Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game of Thrones [HBO & Sky Atlantic] **Spoilers** (Read Warning Post #1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

mariebeth wrote: »
    It was niggling at me that I definitely had read somewhere in the book about
    Jorah being a spy
    and I just went back and had a look.

In Ned's second chapter, when
    Robert & Ned have ridden off from the main group heading to King's Landing, they have a conversation about Daenarys having married Drogo, Ned asks Robert who the source is, and Robert explicitly names Jorah Mormont as the source, because he is looking for a pardon.
    I remember the scene and chapter, I have to say it never registered with Me that He was named, Good to know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Bistoman wrote: »
    I remember the scene and chapter, I have to say it never registered with Me that He was named, Good to know :)

I don't think it registered with me the first time I read it either! i'm re-reading Clash of Kings at the moment and I'm taking in so much more now because I'm not racing ahead to see WHAT happens next, so I'm taking in all the small things as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

When does series 2 actually start lads ? Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

April 2nd 9pm on sky atlantic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Looking forward to this, and to think I nearly switched off in the first few minutes because I thought it was middle age fantasy nonsense.

Good timing, I just finished watching season 1 all in one go. (now just waiting for breaking bad, mad men and walking dead to come back)

Looking forward to this, and to think I nearly switched off in the first few minutes because I thought it was middle age fantasy nonsense.

Good timing, I just finished watching season 1 all in one go. (now just waiting for breaking bad, mad men and walking dead to come back)

It IS middle age fantasy nonsense.But its Great middle age fantasy nonsense :)
    If You haven't started reading the books, Give Yourself a treat and get reading, You won't be disappointed.
    Also, I got to see season 2 of walking dead last week, If You found season 1 good, You will blown away with season 2 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭settings

Can someone please tell me
    why did the lord commander and co. come into the brothel and kill that baby?

also remind me
    whats the nights watch mission? I should know..

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

settings wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me
    why did the lord commander and co. come into the brothel and kill that baby?

Because the baby was one of Robert's bastards, and any one of Roberts bastards (there are many) could potentially be a threat to Joffrey's claim to the throne, particularly as the rumours of him being born of Jaime and Cersei's incest are now rife throughout the kingdom.
    settings wrote: »
    also remind me
    whats the nights watch mission? I should know..

thanks

They are mounting an expedition North of the Wall to gather information on the Wildlings (there are rumours they are gathering together for a large assault on the South), the whereabouts of Benjen Stark, and perhaps information on the White Walkers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Guys, there's no need to spoiler-text things that happened in the episode, or doing the same for recaps of things occurred. If someone's reading this thread and haven't seen the episode yet, then it's there own fault. The title is clue enough this is a place for Spoilers & all that came before.

• Advertisement

Winter has been coming since season 1 episode 1, we are now on season 2 and its still not here !! I think i will wait for Season 5 before i start watching the rest of this show .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Winter has been coming since season 1 episode 1, we are now on season 2 and its still not here !! I think i will wait for Season 5 before i start watching the rest of this show .

ye because waiting for the seasons to change is the highlight, nothing else of interest happens in every episode. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,268 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

In a land where seasons last years...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭settings

Thanks alot Funglegunk,
    Actually thought the nights watch were involved in the war somehow. I remember last season snow was going to leave to help Rob etc but ... yeah the next part I forgot:D

Oh so they are looking for the bastard blacksmith to kill him and not because he was spotted leaving with arya.

apologies for my ignorance:o

pixelburp wrote: »
    Guys, there's no need to spoiler-text things that happened in the episode, or doing the same for recaps of things occurred. If someone's reading this thread and haven't seen the episode yet, then it's there own fault. The title is clue enough this is a place for Spoilers & all that came before.

