Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft Doesn't Sleep (Off-topic MADNESS!!!)MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

I haven't seen a good war doc with ages, looking for something along the lines of "restrepo" and the danish doc "Armadillo". Anyone recommend one?

Read on AI magazine something about a SASR one, If anyone seen it, is it good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

I haven't seen a good war doc with ages, looking for something along the lines of "restrepo" and the danish doc "Armadillo". Anyone recommend one?

Read on AI magazine something about a SASR one, If anyone seen it, is it good?

Not bad actually just in the middle of it myself :D want to know anything in particular?

Jsmurff wrote: »
    Not bad actually just in the middle of it myself :D want to know anything in particular?

Naaah just wondering if its worth watching. any other suggestions?

Acually dandy you might be interested in one particular point the made a reference to a doc that was 3 years in the making and it was produced and aired by Australia's tv Channel Ten it's called "TOUR OF DUTY: AUSTRALIA'S SECRET WAR" outlining the quiet deployment of Australian Special Air Service Regement (SASR) into both Iraq and Afgahnistan.

The program follows a unit everywhere! Behind enemy lines, on night raids, into enemy strongholds and on missions to destroy Taliban Drug Compounds!!!!!

Now if only I had a working laptop and Internet :rolleyes:…

Naaah just wondering if its worth watching. any other suggestions?

Oh I thought you meant the article as in was it worth a read :o

Well that sounds like its balls deep in the action so I would be looking that up right away :D

I take it you have the mag…

• Advertisement

Well that sounds like its balls deep in the action so I would be looking that up right away :D

yuuuuup, thats what I was I thinking might try and find it!

yuuuuup, thats what I was I thinking might try and find it!

If you do can you pm me a link so I can store it away till my laptop is up and running?

If you do can you pm me a link so I can store it away till my laptop is up and running?

No bother dude ill pm ya when i get round to it.

No bother dude ill pm ya when i get round to it.

Sound! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Four Colombian female police officers show an assortment of tactical weapons during the 10th Regional Conference of the International Association of Chiefs of Police, in Medellin, Antioquia department, Colombia on June 4, 2012
    Link
    Female members of the Federal Police parade during a ceremony to celebrate National Police Day in Mexico, on June 2, 2012 in Mexico City.
    link
    Members of the Federal Police parade during a ceremony to celebrate National Police Day in Mexico, on June 2, 2012 in Mexico City.
    link
    A female police officer looks at a Ferrari painted with the colours and logo of the national police, being displayed during the 10th Regional Conference of the International Association of Chiefs of Police, in Medellin, Antioquia department, Colombia on June 4, 2012. The car was converted into an exhibition police car after it was seized from drug trafficker Hernando Gomez, A.K.A 'Rasguño', who was extradited to the U.S. where he is currently serving time.
    link
    A female !
    link

• Advertisement

British Army Pvt. Holly Davenport, with the 104 Theater Military Working Dog Support Unit (TMWDSU), restrains military working dog Dennis during a controlled aggressive demonstration at Camp Bastion, Helmand province, Afghanistan. British soldiers with 104 TMWDSU conduct daily training exercises so that the military working dogs provided safety and security through repetitive action. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Lance Cpl. Robert R. Carrasco/Released)
    Link
    Greensboro Navy K-9 handler killed in Afghanistan
    May 31, 2012 - Petty Officer 2nd Class Sean E. Brazas, of Greensboro, died while conducting combat operations in Panjwa’l, Afghanistan.
    He was assigned to Naval Base Kitsap Security Detachment in Bremerton, Wash.Brazas’ K-9 partner — Sicario — was with him at the time of his death, but survived. Sicario was treated for heat stress and is expected to be OK.
    Link
    U.S. Marine Corps Lance Cpl. William D. Elmgren and an Improvised Explosive Device Detector Dog with Fox Company, 2D Battalion, 9th Marines (2/9), Regimental Combat Team 5 search dried poppy plants for explosive devices during a satellite patrol in Bari Desert, Afghanistan May 23, 2012. Fox Company took part in a ten-day partnered patrol with the Afghan National Army to disrupt enemy activity throughout their area of operations. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Lance Cpl. David A. Perez/Released)
    Link

whydave wrote: »
    U.S. Marine Corps Lance Cpl. William D. Elmgren and an Improvised Explosive Device Detector Dog with Fox Company, 2D Battalion, 9th Marines (2/9), Regimental Combat Team 5 search dried poppy plants for explosive devices during a satellite patrol in Bari Desert, Afghanistan May 23, 2012. Fox Company took part in a ten-day partnered patrol with the Afghan National Army to disrupt enemy activity throughout their area of operations. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Lance Cpl. David A. Perez/Released)
    Link

