Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Have always run in Asics Kayano. Have no problems with them so not going to change. Just picked up a pair of 16's (not fussy about getting latest model) on ebay from Texas last Thursday - worked out at 68 Euro incl postage. They arrived in the door this morning - happy days ! Roll on DCM training now !

glasso wrote: »
    did a few k in the new balance mr00 - bit of cushion in them but still feel the surface in them. pretty small to size but that may be 'cos they are designed to have the option of going sockless. like them but will up the distance only gradually.

did 7k in these yesterday evening on tarmac + concrete - no problems with legs today. I think that if you've been running in lower drop shoes for a while already the transition is quicker. although won't be doing big weekly distances - occasional shoe for now. Does seem to help improve the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

had my first run in the MR00s last night. I must check the size again, but I thought they ran a bit big. Went sockless and did 5 miles. There was no problem with cushioning, as I have been using lower shoes for quite a while, but I did end up with 2 blisters. On one foot, this was caused by a bit of grit rubbing against my foot, but on the other foot, the tongue of the shoe was rubbing on the top of my foot and caused a nice juicy one. No problems apart from that, which should be sorted by wearing in a bit and/or wearing socks

had my first run in the MR00s last night. I must check the size again, but I thought they ran a bit big. Went sockless and did 5 miles. There was no problem with cushioning, as I have been using lower shoes for quite a while, but I did end up with 2 blisters. On one foot, this was caused by a bit of grit rubbing against my foot, but on the other foot, the tongue of the shoe was rubbing on the top of my foot and caused a nice juicy one. No problems apart from that, which should be sorted by wearing in a bit and/or wearing socks

the size is ok for me but I have wideish feet. the toebox is deliberately big on 0-drop / barefoot shoes to allow your foot to "splay" out like it would if you ran barefoot. will stick with socks myself for a while. I'd say sockless might reduce the life of the shoe due to sweat damaging / degrading the upper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

Ah a few fellow mr00 users. Have them a month or so and like em. Have switched to them full time since the cork marathon. Longest I've done in them has been a ten mile with no issues. Hope to do Dublin in them but we'll see how it goes. I wear socks with them purely for smell prevention. The toe box is large which gives them a slight clown shoe feel for the first few runs but I've gotten used to them now and fine them very comfortable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

I never thought I'd find a replacement shoe for my lunar glides 2 but thank you thirstyworker for sorting me out. Loving my adidas tempo :D

BobMac104 wrote: »
    Ah a few fellow mr00 users. Have them a month or so and like em. Have switched to them full time since the cork marathon. Longest I've done in them has been a ten mile with no issues. Hope to do Dublin in them but we'll see how it goes. I wear socks with them purely for smell prevention. The toe box is large which gives them a slight clown shoe feel for the first few runs but I've gotten used to them now and fine them very comfortable.

yes, they were a bit clown shoeish, but only in the toe box department. Better than the Lunarglide 3 though, they were huge all ways around

You can get the MR00 for £40 on amazon at the moment in a horrible green colour. still this is a great price for anyone looking to give them a go.

You can get the MR00 for £40 on amazon at the moment in a horrible green colour. still this is a great price for anyone looking to give them a go.

only in size 11 at that price in green!
    the white one is the cheapest for most sizes at £51

http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Balance-MR00SB-Orange-Trainer/dp/B005BW4NHI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1339582667&sr=8-2

if you get the 20% off using the clothing link discount (not sure if still available) then it's about £42 - try info from the link that I posted here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78842298

ah yes you're right sorry. yes i got the code i have been waiting to decide on what to get I was thinking about trying out the Merrell road glove also.

• Advertisement

ah yes you're right sorry. yes i got the code i have been waiting to decide on what to get I was thinking about trying out the Merrell road glove also.

comment on the 2 here.

http://www.runningandrambling.com/2012/03/new-balance-minimus-zero-road-review.html

seems like NB better for road use. road glove better for road/ trail combo.