Good point, spoilers removed. Just habit I suppose, once I see spoiler tags I use them in reply!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

....seriously?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

"Winter is Coming" is not just weather specific! Think about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Episode 2 seems to be on the web already!!! :confused: Must resist watching!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Kaizer Sosa

Peter Dinklage has to be one of the most charismatic actors out there. His portrayal of Tyrion is an acting masterclass.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Burkatron wrote: »
    Episode 2 seems to be on the web already!!! :confused: Must resist watching!!!

It's out on HBO Go, not leaked or anything.

It's out on HBO Go, not leaked or anything.

Is this going to be a weekly thing or if I watch this will I have to wait 2 weeks for episode 3??

• Advertisement

Burkatron wrote: »
    Is this going to be a weekly thing or if I watch this will I have to wait 2 weeks for episode 3??

If you watch it you'll have to wait 2 weeks, same as episode 6/7 last year.

If you watch it you'll have to wait 2 weeks, same as episode 6/7 last year.

:( I thought it was walking Dead that this happened with last year! I don't remember having this dilemma with GOT! Damn you HBO! I'm off to watch the episode now! I'll be back to spoil it for anyone that doesn't want to watch it! :pac:

I Had a chance to see ep 2, Great things to Come.
    You finely get to see the Grayjoys and the Island of Pyke, Also it seems that the story has changed somewhat, Stanis and the red Witch Wait and see :P
    "Dark wings, Dark tidings"

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

I Had a chance to see ep 2, Great things to Come.
    You finely get to see the Grayjoys and the Island of Pyke, Also it seems that the story has changed somewhat, Stanis and the red Witch Wait and see :P
    "Dark wings, Dark tidings"

I think that thing between
    Stannis & Melisandre
    was hinted at vaguely in the book, but for a TV show you have to make things a bit more in your face :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Peter Dinklage has to be one of the most charismatic actors out there. His portrayal of Tyrion is an acting masterclass.

I don't really think his acting is all that tbh. He just gets all the best lines.

Mindkiller wrote: »
    I don't really think his acting is all that tbh. He just gets all the best lines.

He also gets top billing on the season 2 Credits :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

It's the way he delivers the lines though.
    If you ever get a chance, watch the film 'The Station Agent'. He was brilliant in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

"You know nothing Jon Snow"

I love that line so so much

Is it just Me or is this season moveing very Fast? The are skipping over a lot of the story to get to the end, And adding stuff thats not in the Books
    Littlefinger at the camp with Renly
    The story of Arya on the road was completely left out, and it looks like Daenerys Will not
    to go to Astapor, If You look at the Map on the HBO site, Astapor isn't on it
    And north of the wall
    will Jon kill the Halfhand? It looks like Jon will go straight to the Raider
    Having said all that, I'm still loving the show and looking forward to the next few episodes :)

Also " You know Nothing John Snow" Is My favorite line also ;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

If definitely seems to be moving very fast, but then as with any book/TV/film crossover many parts of the written story are background that are not essential to enjoy the visual representation of the story. The writers/producers may have to throw in a few subtle nods to things mentioned in the books but not 100% essential to the actual story EG. The Onion knight and his 'lucky' bag of bones.

However I am sure some non-readers will have difficulty catching on to who the various individuals are. (Roose Bolton comes to mind ;) )

I really like the way they used armour/clothing to differentiate between the factions. (The GreyJoy troops in particular with their oilskins)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Miprocin

Is it just Me or is this season moveing very Fast? The are skipping over a lot of the story to get to the end, And adding stuff thats not in the Books
    Littlefinger at the camp with Renly
    The story of Arya on the road was completely left out, and it looks like Daenerys Will not
    to go to Astapor, If You look at the Map on the HBO site, Astapor isn't on it
    And north of the wall
    will Jon kill the Halfhand? It looks like Jon will go straight to the Raider
    Having said all that, I'm still loving the show and looking forward to the next few episodes

Also " You know Nothing John Snow" Is My favorite line also
    Pretty sure Dany doesn't get to Astophor until ASoS. I can see them condensing Astapor, Yunkai and Meereen into one or two cities when they get around to it. They left Vaes Toloro out completely too.