Is it just me or does anyone else think the dog is saying FREEEEDOM!!! :D

Is it just me or does anyone else think the dog is saying FREEEEDOM!!! :D
    More like ''RUN this way !!!! there's something over there !!!!!''

Were Tanks go to die !!!
    here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

The look like T-62's. If you wanted to but one the cost would probably be the weight in scrap. It's about £140 per ton of scrap iron these days. Say £100 as this is the Ukraine and it saves the guy from having to chop them up. A T62 comes to 40 tonnes, so £4000 for the tank.

Of course you would have to pay to get it shipped here as well. And there would be customs duty and god only knows how many permits from the relevant authorities for a military vehicle.

Say €10k then so for the ultimate lawn ornament! :)

The female cop in city Ciudad Juares
    Link

Sgt. Judah Kelber, just off the bus at Camp Lejeune, N.C., holds his son Aaron, just shy of 10 weeks old, shortly after meeting him for the first time upon returning from a seven-month deployment to Afghanistan March 6, 2012. Photo by Sarah Kelber
    Link

Have you an MP-5K then you will want one of these !!!
    When will the Airsoft one be on the market !!!
    ( Link )

• Advertisement

Magic moment: young athletes run race together after starting gun fright !

Link

these are sports heros !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

...I really did not expect that, because I misread the title. I thought it said:

"Young athletes run race together after starting gun fight"

I expected the race to be away from the police...I could not have been more wrong.

A Canadian special forces soldier stands by to take part in the assault teams event of the 9th edition of the commando forces competition at the military base of Tolemaida, Colombia on June 9, 2012. Elite troops from 21 American countries take part in the competition.
    Link
    Members of the United States' Army's Bravo Company, 1-377 Field Artillery Regiment fire a 155mm Howitzer at insurgent positions above them from Forward Operating Base Bostick in Afghanistan's Kunar Province June 9, 2012.
    Link

Chris Combs, of Troy, left, and Stephanie Locke, of Clawson, cross the street in downtown Birmingham, Mich. while participating in a protest by gun enthusiasts Monday, June 11. The protest is in support of eighteen-year-old Sean Michael Combs, of Troy, who was arrested in Birmingham on April 13 while carrying a rifle. Combs was charged with brandishing a weapon, disturbing the peace, and obstructing a police officer. David Guralnick /The Detroit News via AP
    link
    A B-52H Stratofortress from Barksdale Air Force Base, La., takes off during a rapid launch exercise at Minot Air Force Base, N.D., June 11, 2012. The rapid launch included 17 B-52s from both Minot AFB and Barksdale AFB, La.
    link
    link
    A soldier from the United States' Army's Charlie Company, 1-12 Infantry, 4th Brigade, 4th Infantry Division, sleeps at Blocking Position one above Kamdesh in Afghanistan's Nuristan Province June 11, 2012.
    link

No. 4 Squadron Combat Controllers, Sergeant G (left) and Corporal R, conducting assault zone survey training with a Dynamic Cone Penetrometer and a handheld Global Positioning System. 13/06/2012 © Commonwealth of Australia
    Link
    Link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

@ Ghostwarrior that's brilliant!
    Did you ever read the thread over on the Walter Mitty forum about this starting his own fitness group/cult? Makes for a good read too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

I've clearly missed something. Can someone explain to me what exactly happened?

[edit]

PM it to me if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

Wow who deleted that post? Hope that wasn't you Andy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 GHOST_WARRIOR

Permabanned for Personal Abuse of another user

Advertisement