Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDP12 Final - Leinster v Ospreys 27/05/12 - KO 4pm - RTE/TG4/S4C

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

Horgan is awfully bitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭A-Train

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    Irlandczyk wrote: »
    +1

Very strange that Leinster - who ran away with the league title in this half of the season - should lose based on one game at the very end. Is this a league or not?

Still, I have to hand it to Ospreys, they deserved to win this game today.

Every league in pro rugby has this format. Ospreys fully deserve the title

It doesnt make it right though! Why not have a series of playoffs then instead of a league?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭IveSeenFire

He knows a lot more than you though I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

He is painful as a pundit tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Being able to lose a league topped by 20 odd points on the basis of half the pack being missing through injuries, the ref having a shocker and mike ross getting injured is total crap tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

maddragon wrote: »
    Ok, Troll post I admit. I'm a Munster fan and agree that Leinster are the best team in Europe by a few yards and the best team in Ireland by a mile but as an Ireland fan I'm very disappointed that the Taffs beat our team today. We need to reverse this trend bigtime.

What trend?

Leinster were missing SOB and Healy and had their scrum anchor off injured in the first half

Not to mention they've player 3 high intensity games in 3 weeks

A fresh Leinster side wouldn't have lost this game today

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

I thought Leinster could take Ireland to a new level but today's loss has me very disheartened. Tell me I'm overreacting:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Has anyone seen a replay of the Osprey's 2nd last kick - the penalty from the left touchline? On first viewing it looked to me that it went to the left of the lefthand post, or at best it went over the post, which would not be a score. Not to be bitter in defeat, but I'd just be interested in confirming if it was a valid score or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Horgan has been an excellent pundit whenever I've seen him

maddragon wrote: »
    I thought Leinster could take Ireland to a new level but today's loss has me very disheartened. Tell me I'm overreacting:

You are. A lot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

This loss will keep the guys fresh and hungry for next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

Kidney will be laughing, this takes the pressure right off him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Ospreys gifted that game by an absolute joke of a ref. Refereeing of the scrum throughout the game was a atrocious. Second sin binning was absolutely ridiculous.

Welsh rugby once again flying high on the back of incompetent refereeing, nothing new there then.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

Ah well. BOD to lead us to at least 1 win against the ABs in 2 weeks time. No pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Irlandczyk

liammur wrote: »

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭A-Train

Has anyone seen a replay of the Osprey's 2nd last kick - the penalty from the left touchline? On first viewing it looked to me that it went to the left of the lefthand post, or at best it went over the post, which would not be a score. Not to be bitter in defeat, but I'd just be interested in confirming if it was a valid score or not.

Myself + the other half thought the same thing! I would be interested to see it again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

The pressure to prove that he knows what he's doing? Doubt it. Although a lot of us don't really care anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,035 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

profitius wrote: »
    Leinster were unlucky. Firstly in having to play 3 big games in 3 weeks. They looked tired. Then in missing SOB and Healy. Then Mike ROss going off injured. And most of all in getting Poite as the ref!

Ranking those in order of misfortune is a tough one. I'd say Ross off injured was the least significant, as White is an able replacement. I'd probably go Poite 2nd and then missing Healy and SOB first.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭fitz

Really don't think that Ospreys would have closed the gap without that lunatic sin-binning and having the last 8 minutes against 14 men.

Ridiculous decision from Poite that had a decisive impact on the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

LordSmeg wrote: »
    Ospreys gifted that game by an absolute joke of a ref. Refereeing of the scrum throughout the game was a atrocious. Second sin binning was absolutely ridiculous.

Welsh rugby once again flying high on the back of incompetent refereeing, nothing new there then.

Poite was awful but acting like a sore loser will earn no sympathy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Jigga wrote: »
    Leinster fans oozing class booing at the final whistle :rolleyes:, well done Ospreys!
    It wasn't the whistle, it wasn't the ospreys, it was the ref I was booing at.

LordSmeg wrote: »

LemonTree.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

The pressure to prove that he knows what he's doing? Doubt it. Although a lot of us don't really care anymore.

I know why we can't beat wales.

Ospreys win twice in dublin this year, and they demolished munster in the semis. We can't beat them, club or country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Anyways, congrats ospreys and shane williams but you're not going to be putting a star on your jersey for a RDP 12 win and we'll have three stars on the jersey next year.

To hell with the pro 12 anyways, should focus all energies on europe and keep up the legacy there because it's what's going to be remembered years down the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Tox56 wrote: »
    Poite was awful but acting like a sore loser will earn no sympathy

Who's acting like a sore loser or looking for sympathy for that matter ? I'm stating facts. Poite ruined that game for leinster by being absolutely shíte at his job. Its not the first Welsh "victory" over an Irish team this year built on incompetent refereeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Even if that were true it would be right back on as soon as he puts an Ireland team on to the pitch and inevitably loses.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭IveSeenFire

I know why we can't beat wales.

Ospreys win twice in dublin this year, and they demolished munster in the semis. We can't beat them, club or country.
    Did you actually just watch that match?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

From an Irish point of view, that was painful viewing, like watching the finish of the 6n game v Wales in replay (and indeed the Leinster v Ospreys regular season game).

Leinster should have had it wrapped up and made some poor decisions at key times. Really don't know enough to comment on the scrums but all I can say is that Poite didn't help the situation in that facet. Saw a good article this morning about the variety in reffing styles at scrum time and its not helping the game.

Leinster will be devastated to have lost that after dominating the league all season but Ospreys have shown they have the measure of them on any given day but I don't see this materialising into an Ospreys European Challenge next season. They'll mess around with a new coach or something again during the summer. However for the league itself it was a dramatic final and it won't do any harm to have a Welsh winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Hard luck to Leinster. I f****** hate Wales so much. Why you keep winning?!

Anyone complaining about play-offs has sour grapes. It's the best way to decide a league especially a league like the Rabo where its perhaps taken softly and easy at certain stages in the season. Easy points are picked up with second string sides. If we stuck with the old system this league would still be in the dark ages in terms of popularity. Leinster fans wouldn't be complaining if they won down in Thomond last year

• Advertisement

Delighted for Williams. One of the true gents of Welsh rugby

Been one of my favorite players down the years and he deserved to go out on a high note

Advertisement