Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Lets keep things spoiler free guys please, especially those that looked at the OST track list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Is there any pre-screening competition on this one?

www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a376204/district-9-star-sharlto-copley-for-oldboy-remake-villain-role.html/

For anybody silly enough to believe Nolan will return to the franchise :P

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Andy!! wrote: »
    www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a376204/district-9-star-sharlto-copley-for-oldboy-remake-villain-role.html/

For anybody silly enough to believe Nolan will return to the franchise :P

Thats about casting for the Oldboy remake??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Thats about casting for the Oldboy remake??

I assume he meant this link... :D
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a389264/christoper-nolan-will-never-do-another-batman-film-says-his-wife.html
    Doubt many really expected another from him. I'd love to see him make more stuff outside of the series anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,185 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Corkfeen wrote: »
    I assume he meant this link... :D
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a389264/christoper-nolan-will-never-do-another-batman-film-says-his-wife.html
    Doubt many really expected another from him. I'd love to see him make more stuff outside of the series anyway.

He's made it pretty obvious he won't be back, could see him staying on as a producer though maybe.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It was already confirmed a while ago that he will be producing the reboot. But as with Man of Steel, I don't think he will have much creative involvement beyond giving the project his blessing and getting a cut of the profits.

I didn't think Nolan had any involvement whatsoever with Superman. Goyer, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Andy!! wrote: »
    I didn't think Nolan had any involvement whatsoever with Superman. Goyer, yes.

Pretty sure he's producing it, he also has a writing credit on it according to imdb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I'm a bit late to the party here but what experiences do people have with iSense in the Point Village? - is it worth going down that end of town to see a film?

Also, on the cineworld website, are you alloted seats or is it free seating? I don't want to book online and then find out I have **** seats!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Booked my ticket for Mahon Point in Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

There are online bookings in the IMC in Dun Laoghaire now on their website here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I expect that just like after Spider-Man 3, we can expect news of a reboot fairly soon after this trilogy ends. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if next summer's Man of Steel at least hints at the wider DC universe, with the inevitable Batman reboot possibly tying into it towards an eventual Justice League film. Yeah I know that's all pie in the sky thinking for now but WB will have watched The Avengers box office gross with huge envy and I don't think it would make sense for the next Batman to be as gritty and grounded as Nolan's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I expect that just like after Spider-Man 3, we can expect news of a reboot fairly soon after this trilogy ends. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if next summer's Man of Steel at least hints at the wider DC universe, with the inevitable Batman reboot possibly tying into it towards an eventual Justice League film. Yeah I know that's all pie in the sky thinking for now but WB will have watched The Avengers box office gross with huge envy and I don't think it would make sense for the next Batman to be as gritty and grounded as Nolan's.
    They already confirmed ages ago that the series was being rebooted after this film.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Corkfeen wrote: »
    They already confirmed ages ago that the series was being rebooted after this film.

I mean an official event, like when Garfield was unveiled as Spidey a few months after Spider-Man 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,140 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Lar-deSouza-Garfield-Spider-Man.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I'm a bit late to the party here but what experiences do people have with iSense in the Point Village? - is it worth going down that end of town to see a film?

Also, on the cineworld website, are you alloted seats or is it free seating? I don't want to book online and then find out I have **** seats!
    I've only got good things to say about it. The immersive sound is awesome, and its a 4k projector (as far as I know, one of, if not the, only one in the country) so since TDRK is actually shot in 4k it should be visually stunning aswell.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I've only got good things to say about it. The immersive sound is awesome, and its a 4k projector (as far as I know, one of, if not the, only one in the country) so since TDRK is actually shot in 4k it should be visually stunning aswell.

Vue is 4K as well.

And TDKR was actually shot on film, but yeah, the digital print would be 4K.

I watched Batman Begins last night to refresh my memory - great film!

I attack the Dark Knight in the next couple of weeks.

"Does it come in black?" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I really don't want a Justice League film dictating the direction in which the next reboot goes. I want a director with his own solid vision for a new franchise, not someone who is going to be towing the party line alongside 3 or 4 other directors in order to set up a JL film.

