Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Plans after the LC

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭conor93a

I think the one concern I had was the location, ya know, Limerick probably isn't considered the most glamorous place in the world? (No offence to anyone from Limerick) But I'm willing to give it a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

Hopefully trinity for me, I hoping to do either law or BESS

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Caffman

I'm Thinking NUIG! Is anyone thinking of going that hasn't sorted accomodation yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

conor93a wrote: »
    Yeah, price was a concern but I think I'd be better off on campus for the first year anyway. In any case I think I'm right in saying that the on campus accommodation is relatively cheap compared to other colleges?

I'll definitely be getting involved in the ol' footy myself!

I'll definitely be seeing you in that case! Hoping to do Journalism inside and get on the first freshman team there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Northumbria in Newcastle! :D or it might be dcu if I don't make it there.
    I reckon I will :).
    If I get my 4 B1s and C3 in maths which will get me at least 375 points and whatever french grade.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Caffman wrote: »
    I'm Thinking NUIG! Is anyone thinking of going that hasn't sorted accomodation yet?

I have sorted out my accommodation (Centrepoint, woop!) but I've heard of people applying in August and still finding places. You won't get a place in Corrib at this stage, and the other ones people mainly go for will e quite full, but places further away like Centrepoint still have load of places. :P

Good luck anyway!

I have sorted out my accommodation (Centrepoint, woop!) but I've heard of people applying in August and still finding places. You won't get a place in Corrib at this stage, and the other ones people mainly go for will e quite full, but places further away like Centrepoint still have load of places. :P

Good luck anyway!

Sound! Corrib sounds like great craic, centrepoint's looks a bit cheaper though, trying to get this grant to stretch..recession and all that craic, y'know yourself
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 BubblegumBitch

Hopefully UCD for me to do Psychiatric Nursing. Wanna specialize in children's mental health :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Breifne72

i'd love to go to dublin but any of the courses i wanna do have really high points :/ looking at law and arts in maynooth though so hopefully that works out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Breifne72 wrote: »
    i'd love to go to dublin but any of the courses i wanna do have really high points :/ looking at law and arts in maynooth though so hopefully that works out! :D
    Yey! A fellow Law Maynoothian! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Breifne72

Yey! A fellow Law Maynoothian! :D

all goin well anyway :) heard great things about course and college! should be a bitta craic anyway:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Good luck anyway!

There usually isn't a problem with getting Corrib later on in August when people don't get Galway or go somewhere else, they may be running running a waiting list. Cuirt and Gort na Coiribe fill up fast at this stage too but there are always a limited number of spaces that free up in August as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Hoping I get into CTI here in Waterford, its a year long Art and Portfolio course and the interview I did went well! then after that either WIT or CIT to study Visual Communications!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Caffman wrote: »
    Sound! Corrib sounds like great craic, centrepoint's looks a bit cheaper though, trying to get this grant to stretch..recession and all that craic, y'know yourself
    :rolleyes:

Corrib village is mental! I live in Galway myself and have been over the a few nights and sometimes, especially rag week, it's just unreal! :D I'd definitely recommend going there anyway, although you mightn't get much sleep :pac:

Wesc. wrote: »
    Corrib village is mental! I live in Galway myself and have been over the a few nights and sometimes, especially rag week, it's just unreal! :D I'd definitely recommend going there anyway, although you mightn't get much sleep :pac:

Im not too worried about that, it's how I've always imagined college! money is the only factor I'm beginning to worry about at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Yea so planning on doing music at college, first choice was DIT but my entrance exam did int go so well! so unhappy and angry am not going there!! Anyone do the entrance exam for dit and get in/ didn't get?

So i have ucd, maynooth, and royal irish acadmy of music(BA in Music Performance) I play piano and currently preparing for my DipABRSM so yeah i'm pretty advanced!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

I'm hoping for NUIG! :P I'm pretty chuffed, going to be the first person in my family to go to college and not have a baby at the age of 18. :o

GOOD FOR YOU!! ENJOY EVERY SECOND:)

Advertisement