Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Medical intern offers?

• 03-06-2012 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi
    I was wondering if anyone knew when do offers for medical interns come out...is it 1st or 2nd week of June?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭GradMed

I think it's this Wednesday, the 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭brumindub

anyone heard yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 The3Musketeers

A friend of mine called the HSE and apparently they're being sent to the med schools this afternoon/tomorrow morning and to us no later than 5pm tomorrow :D

One of my classmates also contacted the HSE, she was told we'd get them on the 11th.:rolleyes:

Did anyone/everyone get an email from the Medical Council with some sort of number? Some of my classmates did today but I've heard nothing. :confused:

• Advertisement

Not everyone has received their medical council registration number yet. Some in my class have and others, like myself, are still waiting.

haven't received my registration number either.

Looks like the 11th so :P Got my reg number today though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Looks like the 11th so :P Got my reg number today though!
    One of my classmates got told tomorrow so really it's anyone's guess! And originally it was the 6th on the application forms. But bad form not to hear anything from them either way. But we should have expected that :)

Oh and I have not gotten my medical council registration number yet either.

If you're worried about not having your reg number one of my classmates rang up the medical council and a helpful person there went through their list of applicants and told her that she would get her registration number in few days time.
    When I rang I was told to call back in another week if I didn't get it, but as a nice graduation day present I got mine yesterday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

A friend of mine called the HSE and apparently they're being sent to the med schools this afternoon/tomorrow morning and to us no later than 5pm tomorrow :D
    GradMed wrote: »
    One of my classmates also contacted the HSE, she was told we'd get them on the 11th.:rolleyes:

Lol....consider this an induction program into HSE management practices ;)

....don't worry...only the rest of your life to put up with it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Lol....consider this an induction program into HSE management practices ;)

....don't worry...only the rest of your life to put up with it :P

please, they answered the phone, this will lead to unexpectedly high expectations for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 vamos77

Dear Intern Applicants

The Intern Allocations will be released at 10am on Monday 11th June 2012. I understand this might be inconvenient for some due to limited email access while away on holidays. It might be wise to have a family member check on your behalf if this is an issue.

What will be required at that time is a return reply indicating acceptance or otherwise before 5pm on Wednesday June 13th. Also, dates and contact details for contract signing will be given. If you cannot attend, you must email the relevant hospital.

Please also note, the email offering a post will come from the network where you are allocated. Applicants who have not been allocated a post will be contacted directly by the National Recruitment Service

Best Wishes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

What happens if you are not allocated a post? Is giving 2 days to accept a position legal?

if we aren't allocated a post, apparently we are kept on a reserve list and have to wait for people to reject their offers so that those on the reserve list can fill those posts. if you are unsuccesful at that stage, they will use you to fill any vacancies that come up during the year.

vamos77 wrote: »
    Dear Intern Applicants

The Intern Allocations will be released at 10am on Monday 11th June 2012. I understand this might be inconvenient for some due to limited email access while away on holidays. It might be wise to have a family member check on your behalf if this is an issue.

What will be required at that time is a return reply indicating acceptance or otherwise before 5pm on Wednesday June 13th. Also, dates and contact details for contract signing will be given. If you cannot attend, you must email the relevant hospital.

Please also note, the email offering a post will come from the network where you are allocated. Applicants who have not been allocated a post will be contacted directly by the National Recruitment Service

Best Wishes
    Vamos77 was this an email you got or somethin official etc? Just wondering why no one in my class got anything like this.

sillymoo wrote: »
    Vamos77 was this an email you got or somethin official etc? Just wondering why no one in my class got anything like this.

Sorry, yeah this was an email my college's intern cordinator sent us, but it applys to us all, as the network itself will send you the email your intern post and deadline for accepting is same for all colleges in the country.

sillymoo wrote: »

Sorry, yeah this was an email my college's intern cordinator sent us, but it applys to us all, as the network itself will send you the email your intern post and deadline for accepting is same for all colleges in the country.
    That's great thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭resus

Welcome to the HSE... the bullying starts now

So what are the odds the offers actually come out at 10am tomorrow :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Bazmedic

10am on the dot for Dublin Southeast anyway

does anyone have the list of rotations with the numbers and the hospitals please?

you're a star! thank you so much gradmed!

