Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

blacklilly wrote: »
    tell her she'll be waiting a long time!
    awec wrote: »
    That's unreal TG. :(
    If someone sends a message that callous and cold, then it's you who deserves better mate!
    Aquila wrote: »
    That girl will be waiting a very very long time in that case!

Meh, at least it's better knowing what she's like now rather than a few months down the line.

Dodged a bullet methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

That_Guy wrote: »
    Got messaging a girl - :D
    She seemed really nice - :D
    Conversation was going well - :D
    Decided to ask if she'd like to meet up - :)

Got this back:
    You seem like a really nice guy but to be honest, I'm kinda waiting until something better comes along

As if Monday's weren't bad enough.

:pac:
    Oh snap...! What a b*itch

managerman wrote: »

Did you get the same thing mate?

Did you get the same thing mate?
    No, but I'm sorry you did lad, not a great Monday, and you are probably right, dodged a bullet there

No, but I'm sorry you did lad, not a great Monday, and you are probably right, dodged a bullet there

Fúck her, if she wants to act like that then best of luck to any lad willing to jump through her hoops.

No time for people like that.

• Advertisement

Fúck her, if she wants to act like that then best of luck to any lad willing to jump through her hoops.

No time for people like that.
    Dead right, who does she think she is saying that, nobody is too good for anyone else... Grinds my gears when I hear stories like that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

As if Monday's weren't bad enough.

:pac:
    Sorry TG but I laughed, I can just imagine your response :P I find that so bad it's hilarious...

TG, onwards and upwards ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Meh, at least it's better knowing what she's like now rather than a few months down the line.

Dodged a bullet methinks.

You've definitely dodged a bullet there!! Who does she think she is!?! Girls like that make us rest of us look bad.

Dead right, who does she think she is saying that, nobody is too good for anyone else... Grinds my gears when I hear stories like that

I agree but no point in dwelling on it. Onwards and upwards.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

What an utter cow TG. :mad:

Online dating really brings out the worst in some people!

Mudskipper - That's great to hear. :D

• Advertisement

I agree but no point in dwelling on it. Onwards and upwards.

:)

And you wonder why people have lost confidence in online dating!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Why would you give someone your number if you weren't interested in meeting them! Was she just board and wanted to text someone?? Sounds kinda pathetic

Why would you give someone your number if you weren't interested in meeting them! Was she just board and wanted to text someone?? Sounds kinda pathetic

I didn't get her number. Was just messaging on POF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Jason Fly

does anybody else think it's deplorable when you send a message to someone and although you know she's online you wait for weeks for an answer that never comes? if you are not interested, just say it.

Jason Fly wrote: »
    does anybody else think it's deplorable when you send a message to someone and although you know she's online you wait for weeks for an answer that never comes? if you are not interested, just say it.

I used to think that way but it's obvious by them not replying back that they're not interested. Wouldn't lose sleep over it mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I think I've said it before but I'd much rather get no reply than to get an email saying they're not interested. No matter how nice they might try to make it, it still comes across as elitist or pretentious or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

TG, bless you for being so tolerant. I'd be telling her where to go myself!
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Modesty, definitely my favourite sin.

Flattery, definitely mine.

Ah, this again....I don't know, from what I read on here most guys seem to say they'd prefer not to be mailed back.
    As a girl, from experience you sometimes get the begging/abusive people, so generally I just don't reply back. Feels a bit shítty sure, but what can you do? If someone wasn't interested personally I'd prefer to be blanked, that's just me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Deleted my profile on Friday, I finally got sick of the chancers and time-wasters. Have a date tonight with a guy I'd been messaging last week, so we'll see how that goes.

I'm telling you, though, the withdrawal the first day or so! It was like the scene in Trainspotting where Renton is locked in his bedroom by his parents...

TG, bless you for being so tolerant. I'd be telling her where to go myself!

Nah, it's not worth my time/effort in doing that.
    Ah, this again....I don't know, from what I read on here most guys seem to say they'd prefer not to be mailed back.
    As a girl, from experience you sometimes get the begging/abusive people, so generally I just don't reply back. Feels a bit shítty sure, but what can you do? If someone wasn't interested personally I'd prefer to be blanked, that's just me though.

Agree with this. Though, I'd never abuse somebody or beg somebody to message me back. If they're not interested they're not interested. You can't help how they feel. Move on and don't dwell on it.

