Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Episodes: Matt le Blanc's new show.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I don;t think the poor sods could cope with writing a whole season series of Pucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

It couldn't have lasted the pace of a typical full blown American season, but I thought it was enjoyable for what it was, some very good bits in it. Tasmin Greg's facial expressions alone can just make me laugh at times (in a good way).

My only real gripe was the credits giving away the entire next episode, yet I still watched them every time. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Only of Episode 3 but is still Meh. Im hoping it will pick up a bit, its not terrible but far from brilliant. I cant see how they will get another season out of it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It was very poor overall with only a few highlights. I'd really like to ask Mangan and Grieg what they think of the show.

They should have involved at least one British writer, especially given the length of the season. It didn't have time to get good running at American pace over seven episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I just watched this from episode 3 to finish and thought it was good,Some very laugh out loud moments,hope theres another season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Episodes has been renewed for a second series - 9 shows this time

Episodes Series 2

BBC Two's critically acclaimed international sitcom Episodes will return for a new nine part series next year, written by David Crane (Friends) and Jeffery Klarik (Mad About You). The series has been re-commissioned by Janice Hadlow, Controller of BBC Two and BBC Controller of Comedy Commissioning, Cheryl Taylor

Matt LeBlanc, Tamsin Greig and Stephen Mangan are all set to return, picking up where the first series left off. The Brits have decided to stay in Hollywood to work on their TV show and deal with the aftermath of Bev's one night stand with Matt.

Cheryl Taylor said "Matt, Tamsin Greig and Stephen Mangan have added their own special magic to the brilliantly distinctive world created by David Crane and Jeffrey Klarik and we are thrilled by the prospect of playing host to them again on BBC Two next year"

Executive Producer Jimmy Mulville added
    "At the end of the first series the writers have placed our three protagonists in the middle of comedy hell. Like the rest of the audience I can't wait to see what is going to happen to them!"
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/comedy/2011/02/episodes-series-2.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

We got this a bit late in the colony's but Season 1 ended last night, it started very slowly but got better as it went on, it's no black books but I'm looking forward to season 2.
    I never thought I'd ever enjoy anything with Matt Le Blanc but he is charming, self-deprecating and genuinely funny in parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭KEITH_KILDUFF

Any word on when this is going to be back on air?

I know Le Blanc was filming it recently as he was on Top Gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,674 ✭✭✭brian_t

Episodes returns to BBC2 on Friday 11th May at 10pm.

The show only attracted modest ratings and reviews in the UK (the final episode was seen by 1.1 million viewers), but it was a critical and ratings success in America.
    Hat Trick International Scores With ‘Episodes’
    The second season of the Matt LeBlanc series has been pre-sold to 150 countries including France (Orange Cinéma Séries) and Spain (CANAL+), Hat Trick announced today. The Emmy and Golden Globe nominated show airs on BBC2 in the UK and Showtime in the US where it returns on July 1. LeBlanc won the Globe for outstanding actor in a comedy series earlier this year. Other territories that have acquired the show include Japan, Africa, Asia, Benelux, Central and Eastern Europe, Greece, Israel, Latin America, Russia, Turkey, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal and Sweden.
    http://www.deadline.com/2012/04/miptv-briefs-titanic-to-iran-china-real-humans-in-oz-episodes-goes-global/

• Advertisement

Bump! Back on at 10 pm BBC2.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

mike65 wrote: »
    Hmmm.. sets Sky+.

Not starting til July 1st on Showtime. Strange as the first season aired ahead of the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭dmaxontour

Tonight?

yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭dmaxontour

Nice. Thanks for the heads up.

It gets a repeat on Sundays at 11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Basq wrote: »
    Hmmm.. sets Sky+.

Not starting til July 1st on Showtime. Strange as the first season aired ahead of the UK.
    Matt le Blanc seems to be doing alot of publicity in the UK media the last few weeks for series 2, so may be pushed to July in the States to give him tome to do some publicity in the States for it before it airs there!

A good return I thought, a bit of me thinks that with its balance of comedy and light drama
    moments it could be better served with a one hour format.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

A good return I thought, a bit of me thinks that with its balance of comedy and light drama
    moments it could be better served with a one hour format.

I grew to love this show after the final episode of the last series, then when I gave it a re-watch found it much funnier than the first time around. But I think an hour would be massively pushing it. It's much better to finish wanting more than to be slightly bored by the end of the show. And a half hour is perfect for this.

By the way, really liked tonight's. I'm enjoying how they're making the characters more rounded and investing more emotion into them. Last year, it was blunt and harsh humour (especially from Joey :D) that won me over, but now I'm finding myself genuinely invested in the main story and also feeling sorry for Matt.

Matt Le Blanc does "poor me" very well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Only stumbled upon this the other day. Watched the first season and thought about giving up as the first two episodes were so ****e but once got to episode 3 it suddenly got really funny and i loved it. It was like someone flicked a switch the difference was so big.

So glad theres a season 2!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I miss the scenes with the security guard not letting them in!

Enjoyed the first episode. I missed the show's first series airing and caught a repeat by accident.

I got a good few laughs out of the new episode and the time flew by.

brian_t wrote: »
    It gets a repeat on Sundays at 11pm.

Only the first episode gets a repeat on BBC2 NI.

However at least the next two episodes get repeated on BBC2 London on the following Sunday.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Merc dropping that deuce was the best moment so far this series.

:eek: :D

I preferred the romance of the knifes on ice at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

That Labia has a savage rack for a crazy chick.

The boobs are quite good on Episodes it has to be said. Excellent "dramedy".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

This season has actually been very good,really enjoying it. Love how LeBlanc takes the piss out of himself. Having him calling all the "friends" and them all hating him was great, then getting gunter in for the guest spot! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Finally got around to watching this properly. Watched about the final 5 episodes there, compulsive viewing. What an excellent show. Pity the ratings were so poor on the bbc. Didn't even know the second series had started back in may. Something to look forward to during the week. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

I've only just realised that WAS season 2 that I was watching yesterday. Must get onto Season 1. Any good? :o

Advertisement