• Advertisement

I really don't want a Justice League film dictating the direction in which the next reboot goes. I want a director with his own solid vision for a new franchise, not someone who is going to be towing the party line alongside 3 or 4 other directors in order to set up a JL film.

There's no reason why that can't happen while still setting the film in the wider DC universe. I think Marvel did a great job of it, apart from Iron Man 2 and the overly rushed final act of Captain America, setting up the Avengers didn't really effect any of the other films in a bad way. Plus each film still managed to be quite different to the others in tone and vision. After Avengers' success WB will be pushing hard for a JL film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Bought the poster in Golden Discs today for 5 euro:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

thinking bout going as Bane for Halloween :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,140 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

There's no reason why that can't happen while still setting the film in the wider DC universe...
    If the next director/writer team have a fully formed version in mind that happens to fit a wider DC universe then fair enough. But trying to adapt an idea or create with that restriction is a bad idea IMO.

There's no reason why that can't happen while still setting the film in the wider DC universe. I think Marvel did a great job of it, apart from Iron Man 2 and the overly rushed final act of Captain America, setting up the Avengers didn't really effect any of the other films in a bad way. Plus each film still managed to be quite different to the others in tone and vision. After Avengers' success WB will be pushing hard for a JL film.

As Mellor says, if it fits the overall plan than that's fine, but I'd hate to think someone could come along with a stunning vision, only to be dismissed as the vision doesn't fit with what WB/DC want for their new JL universe.
    krudler wrote: »

Can't wait til Forbidden Planet get the masks in. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Can't wait til Forbidden Planet get the masks in. :pac:

are they getting them? there are unofficial ones online and on ebay but they're pricey, might try make one myself, I tend to take my halloween costumes way too seriously :pac:

Mellor wrote: »
    If the next director/writer team have a fully formed version in mind that happens to fit a wider DC universe then fair enough. But trying to adapt an idea or create with that restriction is a bad idea IMO.
    As Mellor says, if it fits the overall plan than that's fine, but I'd hate to think someone could come along with a stunning vision, only to be dismissed as the vision doesn't fit with what WB/DC want for their new JL universe.

I get what you're saying but I wouldn't see it as a restriction no more than I'd see having to make a film set in the Star Wars universe or any other fictional universe which acknowledges the existence of that wider universe. Unless they decide to go with a quasi-realistic direction again then fitting it into a wider DC universe wouldn't be a problem imho.

At the end of the day the studio will only go with the directors vision if they think it will make money which is a much worse reason than being told it has to fit within certain mythos.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Probably a bad idea.
    Remember halloween 2008? everyone went as the joker.

are they getting them? there are unofficial ones online and on ebay but they're pricey, might try make one myself, I tend to take my halloween costumes way too seriously :pac:

I'd say so, they usually get masks and other accessories into the shop in accordance to what's flavour of the month.
    I get what you're saying but I wouldn't see it as a restriction no more than I'd see having to make a film set in the Star Wars universe or any other fictional universe which acknowledges the existence of that wider universe. Unless they decide to go with a quasi-realistic direction again then fitting it into a wider DC universe wouldn't be a problem imho.

At the end of the day the studio will only go with the directors vision if they think it will make money which is a much worse reason than being told it has to fit within certain mythos.

True enough, I'm just finding it hard to trust DC/WB given their attempts thus far at getting these superhero franchises off the ground, excluding Nolan's Batman of course.
    Probably a bad idea.
    Remember halloween 2008? everyone went as the joker.

Dunno if Bane would carry the same pop culture cred that the Joker does though. Though it would be typical if people jumped on the bandwagon. Hardy oozes charisma, if anyone can turn Bane into a pop culture phenomenon, it's him.

• Advertisement

Re dressing up as Bane....not everyone would be able to pull it off <see below>

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQ1u5Y9HVc9HAePehLDe3EmuWCHQNOp5J62-mPG3aRquFRpVEC

The Joker was different - fully clothed average build and the main area of attraction was the makeup\mouth scar...

Advertisement