Just received this, others in the class have gotten one saying their positions are unchanged.
    This is just descending into farce.

Dear Candidate,

Further to the recent campaign for the allocation of Internships unfortunately a number of issues have been identified which impact on some of the positions offered. Following a thorough investigation all candidates are being reissued with their revised offers/ communication. Unfortunately it is possible that an incorrect post allocation offer was made to you which may be amended in line with the revised results.

I would anticipate that you will have notification of your final offer early next week.

Please be advised that due to the examination of offers all contract signing meetings and occupational health screening that has been scheduled has been postponed and relevant hospitals will be in contact with you in due course.

We will be in contact with you at the earliest possible date and you will be notified of this email communication by an alert text message where a mobile number was provided in your application.

On behalf of the HSE I wish to apologise most sincerely for the regrettable circumstances which have led to this review of the matching process. On behalf of the HSE, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Yours sincerely,

National Recruitment Service

It really is such a wonderful start to a working relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kopci

Alicat9, would you mind telling if you are EU or non-EU and any other details you'd like to share about what post you got (and managed to keep)? Just trying to understand what is happening with the HSE. Having to wait til next week, after all this time, is ridiculous!

What the hell is going on in this country? One day AIB pull the plug on the GEM loan. The next the HSE are seemingly considering withdrawing internship offers. Better that than give interns jobs they can't pay the salary for though, I suppose.

My email says my job offer is unchanged. I've asked others and mostly people have been sent the other, less certain email. Anyone have a theory about how they've divided us into 2 groups? It looks entirely random to me.

kopci wrote: »
    Alicat9, would you mind telling if you are EU or non-EU and any other details you'd like to share about what post you got (and managed to keep)? Just trying to understand what is happening with the HSE. Having to wait til next week, after all this time, is ridiculous!

Hey I'll answer that for you too. I'm an Irish citizen. My job is in St James' in Dublin and has no peripheral attachment (if that matters).....

• Advertisement

My email says my job offer is unchanged. I've asked others and mostly people have been sent the other, less certain email. Anyone have a theory about how they've divided us into 2 groups? It looks entirely random to me.

Exactly! I would have thought that if some posts change, most would end up changing because people will get bumped. Also, if the HSE already knows who will be affected and who won't, how come they don't already know the new allocations? I can't figure out what is happening in this process!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

They've had to reissue jobs because not everyone was included in the first round due to admin errors. This was the fairest way to ensure everyone got the job they deserved. Typical HSE messing up in the first place!

They've had to reissue jobs because not everyone was included in the first round due to admin errors. This was the fairest way to ensure everyone got the job they deserved. Typical HSE messing up in the first place!

Yeah you may well be right. I know of a two EU citizens classmates who were wrongly classed as non-EU, offered nothing and have been waging war on the HSE since Monday. Awful form from the HSE. It still doesn't explain why some people have been told theirs is unchanged, does it!? Surely these 'excluded ones' could have ranked no1 in their class and could have their pick of any job....

Yes, that's exactly what I'm questioning too. I have an EU friend that didn't get anything so I figured that some people were wrongly excluded. But except for maybe a very few people at the top of the list, including new people into the match should bump almost everybody, shouldn't it? And how can they know already who will be bumped and who won't, unless they've already processed the re-match? In which case, why can't they tell us our new offers?

I also got the "Dear stupid, you really think you got that intern placement you were so happy to get? we were just kidding. Maybe " email.

My contract signing was tomorrow morning at 9, this has upset me greatly as i already made plan for accomodation etc.

I also got the "Dear stupid, you really think you got that intern placement you were so happy to get? we were just kidding. Maybe " email.

My contract signing was tomorrow morning at 9, this has upset me greatly as i already made plan for accomodation etc.

