Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Currently wearing the Asics GT 2160's. I have two pairs that I alternate. I was planning to buy a pair of the 2170's but found the 2160's heavily discounted on Start Fitness a few weeks ago so just bought a pair of them again.

As for the next type, I'm guessing it will eventually be another pair of Asics GT something. I reckon I still have quite a bit of mileage left in the older of the two pairs but I do occasionally get tempted to buy new runners even when the current ones aren't done :o

I've considered moving to Adidas runners but I'm not sure. I have a pair of Supernova and Salvation runners which are aimed at pronators but I've only ever used them for walking. The Supernova's started sweaking after only a few days and it felt like the support fell away quite quickly. So I reckon I would probably only use the Salvation for running as the inside support feels quite strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Have a pair of ASICS Noosa Tri 7 to try out for racing this year. Will be interesting as I've always been a Mizuno man for my main road shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Have a pair of ASICS Noosa Tri 7 to try out for racing this year. Will be interesting as I've always been a Mizuno man for my main road shoes.

Have the same... I still marvel at how they look in the dark :D

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭caseyjones1

Amphibkwest: My friend wears those Noosa Tri ones and teams them with a lumious t-shirt/socks etc, she has announced that she is leaving our local athletics club and starting her own called Neon Harriers :D You wanna join?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Broke the seal on my 3rd pair of Adizero Tempos this morning courtesy of my friends in AK Bray - really love this shoe as my everyday friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭nellocono

Just spotted the Kinvara 3 up on wiggle now for ~ €110...

Tempted..........:pac:

EDit: Stock expected early May so only pre-orders for now!

nellocono wrote: »

Same price in Ireland and if you are a Triathlon Ireland member (or returning customer) you get €10 off.

Also due in May.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

BobMac104 wrote: »
    Longest ive done is 18 miles in them. Once you build up slowly you'll be ok.

I'm upto to 10km in my Bikala's and still going strong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭woody1

legs feeling heavy lately, decided to check when i got last pair, july 2011 !!
    so they are wave inspire 7s , can get online for 50 stg,
    does anyone have inspire 8s is there any improvement or any point to upgrading,
    the only thing is i find the toe area of these very wide, if anyone has any idea of a similar type but narrower shoe thatd be great ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

woody1 wrote: »
    does anyone have inspire 8s is there any improvement or any point to upgrading,
    the only thing is i find the toe area of these very wide, if anyone has any idea of a similar type but narrower shoe thatd be great ..

i wear inspires,i find them the best for me,but afaic they are not a high milage runner,i woukld expect to get about 400 miles before i start tink about a new pair.iv been wearing them since the 3's and tbh have not noticed much difference and i always just buy the cheapest inspires i can find,other runners i have found to be good were the kayanos that lasted a couple of 00 miles longer ,but i didnt like them as much as inspires,...as always go and get your gait checkd to see wat is right for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭woody1

thanks
    wearing them based on gait analysis, didnt know they werent the best for mileage so you learn something new every day...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Aldi's finest..... They killed me today on my run. I really need to get tested for a proper pair but its the thoughts of paying 100e plus for runners while im only on a training course, guess im going to have to fork out before I injury myself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

nellocono wrote: »

Got a pair of these in B2R. Very happy with them and went straight back to get another pair for rotation.

Am a supinating forefoot striker and have had pf for nigh on a year now. These are the first shoes that havent aggravated it at all. Very light but suprisingly cushioned in the forefoot. Havent gone long in them but they were fine over 9 miles yesterday. Pattern is a bit flashy; it looks like someone robbed a seatcover off a ford cortina (im not fast enough to pull that off) but who cares if they feel good......

Vain wrote: »
    Aldi's finest..... They killed me today on my run. I really need to get tested for a proper pair but its the thoughts of paying 100e plus for runners while im only on a training course, guess im going to have to fork out before I injury myself!!

you can get decent runners for 60 to 70 euro. www.tribesports.com equipment section has a good price search.
    go into a place with gait analysis and tell them that you have a low budget. you'd have 20 euro more to spend if you hadn't got the Aldi ones.... (their sportswear is fine not the runners tho).

ultraman1 wrote: »
    i wear inspires,i find them the best for me,but afaic they are not a high milage runner,i woukld expect to get about 400 miles before i start tink about a new pair.iv been wearing them since the 3's and tbh have not noticed much difference and i always just buy the cheapest inspires i can find,other runners i have found to be good were the kayanos that lasted a couple of 00 miles longer ,but i didnt like them as much as inspires,...as always go and get your gait checkd to see wat is right for you

I did the same as you, I still have my first pairs of 3 & 4 but I didn't like the Inspire 6's at all.