I used to think that way but it's obvious by them not replying back that they're not interested. Wouldn't lose sleep over it mate.

yes, but it's a bit of a mockery when you were just trying of being nice and feel counted like one more sheep of the flock.
    G-Money wrote: »
    I think I've said it before but I'd much rather get no reply than to get an email saying they're not interested. No matter how nice they might try to make it, it still comes across as elitist or pretentious or something.

Obviously, I get the point than better not to be answered rather than being insulted, especially when girls can be soooo mean.

when you're blanked every single time, it can be really annoying, you can be sure.

It's like you sending a message to someone that misteriously removes her profile the next day. Once, you think it's bad luck, twice, funny it happened again, the sixth time, you stop believing in coincidences

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Like That_Guy I was annoyed when I would send messages, have my profile viewed and then get nothing in response......but now after talking to people I am getting the impression that is better to receive no reply and I am taking that stance too if someone chats to me that I don't like the look/profile of. Just saves having to answer the "why, what's wrong with me" question!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

I also think it's best not to reply, unless the message you first received had alot of effort put into it, then I would usually send a nice polite message back and wish them all the luck etc.

We all send messages that get ignored etc, I just don't take it personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

when you're blanked every single time, it can be really annoying, you can be sure.

It's like you sending a message to someone that misteriously removes her profile the next day. Once, you think it's bad luck, twice, funny it happened again, the sixth time, you stop believing in coincidences

Oh I know it can be annoying, and I feel bad doing it, but at the end of the day I think it's better to be blanked than receive rejection after rejection, no?

If there was a lot of work put into the message I'd mail back and say it nicely. I'd never be rude to anyone if I did mail a "thanks but no thanks" kinda thing, but I'd definitely have to say I wasn't interested, it's not fair to lead them on otherwise.

I think guys do get a hard time on these sites but honestly there is no easy way to let someone know you're not interested and tbh I don't have time to deal with some of the replys you get.

Just my 2c. :)

yes, but it's a bit of a mockery when you were just trying of being nice and feel counted like one more sheep of the flock.

I understand where you're coming from but it's not something you should really get too worked up about.

That's not a slight on you though mate and you shouldn't treat it as something being wrong with you. It happened to me before but it could be another reason.

She could be inundated with sleazy messages from a load of guys and just had enough of it. Sometimes genuine messages may get lost between the absolute crap she might be getting and just didn't want to bother filtering it out anymore.

Online dating is meant to be a casual thing and nobody should be pinning all of their hopes on it. There have been loads of success stories from posters here and that's great but it's not the be all and end all. Just take a step back and chill. It's annoying not getting messages when you send out a few (what you think are) good messages to people but no point in getting worked up over it.

Shrug it off and go again.

Agree with this. Though, I'd never abuse somebody or beg somebody to message me back. If they're not interested they're not interested. You can't help how they feel. Move on and don't dwell on it.

never beg somebody to reply back, although I admit I did it the first time, after that, just sat down and watch it happening again and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

tell her she'll be waiting a long time!
    Aquila wrote: »
    That girl will be waiting a very very long time in that case!

Forever is a very long time.
    That_Guy is the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

never beg somebody to reply back, although I admit I did it the first time, after that, just sat down and watch it happening again and again.
    Unfortunately we have all been blanked from time to time. It bothered me at the beginning but now I'd prefer to be blanked than led on and get a message like TG got. There is no excuse for that kind of rude behaviour. INternet dating isn't for everyone and if you are taking it too much to heart it may not be for you.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Forever is a very long time.
    That_Guy is the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be!

That's a wrestling quote isn't it? *shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

To the people who wonder why people look at your profile and not message, do said people message everyones profile that they look at?

Do you want to meet this person?
    no
    no
    no
    no
    yes, check profile, doesn't like heavy metal so no
    no
    no
    no
    no
    no
    no
    maybe
    no
    no
    no
    no
    yes check profile, actually no
    no
    no
    no
    es, check profile, seems she loves something I really really really hate
    yes check profile, send message
    no
    no
    no
    no
    no
    no
    no

So if I don't get a message from someone who has looked at my profile, I'll look at their profile, and if i like it, I'll message them as a first contact, as opposed to a "I saw you viwed my profile but didn't leave a message" contact.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement