Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical intern offers?

• 03-06-2012 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2 qachee1

Hi
    I was wondering if anyone knew when do offers for medical interns come out...is it 1st or 2nd week of June?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭GradMed

I think it's this Wednesday, the 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭brumindub

anyone heard yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 The3Musketeers

A friend of mine called the HSE and apparently they're being sent to the med schools this afternoon/tomorrow morning and to us no later than 5pm tomorrow :D

One of my classmates also contacted the HSE, she was told we'd get them on the 11th.:rolleyes:

Did anyone/everyone get an email from the Medical Council with some sort of number? Some of my classmates did today but I've heard nothing. :confused:

• Advertisement

Not everyone has received their medical council registration number yet. Some in my class have and others, like myself, are still waiting.

haven't received my registration number either.

Looks like the 11th so :P Got my reg number today though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Looks like the 11th so :P Got my reg number today though!
    One of my classmates got told tomorrow so really it's anyone's guess! And originally it was the 6th on the application forms. But bad form not to hear anything from them either way. But we should have expected that :)

Oh and I have not gotten my medical council registration number yet either.

If you're worried about not having your reg number one of my classmates rang up the medical council and a helpful person there went through their list of applicants and told her that she would get her registration number in few days time.
    When I rang I was told to call back in another week if I didn't get it, but as a nice graduation day present I got mine yesterday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

A friend of mine called the HSE and apparently they're being sent to the med schools this afternoon/tomorrow morning and to us no later than 5pm tomorrow :D
    GradMed wrote: »
    One of my classmates also contacted the HSE, she was told we'd get them on the 11th.:rolleyes:

Lol....consider this an induction program into HSE management practices ;)

....don't worry...only the rest of your life to put up with it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Lol....consider this an induction program into HSE management practices ;)

....don't worry...only the rest of your life to put up with it :P

please, they answered the phone, this will lead to unexpectedly high expectations for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 vamos77

Dear Intern Applicants

The Intern Allocations will be released at 10am on Monday 11th June 2012. I understand this might be inconvenient for some due to limited email access while away on holidays. It might be wise to have a family member check on your behalf if this is an issue.

What will be required at that time is a return reply indicating acceptance or otherwise before 5pm on Wednesday June 13th. Also, dates and contact details for contract signing will be given. If you cannot attend, you must email the relevant hospital.

Please also note, the email offering a post will come from the network where you are allocated. Applicants who have not been allocated a post will be contacted directly by the National Recruitment Service

Best Wishes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

What happens if you are not allocated a post? Is giving 2 days to accept a position legal?

if we aren't allocated a post, apparently we are kept on a reserve list and have to wait for people to reject their offers so that those on the reserve list can fill those posts. if you are unsuccesful at that stage, they will use you to fill any vacancies that come up during the year.

vamos77 wrote: »
    Dear Intern Applicants

The Intern Allocations will be released at 10am on Monday 11th June 2012. I understand this might be inconvenient for some due to limited email access while away on holidays. It might be wise to have a family member check on your behalf if this is an issue.

What will be required at that time is a return reply indicating acceptance or otherwise before 5pm on Wednesday June 13th. Also, dates and contact details for contract signing will be given. If you cannot attend, you must email the relevant hospital.

Please also note, the email offering a post will come from the network where you are allocated. Applicants who have not been allocated a post will be contacted directly by the National Recruitment Service

Best Wishes
    Vamos77 was this an email you got or somethin official etc? Just wondering why no one in my class got anything like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 vamos77

sillymoo wrote: »
    Vamos77 was this an email you got or somethin official etc? Just wondering why no one in my class got anything like this.

Sorry, yeah this was an email my college's intern cordinator sent us, but it applys to us all, as the network itself will send you the email your intern post and deadline for accepting is same for all colleges in the country.

vamos77 wrote: »
    sillymoo wrote: »

Sorry, yeah this was an email my college's intern cordinator sent us, but it applys to us all, as the network itself will send you the email your intern post and deadline for accepting is same for all colleges in the country.
    That's great thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭resus

Welcome to the HSE... the bullying starts now

So what are the odds the offers actually come out at 10am tomorrow :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Bazmedic

10am on the dot for Dublin Southeast anyway

does anyone have the list of rotations with the numbers and the hospitals please?

you're a star! thank you so much gradmed!

Just received this, others in the class have gotten one saying their positions are unchanged.
    This is just descending into farce.

Dear Candidate,

Further to the recent campaign for the allocation of Internships unfortunately a number of issues have been identified which impact on some of the positions offered. Following a thorough investigation all candidates are being reissued with their revised offers/ communication. Unfortunately it is possible that an incorrect post allocation offer was made to you which may be amended in line with the revised results.

I would anticipate that you will have notification of your final offer early next week.

Please be advised that due to the examination of offers all contract signing meetings and occupational health screening that has been scheduled has been postponed and relevant hospitals will be in contact with you in due course.

We will be in contact with you at the earliest possible date and you will be notified of this email communication by an alert text message where a mobile number was provided in your application.

On behalf of the HSE I wish to apologise most sincerely for the regrettable circumstances which have led to this review of the matching process. On behalf of the HSE, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Yours sincerely,

National Recruitment Service

It really is such a wonderful start to a working relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kopci

Alicat9, would you mind telling if you are EU or non-EU and any other details you'd like to share about what post you got (and managed to keep)? Just trying to understand what is happening with the HSE. Having to wait til next week, after all this time, is ridiculous!

What the hell is going on in this country? One day AIB pull the plug on the GEM loan. The next the HSE are seemingly considering withdrawing internship offers. Better that than give interns jobs they can't pay the salary for though, I suppose.

My email says my job offer is unchanged. I've asked others and mostly people have been sent the other, less certain email. Anyone have a theory about how they've divided us into 2 groups? It looks entirely random to me.

kopci wrote: »
    Alicat9, would you mind telling if you are EU or non-EU and any other details you'd like to share about what post you got (and managed to keep)? Just trying to understand what is happening with the HSE. Having to wait til next week, after all this time, is ridiculous!

Hey I'll answer that for you too. I'm an Irish citizen. My job is in St James' in Dublin and has no peripheral attachment (if that matters).....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 kopci

My email says my job offer is unchanged. I've asked others and mostly people have been sent the other, less certain email. Anyone have a theory about how they've divided us into 2 groups? It looks entirely random to me.

Exactly! I would have thought that if some posts change, most would end up changing because people will get bumped. Also, if the HSE already knows who will be affected and who won't, how come they don't already know the new allocations? I can't figure out what is happening in this process!

Advertisement