I think they should leave the books alone, they seem to have gotten overconfident with their abilities and are messing with it too much... though most people don't seem to see it the same way online.

I'm still enjoying it a lot also, though there are many shows I've enjoyed a lot that are on more than ten times a year. Last year was mindblowing for me, this year... it doesn't feel as amazing.

I think that a lot of the strongest and coolest actors/characters are gone this year also... Robert, Eddard, Viserys, possibly Drogo to an extent.... they're all dead! And not in my view replaced as well. Still great, just not as amazing as last year IMO.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,394 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just started reading the first book today. It was never made clear the Ghost was a 6th pup in the litter of Direwolves in the show was it? I've watched season 1 twice now, and I'm pretty sure it just has Jon saying there are 5 wolves for each of the stark children, i always wondered how he ended up with one of them in that case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Robb, Sansa, Arya, Brann, Rickon, a pup for each

Yes Ghost was part of the litter but was different to the other pups
    The runt of the litter goes to the bastard, the outsider

edit, that's how I remember it, I'll go back and check the show now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just started reading the first book today. It was never made clear the Ghost was a 6th pup in the litter of Direwolves in the show was it? I've watched season 1 twice now, and I'm pretty sure it just has Jon saying there are 5 wolves for each of the stark children, i always wondered how he ended up with one of them in that case.

he gives them to the other Starks and as they're walking away from the direwolf corpse he finds Ghost under it or under some leaves or something, and I think its Theon who jokes about it being the runt of the litter so Jon should get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

I think they should leave the books alone, they seem to have gotten overconfident with their abilities and are messing with it too much... though most people don't seem to see it the same way online.

I'm still enjoying it a lot also, though there are many shows I've enjoyed a lot that are on more than ten times a year. Last year was mindblowing for me, this year... it doesn't feel as amazing.

I think that a lot of the strongest and coolest actors/characters are gone this year also... Robert, Eddard, Viserys, possibly Drogo to an extent.... they're all dead! And not in my view replaced as well. Still great, just not as amazing as last year IMO.
    Yeah, I definitely think this season lacks a strong central character. I'm guessing that Dinklage is only getting top billing for this season and someone else will take center stage in season 3. Tyrion is my favourite character but I don't think he has the presence to lead a show like this. Maybe Robb Stark in season 3? I dunno who it might be, haven't read the books. If it's Daenarys then I'm dropping it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Yeah, I definitely think this season lacks a strong central character. I'm guessing that Dinklage is only getting top billing for this season and someone else will take center stage in season 3. Tyrion is my favourite character but I don't think he has the presence to lead a show like this. Maybe Robb Stark in season 3? I dunno who it might be, haven't read the books. If it's Daenarys then I'm dropping it.

Jon Snow will come into his own very shortly. And Daenarys isn't bad, her storyline gets better as time goes on (Not this season unfortunately)

Some interesting things begin to happen with Dorne, can't wait until they introduce the viper.

Personally I've never really found myself rooting for Daenarys. Emilia Clarke is gorgeous and playing the character fantastically: I just can't stand the character.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

.........someone else will take center stage in season 3.........Maybe Robb Stark in season 3? I dunno who it might be, haven't read the books....
    I doubt it.....................

I do think Dinklage has an advantage as Tyrion seems to get all the best lines in the books.
    Denerick wrote: »
    Jon Snow will come into his own very shortly. And Daenarys isn't bad, her storyline gets better as time goes on ......
    Some interesting things begin to happen with Dorne, can't wait until they introduce the viper.
    I agree, the Jon story line (I think) delves into the mythos and ancient history of Westeros. However I do think the introduction of the Dornish characters may overload some of the TV only fans.

• Advertisement

Denerick wrote: »

The viper is one of my favourite characters. :) I loved his verbal sparring with Tyrion when being received at the gates of King's Landing.

I think Tyrion is the most charismatic character currently on television, and he'll be top billing for season 3 as well.