Don't wait too long - that code only lasts for 1 month...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

What's a good lightweightish running shoe for a slight under pronator? I'm looking at the adizero hagio, Mizuno Wave Ronin 4 or Saucony Kinvara 2. They're a bit on the expensive side and I'm not sure if I should get one of them in case there are better alternatives

What's a good lightweightish running shoe for a slight under pronator? I'm looking at the adizero hagio, Mizuno Wave Ronin 4 or Saucony Kinvara 2. They're a bit on the expensive side and I'm not sure if I should get one of them in case there are better alternatives

kinvara is a great shoe from personal experience. works all the way from race shoe to daily trainer. cheap in US on amazon if are going there.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,567 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I just ordered a pair of mizunos from this guy on eBay, prices seem too good to be true but excellent feedback. Has the latest ronins for 64 sterling delivered.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mizuno-Racing-Wave-Ronin-4-Unisex-8KS26099-BNIB-/261044034322?pt=UK_Men_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item3cc76fdb12#ht_500wt_689

copacetic wrote: »
    I just ordered a pair of mizunos from this guy on eBay, prices seem too good to be true but excellent feedback. Has the latest ronins for 64 sterling delivered.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mizuno-Racing-Wave-Ronin-4-Unisex-8KS26099-BNIB-/261044034322?pt=UK_Men_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item3cc76fdb12#ht_500wt_689

only bad point above wave ronin is that the heel-to-toe-drop is 10mm, which means that running on your midfoot or forefoot is not as easy as something like the kinvara, where it's 4mm.

women's kinvara here and in large sizes for cheap on amazon.co.uk - no different akaik from men's as they sell a unisex model

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Saucony-ProGrid-Kinvara-Running-Shoes/dp/B003R0M3FK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1339611682&sr=8-3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

As far as im aware there is no unisex model.I know a descent(Irish) shop that has the with 40% off and you won't have to wear a ladies pair :)

comment on the 2 here.

http://www.runningandrambling.com/2012/03/new-balance-minimus-zero-road-review.html

seems like NB better for road use. road glove better for road/ trail combo.

thanks for that, plus thats a great site for reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

Just got the Kinvara 2 recently, have been wearing Brooks Glycerine for last year and a half.
    Really like the Kinvara, only using then on short runs at the moment but the transition has been pretty smooth so far. Soles of the feet were a little sore on the first few runs probably due to them having less cushioning than the glycerine's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Just took delivery of a pair of Lunarglide 3's from Wiggle this morning. €78 delivered to the door.Happy days:D

As far as im aware there is no unisex model.I know a descent(Irish) shop that has the with 40% off and you won't have to wear a ladies pair :)

quote the price then and where!
    I doubt that there is much difference in the saucony.
    I saw someone selling them as unisex before.
    The ladies colour that I linked is fine for a guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I doubt that there is much difference in the saucony.
    I saw someone selling them as unisex before.
    The ladies colour that I linked is fine for a guy!

Just be careful of the width differences between ladies and mens shoes. Also consider that size conversion is slightly different too. A 42.5 is a Men's 8 or women's 8.5.

There is a gender difference in shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

quote the price then and where!

The original Kinvara is €66 in here. You'd need to call to check sizes in stock.

The original Kinvara is €66 in here. You'd need to call to check sizes in stock.

that's a good deal for a good shoe! no difference between Kinvara 1 & 2, 3 has some extra rubber on the sole for durability.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

you dont have any of the orange one's still in stock do you ?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

All my old pairs of Kayano 17s are absolutely smashed, my last new pair is a dud, and can't wear the 18 because the sizing is out and I'm between a 7 and a 7.5. Thinking either Brooks Adrenaline, Asics 3030 (which was another one recommended to me in a previous version in Base2Race just over a year ago) or possibly the 2170... thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

miller82 wrote: »
    you dont have any of the orange one's still in stock do you ?

blue/white and black/lime green sole and couple of red and yellow colours left.

Also the Kinvara 3 has a few more changes than the 1 & 2 which wasjust a slight change on the upper.

The fit is slightly wider and the heel is beveled for people who do heel strike.More durable outsole as you said Glasso.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

blue/white and black/lime green sole and couple of red and yellow colours left.

Also the Kinvara 3 has a few more changes than the 1 & 2 which wasjust a slight change on the upper.

The fit is slightly wider and the heel is beveled for people who do heel strike.More durable outsole as you said Glasso.

I am having a ball in the kinvara 3. Got two pairs and am headiung for 100 miles in each. They look awful but who cares - light but supportive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Looking forward to taking these for a trot - Inov-8 X-233 road.
    177529_3849107920523_676674585_o.jpg

Advertisement