there asses to get a very specific tag they want...only to have it ripped of their freshly perforated corpse.

It's like the dudes who bust there asses to get a very specific tag they want...only to have it ripped of their freshly perforated corpse.

know that feeling :(

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    It's 350m of headshots in total. You can get 10 35m headshots to beat it, 2 175m headshots, etc.
    No I'm afraid its one 350m headshot, but it records your longest one so far, I'm on 305m :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

No I'm afraid its one 350m headshot, but it records your longest one so far, I'm on 305m :(

*Shrugs* Don't have Premium myself but people doing it across several headshots is what I heard on Battlelog's forum.

Advertisement