Well
    Astapor was mentioned in last nights episode, So I guess I got that much wrong. I'm a little disappointed that the war in the river lands is being overlooked, I guess We will get to see the attack on Kings Landing next week, But with a day to go in the story, there is no mention of the Imp's Towers and nets, I hope that we get to see some of that battle. As I remember from the Books the war was almost over by the the King-slayer was released. It doesn't look like the redemption of Jamie is coming any time soon. They are also giving a background to Rob's marriage that you never got to see, Its interesting. Looking at IMDB.com, there is no one listed as the Bolton Bastard, I hope they don't leave Him out until next Year, The Bastard is a great character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Funglegunk wrote:
    The viper is one of my favourite characters.

Hardy-Bucks-KHA7206.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

I'm really happy that Liam Cunningham and Michael McElhatton (remember him in Fergus' Wedding?:)) are getting a fair amount of screen time.

Great characters and performances from both. I'd imagine it's difficult compressing everything to fit the TV show, but I'm impressed with the small references they throw in.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Anyone else think the explicit content in this series is a bit much? Or am I just being a prude? Sure theres plenty of rolling around in the dirt in the books but the series takes it to another level altogether. Dialogue originally spoken by Cat on a horse in the middle of a field is given to Littlefinger to say while he is watching prostitutes finger each other in the ass. A prostitute comes out of a room with come on her chin, wipes it off and proceeds to kiss another client. I mean, I'm as perverted as the next guy but seriously? I think its a bit much when I'm just trying to sit down and watch a show.

Also anyone else a little dissapointed with the land beyond the wall? The books describe places much more mountainous with lots of forests. Nothing but sky and flat lands in the series. Dunno why they couldn't have gone to the forests of Northern Europe to shoot.

Still a great show.

Andy!! wrote: »
    Anyone else think the explicit content in this series is a bit much? Or am I just being a prude? Sure theres plenty of rolling around in the dirt in the books but the series takes it to another level altogether. Dialogue originally spoken by Cat on a horse in the middle of a field is given to Littlefinger to say while he is watching prostitutes finger each other in the ass. A prostitute comes out of a room with come on her chin, wipes it off and proceeds to kiss another client. I mean, I'm as perverted as the next guy but seriously? I think its a bit much when I'm just trying to sit down and watch a show.

I know what You mean, But I think its a lot less in serious Two than it was in One ( Remember Dani and Drogo on the wedding night?). But It seems to be the way of things now, After "Rome" and "Spartacus" the bench mark was set pretty High. And "Thrones" in no ware in the same on screen sex league as them. I suppose that an audience must be kept happy, and to some it's the sex scenes that keep them watching. I'm a little disappointed that the battle scenes are all cut short or not seen at all.

Also anyone else a little dissapointed with the land beyond the wall? The books describe places much more mountainous with lots of forests. Nothing but sky and flat lands in the series. Dunno why they couldn't have gone to the forests of Northern Europe to shoot.

Still a great show.
    I think a lot of the North of the Wall stuff was shot in Iceland, But I agree I was hoping to see lots and lots of Forrest, The books describe the Forrest along the base of the "Fist" But all You see on the show is Miles and miles of snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I don't think I'm harsh in saying this series has been shocking so far. Really not enjoying it.

I think it started out amazingly, and is still pretty good. Clash of Kings is the worst book to be honest.

I think it started out amazingly, and is still pretty good. Clash of Kings is the worst book to be honest.
    Seriously? You prefer Feast to Clash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Well HBO have a history of explicit sex scenes. It's no more hardcore than True Blood or Rome. That said, I wouldn't watch it when my mam was around :P

Pity they left out Strong Belwas and Arstan Whitebeard in this series though.

Sleepy wrote: »
    Seriously? You prefer Feast to Clash?

Not got that far yet, but thanks for making me not look forward to it! :pac:

Arstan and Belwas only come into CoK at the very end, we may see them yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement