Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Game of Thrones [HBO & Sky Atlantic] **Spoilers** (Read Warning Post #1)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

Well
    Astapor was mentioned in last nights episode, So I guess I got that much wrong. I'm a little disappointed that the war in the river lands is being overlooked, I guess We will get to see the attack on Kings Landing next week, But with a day to go in the story, there is no mention of the Imp's Towers and nets, I hope that we get to see some of that battle. As I remember from the Books the war was almost over by the the King-slayer was released. It doesn't look like the redemption of Jamie is coming any time soon. They are also giving a background to Rob's marriage that you never got to see, Its interesting. Looking at IMDB.com, there is no one listed as the Bolton Bastard, I hope they don't leave Him out until next Year, The Bastard is a great character.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Funglegunk wrote:
    The viper is one of my favourite characters.

Hardy-Bucks-KHA7206.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

I'm really happy that Liam Cunningham and Michael McElhatton (remember him in Fergus' Wedding?:)) are getting a fair amount of screen time.

Great characters and performances from both. I'd imagine it's difficult compressing everything to fit the TV show, but I'm impressed with the small references they throw in.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Anyone else think the explicit content in this series is a bit much? Or am I just being a prude? Sure theres plenty of rolling around in the dirt in the books but the series takes it to another level altogether. Dialogue originally spoken by Cat on a horse in the middle of a field is given to Littlefinger to say while he is watching prostitutes finger each other in the ass. A prostitute comes out of a room with come on her chin, wipes it off and proceeds to kiss another client. I mean, I'm as perverted as the next guy but seriously? I think its a bit much when I'm just trying to sit down and watch a show.

Also anyone else a little dissapointed with the land beyond the wall? The books describe places much more mountainous with lots of forests. Nothing but sky and flat lands in the series. Dunno why they couldn't have gone to the forests of Northern Europe to shoot.

Still a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

Andy!! wrote: »
    Anyone else think the explicit content in this series is a bit much? Or am I just being a prude? Sure theres plenty of rolling around in the dirt in the books but the series takes it to another level altogether. Dialogue originally spoken by Cat on a horse in the middle of a field is given to Littlefinger to say while he is watching prostitutes finger each other in the ass. A prostitute comes out of a room with come on her chin, wipes it off and proceeds to kiss another client. I mean, I'm as perverted as the next guy but seriously? I think its a bit much when I'm just trying to sit down and watch a show.

I know what You mean, But I think its a lot less in serious Two than it was in One ( Remember Dani and Drogo on the wedding night?). But It seems to be the way of things now, After "Rome" and "Spartacus" the bench mark was set pretty High. And "Thrones" in no ware in the same on screen sex league as them. I suppose that an audience must be kept happy, and to some it's the sex scenes that keep them watching. I'm a little disappointed that the battle scenes are all cut short or not seen at all.

Also anyone else a little dissapointed with the land beyond the wall? The books describe places much more mountainous with lots of forests. Nothing but sky and flat lands in the series. Dunno why they couldn't have gone to the forests of Northern Europe to shoot.

Still a great show.
    I think a lot of the North of the Wall stuff was shot in Iceland, But I agree I was hoping to see lots and lots of Forrest, The books describe the Forrest along the base of the "Fist" But all You see on the show is Miles and miles of snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I don't think I'm harsh in saying this series has been shocking so far. Really not enjoying it.

I think it started out amazingly, and is still pretty good. Clash of Kings is the worst book to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I think it started out amazingly, and is still pretty good. Clash of Kings is the worst book to be honest.
    Seriously? You prefer Feast to Clash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Well HBO have a history of explicit sex scenes. It's no more hardcore than True Blood or Rome. That said, I wouldn't watch it when my mam was around :P

Pity they left out Strong Belwas and Arstan Whitebeard in this series though.

Sleepy wrote: »

Not got that far yet, but thanks for making me not look forward to it! :pac:

Arstan and Belwas only come into CoK at the very end, we may see them yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I know nothing about the books, I taught the first series was excellent but for some reason I'm finding it very hard to get into this one.

The only part I find myself intrigued by is kelisey and the dragons and they don't even focus that much on them !.

P.s when is kelisey going to get naked again, she looks like she needs a good ride lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Its spelled Khaleesi dude :)

And Emilia Clarke had the nudity clause removed from her contract after the first season so no more naked Khaleesi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

nooooooooooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

And Emilia Clarke had the nudity clause removed from her contract after the first season so no more naked Khaleesi.

Ah so thats why she wasn't wearing traditional Quarth attire :(

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Don't fret, I'm sure there will be plenty of visible nipples throughout the rest of the series............

calex71 wrote: »
    Ah so thats why she wasn't wearing traditional Quarth attire :(
    Well, that and I'm guessing that most actresses would look for more money for any level of nudity so even the bit players or extras may have been harder to cast / afford.

It'd be a pretty difficult thing to justify in the budget meeting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

any1 know where i can get the 9th episode of second season online i deleted out of my sky plus by mistake i cant watch tenth till i see it going mad

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Sorry brilou, I think posting links to stuff like that is not allowed by this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Err.. only if it's illegal.

Sky customers have access to Sky Anytime on their website so sign up to it and you'll be able to stream or download the last few episodes. Alternatively you can use a broadband cable to stream the episodes directly through your Sky plus box.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Just got into this on Sunday and having watched both seasons all I can say is......wow. What an amazing show, with a more or less top notch cast from minor to major.

But the thing that amazes me most is the unpredictability of the show, and the ballsy decisions it makes. I know it's based on books and the storylines and character fates have already been mapped out but all the same, when Ned was executed in S1 I was just speechless. I was convinced he'd be a mainstay throughout the show.

GoT is right up there with Breaking Bad as my favourite show on right now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Just got into this on Sunday and having watched both seasons all I can say is......wow. What an amazing show, with a more or less top notch cast from minor to major.

But the thing that amazes me most is the unpredictability of the show, and the ballsy decisions it makes. I know it's based on books and the storylines and character fates have already been mapped out but all the same, when Ned was executed in S1 I was just speechless. I was convinced he'd be a mainstay throughout the show.

Read the books. You won't be disappointed. The tv show is largely faithful to the books (But deviates more in the second season) The grandeur of the novel can't be compared with the screen version, due to limited budgets. Give it a go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Well, that and I'm guessing that most actresses would look for more money for any level of nudity so even the bit players or extras may have been harder to cast / afford.

It'd be a pretty difficult thing to justify in the budget meeting!

I doubt it considering the amount of nudity and sexuality they've had so far. They seem to consider it important.

Also a random extra to perform nudity would be extremely cheap. But you are right in that for a specific actress like Emilia Clarke to do it, the sky is the limit over how much she might ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭petebricquette

I reckon both are fairly weak in the overall context of the series. Both books felt a bit like filler. I mean, they advance everything along nicely but I found myself skimming through them much more than the other four.

Wasn't mad into this series: little things like the battle scenes being ridiculously unrealistic. I mean, who leaves a fortified position (as with Yoren attacking the Lannisters sent to claim Gendry)? Plus the battle scene at King's Landing looked really really amateurish.

I understand they have a limited budget but basic battle formations and tactics couldn't hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

read the books so, when you get to the 3rd one your jaw will hit the floor and stay there for a while :D

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭KingEnda

calex71 wrote: »
    read the books so, when you get to the 3rd one your jaw will hit the floor and stay there for a while :D

Just reading the 3rd book now and trying to get over the shock of what happens. :eek::eek::eek:
    I am studying for exams and find the escapisim in GoT to be fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭RichT

Anyone miss Game of Thrones from the start?

It's being repeated from the start on SKY ONE tomorrow night @ 10pm 10/09/12

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

RichT wrote: »

Must delete American Horror Story so I can have both seasons of this saved on me sky box(along with every other thing:rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

RichT wrote: »

Do you know if they plan to show through the second season as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

I just got into this last week. myself and Hub loving it. So unpredictable. Anyway I have only seen season 1 but am probably goin to download season 2 over the wknd. The question I have is.. Is the 3rd season recorded yet and if so when is it goin to air?

Advertisement