Thanks for that!! Made me laugh out loud on an otherwise unhappy evening! And yes, I was wondering about people who had made plans based on their allocations already. I know I certainly wasted enough time looking for accommodation, potentially in the wrong location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 actin

I can confirm that interns from TCD, UCD and UL all received these emails.

This situation seems to have a left of people in the lurch, some of them having committed to accommodation etc. Has anyone had any contact with the HSE about this?

actin wrote: »
    I can confirm that interns from TCD, UCD and UL all received these emails.

But not UCC, NUIG or RCSI? Doesn't make sense.... Are their contracts being signed as normal tomorrow? Anyone here know?

Not yet, I don't think. We were contacted outside of business hours.
    Tomorrow will be an eventful day.

But not UCC, NUIG or RCSI? Doesn't make sense.... Are their contracts being signed as normal tomorrow? Anyone here know?

I've no idea about other colleges; I assumed they received the emails too.

I would suggest that anyone who is concerned about the security of their job offer emails the HSE and makes their voice heard. The more emails they receive, the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 thatone

Yeah RCSI got them too. But not everyone. A good few have no email and none in junk mail etc at all. Such a joke. Was so happy with my spot...

• Advertisement

thatone wrote: »
    Yeah RCSI got them too. But not everyone. A good few have no email and none in junk mail etc at all. Such a joke. Was so happy with my spot...

That's very odd. Everyone I've spoken to in UCD/UL (and the one or two in TCD) all received the email.

There seems to be two forms of the email, identical apart from one says :
    Unfortunately it is possible that an incorrect post allocation offer was made to you which may be amended in line with the revised results.

and the other says:
    In relation to the offer made to you this offer will remain unchanged.

I've heard numerous theories on why this mix up has occurred.

a) There has been a mix up with EU/Non-EU students. Some EU students have been marked as non-EU, and in addition, several non-EU students are kicking up stink that they weren't offered any job despite paying so much for their courses.

b) Students who were not offered places last year (for whatever reason, percentile etc) were meant to be offered a place this year but were not. I've heard this from some people who are interns this year who have heard people in their class who were not offered a place last year were not offered a place this year either.

From what I've heard myself, those with very good percentile rankings have received the "safe" letter while the majority of people have received the "maybe unsafe" letter.

Does anyone have any other information?

From what I've heard myself, those with very good percentile rankings have received the "safe" letter while the majority of people have received the "maybe unsafe" letter.

I think you're right about this actually...

Just to follow up on this, I'd be interested in getting a representative from each university class together if this isn't resolved rapidly.

I'm not sure about the percentile rankings, but I know at least two non-eu students that got the unchanged email, so surely they can't guarantee that unless they know what jobs are being changed...?

thatone wrote: »
    I'm not sure about the percentile rankings, but I know at least two non-eu students that got the unchanged email, so surely they can't guarantee that unless they know what jobs are being changed...?

That is confusing; you're saying that two non-EU students received the email saying their offers would not change? And they received intern placement offers in Ireland on Monday?

That is confusing; you're saying that two non-EU students received the email saying their offers would not change? And they received intern placement offers in Ireland on Monday?

As far as I have heard, yes. Thus my confusion. I'm going to call in the morning.

I suppose that is not impossible. It all depends on the preferences of the newly-added (previously wrongly excluded) candidates, as well as the preferences of the people they bump. If those non-EU students got posts that no one has listed in their preferences, they might indeed be 'safe'.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

The match that already happened didn't include everyone who was supposed to be in it. They are re-running it to ensure iris fair. People who are "unchanged" are coz they are higher than anyone who was missing from the old match. People who weren't told that, it means people who are now included have higher centilrs than you. It's not a conspiracy, just inefficiency by the HsE to sort it out initially. Hope this clears it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Typical incompetence by the HSE.

The CAO run something infinitely more complicated for 50,000 people every year without any problems. This is an utter disgrace.

At least all the new interns get an early sign of what the HSE actually thinks about you.

Could you imagine if CAO did this to leaving cert students? There would be outrage everywhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement