Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Re dressing up as Bane....not everyone would be able to pull it off <see below>

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQ1u5Y9HVc9HAePehLDe3EmuWCHQNOp5J62-mPG3aRquFRpVEC

The Joker was different - fully clothed average build and the main area of attraction was the makeup\mouth scar...

Can get the jacket or something similar with the fleecy collar, or lift weights for the next few months :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'd be able to pull it off. :cool: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I'd be able to pull it off. :cool: :pac:

How could people attest to your handsomeness Handsome Bob if you wear Bane's mask? You'll have to make do with Alfred I'm afraid

How could people attest to your handsomeness Handsome Bob if you wear Bane's mask? You'll have to make do with Alfred I'm afraid

I'd be more worried about how I'd be able consume alcohol without taking it off. Through the veins mayhaps?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Probably a bad idea.
    Remember halloween 2008? everyone went as the joker.

Yes but that was because of the mass hysteria that surrounded the whole deal. You don't see people raving about Bane right now, even before the film is out. You did with the Joker. So, I would say you're pretty safe dressing up as Bane. Thing is... the whole shaved head thing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Andy!! wrote: »
    Yes but that was because of the mass hysteria that surrounded the whole deal. You don't see people raving about the Bane right now, even before the film is out. You did with the Joker. So, I would say you're pretty safe dressing up as Bane. Thing is... the whole shaved head thing...

my hair is a 1 blade right now so thats easily done :pac: I already have combats and a tactical vest I got for my last halloween costume, will google some assembly tutorials and see if its worth my while

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Probably a bad idea.

I thought that was the joke.:o

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I thought that was the joke.:o

And I thought my jokes were bad

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I didn't know Bane played for Italy...

swnxG.jpg

And I thought my jokes were bad

Well played sir, well played

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Well played sir, well played

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Probably a bad idea.

Yep that's true but if you mixed it up a bit it was still a great costume.

I went as the nurse joker on halloween '08

449598821a9305511487l.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Den_M wrote: »
    Yep that's true but if you mixed it up a bit it was still a great costume.

I went as the nurse joker on halloween '08

449598821a9305511487l.jpg

Any excuse to dress in womens clothes:rolleyes:

al28283 wrote: »
    Any excuse to dress in womens clothes:rolleyes:

You were young once too. How was the wine in that decade?

You were young once too. How was the wine in that decade?

the 00's? I dunno, I don't drink wine

Well I'm glad we know each other a bit better now

Well I'm glad we know each other a bit better now

alright

• Registered Users Posts: 39,060 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It would take a bit of work to pull bane off

lol, just realised how bad that sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Saw another teaser with this last night and with the choice of text on the screen, this film/series seems to get more and more up it's own hole by the week.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,153 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Saw another teaser with this last night and with the choice of text on the screen, this film/series seems to get more and more up it's own hole by the week.

Do elaborate please? :)

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Do elaborate please? :)

This trailer;
    Every hero has a journey, every journey has an end.
    The epic conclusion to the dark knight lengend.
    :rolleyes:

The self hype and marketing of these films is way OTT, and it is really arrogant to call it 'epic' when it hasn't even been released yet.

'Epic' used to be a title that was awarded to films for the excellence of their stories and story telling.
    Now it's just something that is pejorativly being (self)ascribed to anything that's overly long or overly profitable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Seems like standard marketing messages to me, nothing particularly galling. In comparison with its contemporaries it's fairly tame - the Spiderman trailer called itself 'the most anticipated film of the summer', just a little bit of an exaggeration there. And besides - it's Nolan's Batman: if nothing else it will likely be a fairly epic blockbuster.

This trailer;

The self hype and marketing of these films is way OTT, and it is really arrogant to call it 'epic' when it hasn't even been released yet.

'Epic' used to be a title that was awarded to films for the excellence of their stories and story telling.
    Now it's just something that is pejorativly being (self)ascribed to anything that's overly long or overly profitable.

Jeez dude, you are about 6 months behind the curve here....that was the first teaser, a few more have been released with more content to chew on.

I think you'll find that Nolan isn't hyping this up - its fans of the series like us on this thread and the media in general (which will only increase as the release date gets closer)

The great thing about these threads though is that if you don't like anything, you don't have to come back...just unsubscribe and thats it :eek:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,153 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This trailer;

I've always been under the impression "Epic" just referred to something which has a large/wide scope, be it thematically or in terms of spectacle. Its practically a genre trait in itself, there's plenty of films you could refer to as epic that aren't even any good too.

The film is nearly 3 hours long and is a a concluding part to a trilogy, the 2nd film of which was one of the most successful of all time and was itself an epic in its own right, I think they might have a right to refer to it as epic.

Plus its just a marketing campaign....

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I've always been under the impression "Epic" just referred to something which has a large/wide scope, be it thematically or in terms of spectacle. Its practically a genre trait in itself, there's plenty of films you could refer to as epic that aren't even any good too.

The film is nearly 3 hours long and is a a concluding part to a trilogy, the 2nd film of which was one of the most successful of all time and was itself an epic in its own right, I think they might have a right to refer to it as epic.

Plus its just a marketing campaign....
    Yeah, we're kinda in agreement here.
    I guess the use of the word epic has been bastardised in the past decade or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

More viral marketing, a memo from Lucius Fox for Bruce Wayne.

Contains a nice little reference to an Animated Series character.

http://batman-news.com/2012/06/25/theres-trouble-wayne-enterprises-the-dark-knight-rises/

The self hype and marketing of these films is way OTT

Well **** me, how dare a film actually try to sell itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Calm down Doctor

Well **** me, how dare a film actually try to sell itself.

Sell away, but this isn't the second coming of Christ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Sell away, but this isn't the second coming of Christ.

No, it's the third coming of Batman, a much bigger event by all accounts :p

Advertisement