Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Episodes: Matt le Blanc's new show.

Options
  • 21-11-2010 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

A three minute preview of Matt le Blanc's new show Episodes has been released. Le Blanc plays himself as a struggling actor, along with Tasmin Greig and Stephen Mangan The show is due to air next January and is a Co-production between BBC and Showtime.

Preview is here:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/tubetalk/a288338/fancy-a-peek-at-matt-leblancs-new-show.html

Doesn't look brilliant by any means, but looks like it has potential.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

My instincts tell me it's not going to be great, but I'll definatly watch the first ahndful of episodes. That clip makes me think it has more potential than i was expecting alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Dman001 wrote: »
    Doesn't look brilliant by any means, but looks like it has potential.

Hi Dman, it has certain similarities to Extras I think... like the way they talk about other TV shows, and there's similar banter with Joey as the banter that they had with Shaun Williamson (i.e. calling him by his character name).. It's certainly has potential... I'll watch the first few episodes on the basis of that trailer anyway..

Matt le Blanc looks old in it, apparently he was dying his hair but stopped recently... He surely must be SICK of Joey at this stage, if he truly considers himself a serious actor..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Another trans-Atlantic co-production. I might give this a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,471 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That trailer was really good. The fact that it's on showtime means it will be more adult and there will be no canned laughter too. I'll definitely give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,767 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

That preview looks pretty slick.
    I'll give it a whirl when it airs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

That looks interesting. It's a lift of extras though. LeBlanc might be able to shake off Joey with it. Anyone else think he looks like he could play George Clooney's younger brother ? Hope they don't go for stunt casting, unless it's done in a self referencing way

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Episodes begins on January 9 at 9.30pm on Showtime in the US and will air on BBC Two in the UK

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

^ any idea of a UK airtime?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ziedth wrote: »
    ^ any idea of a UK airtime?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2010/07_july/14/bbctwo.shtml

BBC Two this autumn and winter 2010/11 - I guess it will start around the same time as in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Looks good. I like how Matt LeBlanc is taking the piss out of himself as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I think it has potenial,Ill give it a shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

It looks interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

i was gonna overlook this show, untill i heard it was on showtime, and that clip has stirred my curiosity, i assume its gonna be runing with californiaction on sunday nights, thatll deffinately help,

people are saying its gonna be like extras, but he isnt playing an extra hes gonna be the lead in a show, and hes also not a nobody, he playing himself, a very famous actor trying to get back in the game,

and ricky gervais is nowhere to be seen so, great start :D

This seems to have a very big English influence. Hopefully this is the case, because they've proven themselves capable of shows like this numerous times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Hmmm actually looks good enough, I'll be giving it a try for sure!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Hope it works out for him, after the disaster that was Joey. I'd like to see Matthew Perry's new show take off too, it doesn't look half bad either. Studio 60 was a very good show and they cancelled that so would like to see him do well. That would be then half the Friends cast doing well for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Went to see a live taping of joey (hey it was free and got free pizza) and it was terrible beyond belief, matt le blanc looked like he didnt want to be there and knew how sh*te it was.

But this actually looks promising and will be checking it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I'm looking forward to this show now after seeing that preview as it doesn't look like the usual explain the joke style comedy crap with a laugh track the American's usually make.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bump for this... I've seen the first two episodes, and it's really a bit disappointing!

From the opening scene which contains a joke about
    the British driving on the wrong side of the road in the US
    .. the jokes don't really get much original than that! :rolleyes:

LeBlanc only really comes into it in the 2nd episode, and he's actually quite good. He's a natural at playing at just an bit of an arsebag but endearing, and the exchange about the "
    little kids with dyslexia
    " was mildly funny.

Tamsin Greig plays Tamsin Greig to be honest.. she's funny but her characters rarely change greatly.

Stephen Mangan is decent, although I'm not really a fan of his. But between this and Dirk Gently, he's going up in his estimations.

Not the strongest Showtime series.. it may improve, but absolutely nothing stands out in it so far unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

remember when they just name it after the ex-star give them a troublesome family and just leave it at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,327 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Anyone know when we might get to see this?

It was on BBC2 at 22.00 tonight, but NornIron opted out to show regional sh1te instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I enjoyed the first episode. Not hilarious, but it certainly has potential.

Anyone know when we might get to see this?

It was on BBC2 at 22.00 tonight, but NornIron opted out to show regional sh1te instead.
    It'll be on at 10pm on Thursday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

basquille wrote: »

Stephen Mangan is decent, although I'm not really a fan of his. But between this and Dirk Gently, he's going up in his estimations.

Most of his output has been awful, especially his performance in the dismal Jam Rip off Jam. :mad::(

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Most of his output has been awful, especially his performance in the dismal Jam Rip off Jam. :mad::(
    Like I said, I'm not a fan of his.. but he's decent in both this and 'Dirk Gently'.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Thought the first episode was decent enough - it shows potential.
    What else has the blonde girl who plays the head of comedy been in? Spent the majority of the episode trying to figure out where I knew her from.

Thought the first episode was decent enough - it shows potential.
    What else has the blonde girl who plays the head of comedy been in? Spent the majority of the episode trying to figure out where I knew her from.

This is her IMDB page. Seemingly she's actually Scottish.

OHHH! I think I recognise her too - she was in Man Stroke Woman. Could that be where?

Yeah, she's been in a couple of those sketch shows, usually playing a posh ditz. She's funny enough when she's allowed speak. If you watched Psychoville she was in that too and I think she had a small role in Green Wing with Mangan and Grieg.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Ah, it was that episode of Doctor Who with James Corden. I was watching that ep last week, but couldn't picture her.

• Advertisement

She's one of those strange sort of people whom you can't decide if she's good-looking or ugly.

Advertisement