Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

If they show any more there'll be no point in going to see it. I wish i hadn't watched any of the trailers or tv spots. There is 10 times more hype about this than the last one. I just hope it produces the goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

MJ23 wrote: »
    If they show any more there'll be no point in going to see it. I wish i hadn't watched any of the trailers or tv spots. There is 10 times more hype about this than the last one. I just hope it produces the goods.

I've watched the teaser and trailer, thats it. I'm not doing a Prometheus on this and having half the movie sussed before I go

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Did anyone hear of any confirmation of Cillian Murphy being in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Did anyone hear of any confirmation of Cillian Murphy being in this?
    He was very cryptic about it in an interview with DigitalSpy last week - I'd say he probably will!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/video/v1689632161001/cillian-murphy-teases-dark-knight-rises-appearance.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Just over a month to go lads! This better be worth it, I've been following this thread for 2 years now...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

WB have put this together so that you can download media and creat your own trailer

http://www.importedfromgothamcity.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Best trailer so far. Looks absolutely exceptional. First time seeing Bane fight Batman I just can't imagine how great those fight scenes are going to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Duggy747 wrote: »

best trailer yet. i loved when bane said "Mr. Wayne"

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

alalalalala must resist alalalalalalala

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,213 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

krudler wrote: »
    I've watched the teaser and trailer, thats it. I'm not doing a Prometheus on this and having half the movie sussed before I go

Haven't gone near the tv spots but I don't think the trailers have given much away at all. TDK's trailers seemed to give a lot away too but when I watched the movie I wasn't sure where it was going half the time at all. I didn't even know Dent was going to be two face by the end of it (though it was hinted at a in one trailer iirc), I thought that was going to be left til the third film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Haven't gone near the tv spots but I don't think the trailers have given much away at all. TDK's trailers seemed to give a lot away too but when I watched the movie I wasn't sure where it was going half the time at all. I didn't even know Dent was going to be two face by the end of it (though it was hinted at a in one trailer iirc), I thought that was going to be left til the third film.

true the run time is also 2 hours and 45 minutes for this film. so i do believe we have seen f all really. i don't even know the true details of the plot the only thing i know is its 8 years after the events of the dark knight and bane has come to destroy Gotham. so congrats to the studio for keeping us still guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Bane: "Mr..... wayne"

me: run-around-smiley.gif?1292867665

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Don't think Nolan could ever be accused of giving away too much in a trailer tbh, I'm a huge fan of the man.

TDK will take some beating, but TDKR seems to be going deeper and darker again and might give it a run for it's money. In any case, this trilogy may just be the defining benchmark that raises the stakes for future revamps and remakes.

This is how it should be done.

That shot of Bats in the tunnel with the flashing lights is top notch.

1 month!!! It's not fair!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

God damn wish I hadn't watched that trailer, 90% sure Bane knew Bats' identity but still would have liked the element of surprise.
    :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Still no Midnight showing in Cork ? Grrr

Think I'll be avoiding trailers / TV spots from here on out....so so tempting though !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Could be wrong but the delivery/tone of Bane's "...Gotham's reckoning" line in this trailer sounds a little different to the last trailer #3. Almost like it's been tweaked again. Anyways, definitely not having issues understanding his dialogue now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,684 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I know it's off topic but this tee shirt will have to be got for the premiere

http://www.qwertee.com/

productimage-picture-the-darkest-knight-9453_500x500.jpg

Is there anywhere in Dublin where you can prebook tickets for this - Savoy, Vue, Cineworld??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I like the part of the soundtrack when the WB logo etc is displayed in that Nokia trailer, so simple but it just grabbed my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

sheehy83 wrote: »

You secretly advertising that tshirt? ;)

Looks crap by the way :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

sheehy83 wrote: »

meh, been done..
    picture.php?albumid=21&pictureid=225

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Squ wrote: »
    meh, been done..

I could be wrong but I think that's supposed to be Bats and Harry Potter. Taken from this

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The music for that trailer was awesome. Loved the way they integrated the chanting.

cmt-medium.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 29,684 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

No I don't own or work for Qwertee :rolleyes:

Nothing to do with harry potter haha

cmt-medium.gif

Looks like Batman is holding a shopping bag...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Maybe he's on his way home from Dunnes with milk, bread, butter and a packet of KitKats for Alfred.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Squ wrote: »
    meh, been done..

That poster was actually the best thing about the Phantom Menace...

Advertisement