I'd agree on the mileage, I get about 350 miles from mine, but I could be wearing them all day after a run so I'm quite sore on shoes. I find the best thing is to rotate 2 pairs through after about 250 miles (for me, you might get away with 300 miles) and both pairs stretch out to 500-600 each.

The beauty of Inspires' is there is no taper to the life of the shoe. They just go dead, so there's no messing about with niggles, wondering if it is / isn't gone. You can go straight into a new shoe without 'breaking' them in.
    woody1 wrote: »
    does anyone have inspire 8s is there any improvement or any point to

The Inspire 8's feature more structure to the midpoint of the foot and have flex control bands in the forefoot of the shoe. The was a niggling issue for some with the 7's where control was lost in the latter phase of the gait and this has been rectified in the 8's. The fit does seem a bit better, less height in the toe box, but Mizuno are always a wide fit across the toes to allow optimum foot-splay during the gait cycle.

HTH & I'm due another pair myself, so they're my next pair of shoes (again!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

I am wearing Nike lunar fly +2 and an happy with them, nice and light and airy
    I also have a pair of Nike dual fusion st 2s and intend to wear them next , they feel lighter look good and looking forward to them for my running

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

I was wearing Brooks Glycerin but find them too heavy so just keep for my long runs.Brooks ghost is my main shoe but I am testing a pair of puma Fass right now.

Race shoes I am using Mizuno ronin and on the trails Innov8 trail 255 for light trails.next shoe will be something for the trails in deeper mud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

tunguska wrote: »

I have the original NB minimus and the NB minimus zero. Both great shoes. Interested to see how you get on with them. Have done 16 miles ish in the minimus. Are you planning on using these for long runs?

I have the original NB minimus and the NB minimus zero. Both great shoes. Interested to see how you get on with them. Have done 16 miles ish in the minimus. Are you planning on using these for long runs?

Was gonna leave it til after the marathon but I dont know if I can wait that long.. Might try them for a few runs here and there but after the marathon the support shoes are getting chucked out.

• Advertisement

You seem to be getting on fine with the T7 in races.I will have those Minimus in the green colour in on wed ;)

@ RQ How do you fine them for durability?

You seem to be getting on fine with the T7 in races.I will have those Minimus in the green colour in on wed ;)

@ RQ How do you fine them for durability?

Yeah the T7s are great. But the ultimate goal is to run in as minimal a shoe as possible so those new balance shoes are the next step. Although green???? You can feck off.........

Just got delivery of a pair of these

Will give them a go on a short run this eve...

glasso wrote: »
    Just got delivery of a pair of these

Will give them a go on a short run this eve...

Never seen this model before.Let us know how you get on with them.
    Vibram outsole should wear well but the red rubber I could see wearing off in the toe off area,what is the eva like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Waiting on delivery of a pair of vivobarefoot evo2s in grey..can't wait

Waiting on delivery of a pair of vivobarefoot evo2s in grey..can't wait

How much did they cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

How much did they cost?
    113euro on www.barefootathlete.co.uk

Never seen this model before.Let us know how you get on with them.
    Vibram outsole should wear well but the red rubber I could see wearing off in the toe off area,what is the eva like?

that's a good observation - it's going to wear off at the top (toe area of shoe) alright - the eva is pretty soft - they should really have exctended the vibram up at that area.. I like the shoe after a quick try - bit of cushion but you still can feel the surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

2 pairs of GT2170's near EOL, moved into 2nd pair of Mizuno Wave 8 which I really like and Asics DC Trainers which I am not mad about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Two pairs of Adidas Tempo 4's and Adidas Mana's. Yet to try Mana's out, loving the support and lightness of the Tempo's.

Advertisement